‹ Prequel: How We Operate
Sequel: These Days

How It Should Be

6:00

"Yeah?" Violet prompted Evgeni when he hesitated.

"No want to scare. Please no run away."

"What is it Geno?"

Evgeni took a deep breath and caressed her face with his hand. "Love you," he almost whispered.

Violet felt her world had suddenly stopped. Never had those three words meant so much to her. Not when Mark said them to her, not when Henry said them to her, not when Matt would throw them at her. Violet felt a giant blush creep all over her face and smile begin to form.

"I love you too," Violet replied, kissing him deeply. While kissing him, Violet felt Evgeni relax and loosen. Finally, the two pulled away and Evgeni took her hand and the two made their way to his car, where his father and mother were sitting in the back seat.

"Mom, dad, this is Violet." Geno introduced her as she sat down in the front seat.

The three exchanged pleasantries and Violet didn't feel the least bit awkward. He loved her, he loved her, he loved her. This evening could in no way be horrible now.

**********************************************************

Violet desperately wanted to spend the night with Evgeni but knew that she couldn't, not the same night she met his parents. Geno did, however, walk her all the way up to her door.

He held her hands and kissed her on the nose.

"Love you,"

He kissed her on the cheeks.

"Love you,"

He kissed her on the mouth.

"Love you."

After that he left and Violet dreamily floated into her apartment where she found Matt and Mark playing Wii tennis.

Mark stopped playing and Matt did a double take when they saw the look her on her face.

"Hi," Violet said happily.

"Are you...are you high?" Matt furrowed his eyebrows and Mark snickered.

"No, no." Violet shook her head.

"How were the parents?" Matt asked, turning the Wii off.

"Nice enough."

"So...then why are you all loopy?"

"He loves me," Violet whispered, mostly to herself.

"What?" Matt asked, cupping a hand round his ear. "Speak up."

"He loves me," Violet repeated, smiling. She went and gave Mark a hug, and gave Matt a hug and floated into her bedroom, leaving two very confused boys in her wake.

**********************************************************

"So he loves you, huh?" Mark asked over a plate of pancakes and bacon.

"Mmhmm. It's strange, I didn't think it' happen so soon, but it really feels right, y'know?" Violet smiled and forked a piece of her pancake into her mouth.

"I know what you mean," Mark smiled. "Hey, you know he asked me if I was going to fuck things up for him."

"He did?"

"Yeah, he asked if I was going to try and fucking get you back." Mark laughed. "That is to say, attempt to have my wicked way with you again."

"Oh god, what jealousy!" Violet shook her head. "He got all upset when he met Henry too. These aren't signs of some sort of future problems, are they?" Violet asked, a little worried.

"I wouldn't read too much into it." Mark shook his head. "Don't worry about it, if I were in his position I'd be really fucking worried as well. I mean, you're great, and two people as close as we were -are- spending a lot of time together could be a threat."

"I guess." Violet shrugged.

"And I mean, I have a girlfriend and all that." Mark said nonchalantly while stuffing a half of pancake in his mouth. Violet spit out some milk.

"Who?!"

"Jill Christofali."

"She went to school with you, right?"

"Word."

"And you're only choosing to tell me this now...?"

"You never asked." Markfinished his pancake and looked up at Violet. She shrugged finally and stole a piece of bacon off of his plate

"Anyway, I'm going to miss you bud." Violet said. "Don't be a stranger when you go back home."

"I promise I won't be." Mark smiled. The rest of the breakfast went as well, the two planning to meet up the night before the wedding to go the liquor store in preparation for the not open bar wedding.

As the two friends were leaving, the passed a table where the family Malkin was dinning. Geno called out for his girlfriend and she and Mark made their way to the table where two very confused parents glared at Violet and Mark, as Geno welcomed them with a bright shinning smile.

**********************************************************
An hour after saying goodbye to her oldest friend, Matt and Violet were playing video games. What else would two young adults be doing on a Sunday afternoon?

Midway through a round of Kombat Violet's phone started ringing.

"Violet? It's Shannon." Violet struggled to a keep a groan to herself.

"Hullo, Shannon."

"I was wondering if we could meet up for drinks tomorrow? I have some things I'd like to go over with you about the ceremony and-"

At the words drinks Violet visibly perked up and agreed.

"Alright, well Ryan is going to come and we could meet this boyfriend of yours." Shannon said. Violet heard her doubt that she actually had a boyfriend in the word. Sighing Violet agreed.

She then dialed Geno only to have his mother pick up.

"Hi, Mrs. Malkin. Could I please speak to Evgeni?" Violet asked in Russian.

"He no here." Mrs. Malkin said coldly, hanging up on Violet. Thinking it strange that Geno wouldn't be home at this hour she dialed his cell and waiting for him to pick up.

"Hi," He greeted cheerfully.

"Hi, where are you?"

"Home. Why?"

"Uh..I just called your house and your mom said you weren't."

"What you mean?"

"I asked to speak with you and she told me you weren't home and hung up on me."

"She confused, I think. Probably not know who were. What wrong?"

"I wanted to see if you could come for drinks with me and my brother and his fiance tomorrow night."

"Yeah, sound good. After practice, yes?"

"Of course."

"I be there." Violet smiled happily and hung up the phone, ready to join Matt in the games again. It was Geno, left staring at his cell, wondering why his mother would blatantly lie like that.
♠ ♠ ♠
COMMMENNNNNNTTT?

please?

my crazy grandma is coming today for two weeks and I don't think I can deal with it. She started talking about sex last time she was here...