‹ Prequel: How We Operate
Sequel: These Days

How It Should Be

18:00

Violet woke up the next morning incredibly late. It was ten and Evgeni had already left for practice. She lazily rolled out of bed and took a shower. She had started keeping a few odd clothes in Geno's house and threw on a comfy pair of jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt and sat down at the dining room table to work from home that day.

The best part was Tanger had already guaranteed the boys for the dinner the next night so she didn't have much else to do. Just as she had kicked back on Geno's couch and wait for him her phone started playing Guns N' Roses Welcome to the Jungle, Matthew's personalized ring tone.

"What's up, Matty?"

"Julie wants me to meet her family." Violet sat straight up.

"That's incredibly soon."

"Yeah, it's been what? Two weeks? I'm really afraid of her brothers!"

"Well, I've met Cameron and he's nice but...you know, hulking. And I hear that Warren is the same way." Violet bit her lip as she searched her mind for ways to get Matt out of it. "When is this?"

"New Years." Violet felt her whole body relax with relief.

"You have to be at my firm's party. You're on the guest list and paid and stuff."

"I didn't pay for-"

"Matt!"

"Ohhh I get it. Okay. Good. Thank you. I do want to meet her family but not this soon."

"That is completely understandable." Violet looked up as the front door shut and she heard Geno bumble around in the front hall before making his way toward her.

"Okay, well, crisis averted. Thanks, Vi."

"No problemo. Talk to you later." Violet hung up the phone and looked up at Evgeni who was standing before her. His dark hair was covered in white specks of snow and he had a lazy smile on his face.

"Hey, you," Violet held her arms out to him. He grabbed them and wrapped them around his neck before burrowing his face into her neck and kissed her sweetly. "Missed you." She felt him nod against her before sinking them down onto the couch.

"What doing?" He asked, holding himself above her as to not crush her with his body weight.

"Nothing," Violet laughed as he feathered her neck and face with kisses. "What are you doing?"

"Nothing," Evgeni mimicked her and wrapped his arms around her waist preparing to take her to the bedroom when her phone started ringing again. Geno groaned and answered before Violet could.

"'Lo?" Geno answered as Violet let out a burst of laughter. "This Geno Malkin." Violet couldn't contain her giggles and let them bubble up as Geno kept whoever it was on the phone busy. "No...she here. Maybe...no. Here" Geno thrust the phone into her hand and pushed he back down on the couch to continue his previous assault on her neck.

"Hello?"

"Was that the famous boyfriend?" It was her brother Ryan. Violet inwardly groaned - not only at Geno's touch but because it was her brother.

"Yes. What do you want, Ry?"

"Well, you know how Shannon is kind of shy and doesn't have many friends?"

"Yes..." Violet hoped he wasn't going where she thought he was going with this.

"Well, she was wondering if , and I'm begging you to agree to this, be her maid of honor?" Ryan's voice went meek at the end and Violet outwardly groaned this time. Geno stopped and laid his chin on her chest as Violet replied.

"I don't wanna," Violet whined, absentmindedly running a hand through Geno's hair. He blew a raspberry on her chest.

"Please Violet! I'm begging you!"

"What's in it for me besides a world of unhappiness?"

"Well, we intended to make this wedding happen in a month so you'll only have to help plan for a month, you get to pick the dress that I'm paying for, by the way, and I'll put extra thought into your birthday gift this year."

"You haven't gotten me a birthday gift in like three years." Violet scoffed.

"Well seeing as if you do this you'll be around this year I will get you an extra special one to make up for the past three plus extra." Violet contemplated this before begrudgingly agreeing.

"I don't have any color restraints do I?"

"To my knowledge no."

"Fine. I'll do it." After Ryan thanked her profusely she hung up the phone and looked down at Geno. "Well? Are we going to finish or are you going to get me all antsy and leave me hanging?"

"You always antsy." Geno grinned before attacking her lips with his own. He carried her up to his bedroom and threw her on the bed while she kissed him all the way.

****************************************************

Violet and Geno made their way back downstairs to hang out. Violet wore one of Geno's large t-shirts and he himself wore only sweat pants. As they made their way downstairs they heard voices. Geno groaned.

"What now?" Violet followed Evgeni into the living room where Sidney and Jordan were going through the TV guide. Geno pushed her out of view earning a laugh from Violet as she went back upstairs to put on pants, as this would surely be his demand.

"Why you here?" Geno grunted sitting down purposefully on the love seat and folding his arms looking at his friends.

Jordan smiled that famous Staal smile and answered. "We were bored."

"How you get in?"

"Your garage." Not even wanting to delve into how Sidney and Jordan knew his garage code he just closed his eyes and let his head hang over the back of the couch.

"Hey guys," Violet smiled and went over to sit with Evgeni on the love seat. "Bored, huh?" Sidney nodded and smiled while Jordan turned the TV off.

"There is nothing good on."

"Well, obviously Gronk, it's five thirty on a Monday. They expect you hip-happening people to have something better to do on a Monday at this hour." Violet laughed and tucked her head into Geno's neck. He stroked her hair as Sidney began to complain that TV networks should change their scheduling.

Violet chuckled and recommended they find something to do in their free time. "Perhaps a role playing game like Darkon or something of the sort?"

"I'm sorry, did you just recommend I join a role-playing game like Darkon?" Jordan blinked at Violet who stared at him, completely serious.

"Well, you already have the name, Gronk," Violet raised her eyebrows at the hockey player and moved to grab a take-out menu. "Pizza okay?" Violet went to dial the number when her phone lit up with a number she didn't recognize.

"Hello?" Violet asked, a bit of a hostile tone. She was tired of all the phone calls she kept receiving that day.

"Violet? It's Shannon..."
♠ ♠ ♠
No new commentors no new updates.