Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Thirteen.

It was yet another Sunday morning in Lutherville. I had yet another headache, I was lacking the memory of the night before, and there was, once again, an arm around my waist. I looked over to him, only to see his head under the pillow. I didn’t want to know what lowlife I had ended up with this time, so I got up, dressed and left him. Closing the door, Marissa sneaked out of another bedroom.
“Sneaking away from Barakat?” I smirked, making my way over to her. She jumped and span around.
“How did you know it was him?” She groaned. I thought back. I remembered me and some guy walking into the room and seeing, but I didn’t remember which guy. For the first time I couldn’t remember his name. We continued walking down the hall and out of Rian’s house.
“Me and some guy accidentally walked in,” I laughed.
“Which guy? The Alex Gaskarth kind?”
“Unfortunately, no. Otherwise I’d still be up there.” I pushed the key into the ignition and started on my way home. I was working at noon.
“Who then?”
“I honestly have no idea. I don’t even know what he looked like.”
“He left?!”
“No, the dweeb had his head under the pillow.”
“And you didn’t check?!”
“I didn’t know if I wanted to.”
“You’re impossible.”

“Thanks for your purchase, have a nice day,” I smiled sweetly, handing the customer their bag, receiving a quick glance as they grabbed the bag.
’The bitch has stuck again. x’
Alex. And now he had hooked up with someone trying to be me. I bit my lip, threw ten dollars in the register and swiped my top up card through so I could text him back.
’I just wasted ten bucks to text you back. Explain please? x’
The store was dead. Sunday’s were always empty, yet they insisted on being open for the few people that needed junk on a Sunday. I wasn’t complaining, it was easy money.
’The girl from last week. I found her. She was gone again this morning. x’
I sighed. So I was right, there was a girl out there pulling the same stunt I had last week.
’Meet me on Yorktowne plaza. We can talk more then, ‘kay? I get off work at six. x’
It was still about half hour away from the end of my shift when Alex showed up. I was oblivious to his entrance, I never even looked up from my magazine when he walked in, assuming it was just another obnoxious customer. Technically I wasn’t supposed to do this, I was supposed to sit and do nothing but serve customers during my shift, but I still did it regardless.
“What’s shakin’, baby?” I jumped half a mile into the air, him jumping up onto the counter with a smirk on his face. “I didn’t scare you, did I?”
“Oh, ha ha, you’re so funny Alex.”
“Funny and early!”
“Mm-hm. I can see that. Now, last night, who saw you with who?”
“The guys and Kara all said they didn’t see me after I walked back to the house with you, so I was hoping you could tell me. Do you remember much of that?”
“I remember you loading me with drinks and trying to get some info out of me, but that’s it until I saw Jack and Marissa,” I shrugged.
“I remember seeing them in Rian’s brothers’ room, but I can’t remember who was with me.” Oh, for fuck sake. I didn’t just walk out on Alex again, did I? This isn’t fair. Not even slightly. Is this payback for my ways or something?!
“Yet another on going mystery.”
’You slept with Alex?!’
Marissa.
’How the fuck do you know?! I only just found out myself!’
Alex was currently sat on the counter, throwing paper balls into a plastic cup and waiting for my shift to end. We had under 10 minutes left to wait.
’Jack told me Alex came out of Rian’s parents’ room. Where you came out of! Christ, Jasey, keep your pants on!’
‘This is coming from you! Look, I’ll talk to you when I get home. Alex is here bitching about me.’

“Jasey, you can head out now,” my supervisor called.
“See you tomorrow, Mark!” He waved me off and pulled my apron over my head, throwing it under the counter for tomorrow’s shift. “How did you even get here?” I asked Alex as we exited the store, not seeing his car anywhere.
“I live about ten minutes down the road, so I walked,” he shrugged.
“Coming round mine? I think Jack’s there.” He nodded.
“But can I drive?” I threw my keys at him, allowing him to get into the drivers seat and start the car. I didn’t know why I trusted him to drive my car, I barely trusted Marissa to do that. “I can’t believe this girl is playing me. I don’t get why I let this happen. I don’t want to be a fool for anyone.”
“You don’t remember our conversation last night, do you?” He shot me a confused look. “I’ll take that as a no…”
“What was it?”
“Nothing. It doesn’t matter.”
“Come on, Hols, tell me. I’m curious now.”
“I-I-I can’t tell you.”
“Why the Hell not?!”
“I don’t dare,” I whispered. It was true; his reaction last night had merely been the alcohol talking. It didn’t hold true for today, not now that he was sober and I had left him. Again.
“Holly, don’t keep secrets from me. It’s hardly fair; I don’t keep them from you.”
“But you don’t have this secret. I don’t want you to think any differently of me for being so selfish and stupid.”
“Hols, you’ll always be the same in my eyes. You’ll always be my favourite girl; no matter what.”
“Do you promise not to throw a huge fit at me?”
“Promise.”
“It was me.”
“What was?” We were almost to my apartment by now. Soon I’d be free of this tiny, suffocating car.
“The girl this morning. I didn’t know it was you today, I swear. I didn’t know if I wanted to look under the pillow and not see your face.”
“So, it wasn’t last week’s girl?”
“No, it was. She’s me.” His foot hit the breaks full force, only one turn off from my street.
“You have got to be kidding me.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The chapter title reminds me of House.
I miss that show. Roll on January.

Anyway, to the point.
Next update: December 25th.
Christmas present. :)