Don't Make This Easy, I Want You to Mean It.

Two.

Jack Barakat. Jack Attack. Jack-y Boy. Jackster. Jackosaurous Rex. What can I say about this boy? He's been my friend since I started going to this god forsaken place. The only boy I know who hasn't tried getting into my pants at some point or other. We've been lab partners since the beginning, and no teacher has ever seen fit to change that. Slowly they've added on lessons we have together, until we're together almost every lesson of every day. The only lessons we didn't have together happened to be the ones he had with his male best friend, or ones that I just skipped altogether. Unfortunately, this year that included English. The teacher I had ruined the entire subject for me, and they had yet to move me to another class. The only one they had a space in was a level higher than they believed me to be. Let’s just say they were wrong. I could work at it, and improve my grade, but I'd rather not cut into social time with school work. It was currently nearing the end of my English lesson and I was still around the main office arguing with them to move me like I had been for the past month. The bell rung out for Chemistry and I sighed at the woman behind the desk.
"I'll see you tomorrow," I growled. She smiled sweetly at me and waved me off. Oh, how I detested that woman. Sitting in my seat next to Jack and turned to look at me with the knowing look I had come to expect.
"Still not letting you move?" He asked, sympathetically.
"Nope. They don't believe that Warren has it in for me," I replied, glaring at the book in front of me.
"Well, at least you don't have your best friend going insane at you all day! I mean, jeez!"
"How long is this story going to take?"
"If I tell you it all, it should last us through this lesson," he grinned.
"Then tell me it all," I said, grinning in return.
"Okay, so you know that party on Saturday at June's house?" He gushed, sounding exactly like an over-excited teen girl. I laughed and nodded. "Well, my best friend is just the shit when it comes to parties. I swear he could have had in June's pants that night, God only knows why he didn't!" I chuckled. June was the richest, most popular and 'prettiest' girl in school. I didn't see what guys saw in her, honestly, she just looked like a pig in expensive clothing to me. "Well, basically he had girls falling over their feet to get to him." He paused for a moment, thinking over how he was going to say the next bit. "You heard the story about Alex Gaskarth and the girl that walked out on him yet?" I gulped. Jack didn't know the girl was me, only Marissa did.
"Nope, what happened?"
"Well, this guy is like the one-night stand king, I swear it. He's like the male version of you," he smirked, making me laugh and slap his arm playfully. "Back to the point. He's never, ever had a girl walk out on him before in his life. Believe me, I know. So, Sunday morning, he wakes up expecting to find some stunning girl laid next to him asleep, but no. He's left in a spare bedroom at June's house, naked and alone. Needless to say, he's devastated. He's not used to this at all. So I see him later on that day, right, and my God, it's been only hours and the guy is going insane over this girl! He can hardly remember a thing about her, but he's going insane. He says all he remembers is she's the best he's ever had, and that he remembers her being stunning. Better looking than even June, but he can't remember what she looks like. Like every thing's a blur. So I think he'll be over it by the next morning. No such luck. The guy is practically ripping his hair out trying to think who this girl is and why she walked out on him."
"So, what does this have to do with your best friend?" He just looked at me like I was an idiot. I thought over the story so far and groaned inwardly. "Are you fucking kidding me?! He is your best friend?"
"Yeah, what's so bad about that? You guys have never even met," he said, confusion across his face.
"Nothing, I just didn't expect it to be him," I said quickly.
"He's my band mate; of course he's going to be one of my best friends."
"Yeah, I kinda forgot that bit," I laughed. Looking over at the clock I turned back to Jack with a stern look. "I thought you said this would take the entire lesson. It's only been half!"
"Well, yeah, but I needed to hear the story of your latest conquest to fill up the rest," he smirked.
"I don't have a conquest this week; otherwise you would have been hearing the story all around school again. Marissa got me out before I could do anything stupid." I laughed.
"So, you're telling me, that at the biggest party of the year, you didn't hook up with anyone?" Oh, God, I hated lying to Jack.
"Well, yeah. Blame Marissa!"
"You're lying. I can see it." And that's the reason why; I always get caught out. "Who did you hook up with?!”
"No one of importance."
"He obviously must be if you feel the need to lie to me!"
"Jack, just drop it."
"No. You never lie to me. Never. I want to know."
"Well, I don't know his name!"
"You always know their names! Why are you lying to me so much?!" I was about to reply when the bell rang out signaling lunch.
"I'll talk to you later, Jack."
And with that, I left the room to find Marissa.