Sequel: Can You Find Me?

Seasons.

Butterfly's.

I walked out of the back door and onto the deck where Josh, John and Brian were sitting. I don’t know where everyone else went. And I don’t know why Jess wasn’t behind me anymore. I’m guessing she went to the washroom or something like that. I sighed, sitting down on one of the chairs with the guys. They all stopped talking and looked at me, but I just looked at the ground.

“Where’s Jess?” Josh asked me.

“She’s inside I’m pretty sure.” I shrugged. “She’s not in the best mood right now.”

“She totally likes Carson, doesn’t she?” Brian asked.

“Fuck, shut up!” John looked at Brian. I felt bad for him. Even if he was putting in a word, and it wasn’t an annoying statement, they still told him to shut up. Was his voice that annoying? Or is there something that I’m missing. “Let Jordan explain.”

“Did Carson kiss Ali, or did she kiss him?” I blurted out the question.

Josh’s mouth turned into an ‘O’ shape as he leaned back into his chair. “Ah, I know why Jess is all bummed and what not. She likes him doesn’t she? I knew it.”

“Shut up dude,” John looked at Josh. “this isn’t funny. Jess usually never likes guys and for that to happen. What a fucking whore. I mean Ali is hot and all, but that’s fucking low. I need to go and talk to Jess.”

John got up from his chair and walked past all of us, heading for the door. He walked in and I looked back at Josh and Brian. John was really close with Jess. I think he’s the only one that Jess really got along with, in the group of guys. I think it’s because John doesn’t make fun of her or anything like that. But the guys, just act like stupid guys around her. I’d probably get fed up once and awhile and beat their asses down.

“Where did everyone else go to?” I asked.

“Well, Hannah and Ali wanted to go change before it got dark. Therefore, Carson and Stephen walked them over there, and they’re probably waiting for them to change.” Brian replied to me.

“He better not like her,” I mumbled. “I mean he usually does go for girls like that. But he doesn’t need anymore of those. He needs someone that’s going to be there for him. A chill girl that he could have a good time with. And not only in the bedroom.”

Josh laughed a little bit. I just looked at him. “Sorry,” He apologized. “I thought it was funny.”

I looked around the outside, wondering what my mom was doing. She hasn’t really talked to me the whole time I have been here. She didn’t call, just a random text here and there. I wonder if I even had family who cared. I mean, my mom seems not to care. And I wasn’t sure if my dad did, since he never invited me to come and live with him. And right now, I think that would probably be best for me. I was not sure though.

“What would you guys think about me moving here?” I asked out of no where. I think it was just my thoughts speaking out loud like they usually do.

“You’re going to move here?” I heard someone say from behind me. I looked back to see John standing there with Jess. “I don’t know,” I replied. “I mean there’s nothing for me back at home and you guys seem to like having me around.”

“Do it!” John said quickly. “I mean. . .”

“You totally want her to stay here,” Josh looked at him. “And then you and her can finish your last year of high school together since you guys are just younglings.”

“What I meant,” John looked at Josh shaking his head. I could see the redness on his cheeks but he was trying to hold it back. I guess Stephen was right. I guess John doesn’t really like girls, he just likes the idea of them liking him. “that it would be really cool if she moved here, so I wouldn’t have to be alone all year. But if we get more tours, I probably won’t even be at school.”

“What about that?” I asked. “When you guys leave, and I live here. How is that going to work? I’m going to be stuck here all alone ‘till you guys come back from tour?”

“You can come with us!” John smiled brightly.

“What about schooling?” I asked.

“Yeah,” Jess agreed. “I mean this isn’t LCFC guys. We’re going to be going on more tours and doing more things if we actually want this to work. If we want to do it for a living. I mean, it would be great if she could come on tour with us, but what about her schooling?”

“Well, what does John do?” I asked. “He doesn’t just drop out, does he?”

“We could do road classes!” John suggested. “I mean we could do online work on the road together so it won’t be as hard. And then when we’re at home, we’ll attend the high school here until we graduate.”

“I still don’t know if my dad would let that,” I shrugged. “I’m not going to mention it ‘till the end of the summer. Just to be on the safe side.”

“It’s getting dark out.” Josh said looking up at the sky and then he looked over at John standing there. Josh smiled at John brightly, signalling something. John just shook his head and looked away from Josh, over to me.

“Can I talk to you for a second?” John said looking at me, he had a smirk on his face. I nodded, already knowing what he was going to ask. I guess they were right, but I doubted every second of it. It’s how I’ve always been. I’ve always doubted things. I really need to stop doing that.

I got up from the chair, and no one was talking at all. I just had a feeling that they were watching John and walked over to the back door. I didn’t do anything though. I just walked, looking at John’s back as he walked ahead of me. There was something in my stomach that I haven’t had in a long time. Butterfly’s. These brought back bad memories.

I walked into the kitchen, standing there, closing my eyes. I needed to make these go away. The would trap the thoughts inside my head and I wouldn’t be able to enjoy the night that I wanted to with John. “What’s wrong?” I heard John asked me.

“Butterfly’s.” I replied without even knowing that I was. “They bring back bad things.”

I opened my eyes and looked at John. He smiled slightly. “I give you butterfly’s?”

I shrugged. “I guess so, if I have them, right?”

“I guess so,” He smiled. “I’ll stop if it brings back bad memories. What am I doing to do it? I could stop. I don’t know how I will, but I’ll think of something. What am I doing?”

“I don’t know. . .” I shook my head. “Because you’re very attractive and I know what you’re going to ask me, so I guess the idea of that is making me nervous because I’m not really good with guys asking me things like that. I don’t know. I don’t know why I’m telling you this. My minds taking over my words.”

“Well, first of all you’re very attractive too. Second of all, I don’t have to take you to the mountains to watch the meteor shower if you don’t want to. It was just an idea I had. And third of all, there’s no need to be nervous. If you’re not used to these kinds of things, I can help you become un-nervous.” John smiled walking closer to me.

“Alright let’s go.” I said quickly, a smile appearing on my face.

“That’s what I want to hear.” John laughed. “You might want to get a sweater or something. Even though it’s hot during the day, it gets cool during the night.”

I nodded my head, walking away from John with a big smile on my face. I knew that he was going to ask me when he wanted to talk alone, but I didn’t think it would go like that. I usually don’t let my mind speak for itself that much, but there was something about John that made me want to tell him anything and everything running around in my mind. I trusted John, even though I’ve known him for the littlest time. Those Gomez brothers are the people to become close with.

I walked down the hallway, looking into the living room where my dad was passed out on the couch. He was a normal dad. Worked at an office, and had a beer while watching the game during the night time. He was pretty chill though. I don’t know why my mom told him to leave. I think he’s a pretty decent guy. And I would have loved to have him as a father figure growing up.

I walked over to the basement door, and noticed the from door opening. I looked over to see Carson and Stephen walking in. I didn’t notice Ali and Hannah with them though. “Where’s the girls?” I asked them.

“They said they’d be over in a bit,” Stephen replied. “Where you going?”

“I was going to get a sweater, since John wants to leave soon.” I told him.

“So he did ask you?” Stephen smiled. “I told you so! You don’t need to get a sweater. John is using my car, and there’s one in the back seat. You can just use that one if you want to.”

“Alright. Thanks.” I smiled and nodded at Stephen. “Could you tell John that I’ll be outside waiting for him, for me?”

“Yeah.” Stephen nodded. Then him and Carson walked past me.

I walked to the front door looking down at all of the shoes sitting there. Mostly vans, minus me and Jess’s flip flops. I slipped on my shoes, looking up at the mirror on top of the hooks on the wall. I fixed my hair, and looked at myself for a moment. I don’t really get the whole deal of John thinking I’m attractive. I’m quite plain. But, every girl doesn’t think they’re attractive. That’s just how life goes.

I turned to my left, opening the front door. I walked onto the porch looking around the community. Then I noticed Ali and Hannah walking across the street coming over here to join the rest of the people here. I walked off the porch, walking over to the driveway. I sat up against Carson’s car, waiting for John to come out here.

Ali walked past me, a dirty look smeared on her face. I didn’t care though. I wouldn’t let girls like her get to me anymore, plus I don’t even care about her. This was Jess’s problem, even though I’m always there to help. I need to talk to Carson about this later, because of what I’m thinking of right now, he’s only in it for a piece of ass.

“Hannah,” I stopped her with my arm. She stood there awkwardly. Hannah was gorgeous. She wasn’t whore bag looking like her twin. She was a natural beauty, and I can see what Stephen is so attracted by. “Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Why would you want to talk to her?” Ali asked, turning around. “She doesn’t matter.”

With that, Ali walked away into the back yard. I’m guessing they were the kind of twins that didn’t get along at all. I mean, there’s ones that love each other and there’s ones that hate each other to death. I think it’s the second one for them. But I don’t blame Hannah if she hates Ali. I would too if I were her.

“Yeah?” Hannah asked in a soft spoken voice. She looked torn from what Ali had said. I can tell that Ali says a lot of hurtful things to her. I begin to dislike that girl as the seconds go on, more and more. Carson better stay the fuck away from her.

“What do you think of Stephen?” I asked her with a smirk.

Her straight faced look, began to be different for once. She smiled brightly, but then stopped in the middle of her smile, trying to hide it. She blushed. “I don’t know.” She shrugged. “What is there to think of him?”

“He likes you, y’know.” I replied.

“Really?” Her eyes shot open and her mouth fell a little.

“Why do you seem so shocked?” I asked.

“Well,” She shrugged. “I guess it’s because I don’t have attractive guys ever liking me, it’s always Ali that gets the guys. I mean we’ve been here one day, and have known you guys for one day. And she’s already fucking kissed someone!”

“Yeah,” I looked at the ground. “I’m going to have to do something about that. I don’t really like your sister. She seems like a hoe. No offence.”

Hannah laughed. “It’s alright. She is. I’ve known that most of my life.”

“Well, yes.” I nodded. “Stephen does like you. Just talk to him, because you haven’t really been talking to him apparently. He’s shy too, but trust me when you get to know him he’s a really good, nice guy.”

“I mean,” Hannah shook her head lightly. “I’d love to talk to him more. I’m just really shy when it comes to guys. I don’t know. See, I’m talking to you perfectly right now. I don’t know. I guess I just freeze up in front of guys.”

I laughed. “It’s alright. You don’t have to worry. Stephen is really easy to talk to. I’ve only been here a couple of days, and I’ve talked to him the most. Well, yeah. Him or Jess. But I thought Carson was easy to talk to, but Stephen is like fucking Dr. Phil.”

“Well then.” Hannah smiled. “I’ll have to hang out with him tonight. But, I don’t know if Ali will do her whole thing she does most of the time. Last time someone attractive liked me, she took him like that and she didn’t even like him.”

“Don’t worry,” I pulled her into a one armed hug. “Stephen is not like that.”

“Alright, well I’ll talk to you when you get back.” Hannah smiled.

“You know about it too?” I asked.

“John was talking to Taylor about you earlier before Taylor left. I just happened to be sitting there.” She laughed. “But here he comes so, I’ll talk to you when you get back.”

I looked over to see John walking out of the front door, with a completely different outfit on. I guess he borrowed an outfit from Josh or something. I guess that’s why he took so long. Hannah smiled and walked away from me, passing John and walking into the house. John was wearing jeans and a blue sweater now.

He walked down the drive way, twirling Stephen’s car keys in his hand. He looked at me and stopped in his step. “Where’s your sweater?” He asked.

“Stephen said there was on in the back seat of his car I could wear.” I replied.

“Oh, I see.” He smiled. He walked closer to me. He stood there in front of me awkwardly. I wasn’t sure which car was Stephens but I knew it was one of the cars on the curb of the street. John looked at my eyes and then down at my hand. I watched as his hand grabbed mine and our fingers intertwined.

“I like holding hands.” John smiled with a shrugged. “Is that alright?”

I laughed. “It’s fine, John.”

“You’re just saying that,” John replied. “’Cause you want my booty. I know it.”

“Yeah, this is the first step from getting that junk in the trunk.” I joked, my hand still holding onto his as we walked down the driveway to where ever Stephens car was.

“See,” John giggled. “I was right.”

We walked onto the sidewalk and John let go of my hand. I really didn’t want him to though. But I noticed that we were at Stephens car. It was just a little black car. Nothing to fancy and stuff. I didn’t get why he’d have a black car in Arizona? It would be so hot driving around and stuff. I shrugged, walking to the other side of the car and hopping into the passenger seat.

I shut the door, and pulled on the seat belt. John sat in the drivers seat, and stuck the key in the ignition. He put on his seat belt and looked at me and smiled. “I bet the meteor shower tonight is going to be amazing.” I said to him.

“Not as amazing as you.” He smiled with a blush. Then he began to laugh noticing how corny that line was. It was corny. But I didn’t mind. At least it was a compliment for once and not an insult like always.
♠ ♠ ♠
I thought it was lame.
What do you think :)?
COMMENT.