Sequel: Can You Find Me?

Seasons.

The Gold Dress.

The bath water was sinking down the drain. All I could hear was the sucking noise from the other room. Other than that, it was all quiet. On the other side of this door, Jess waited on my aunts bed, for me to come out and show her what I looked like when I tried to be girly. But instead of hurrying up like she would like me too, I stood here in the half damp towel, staring at the dress hanging on the door.

Dresses were my worst enemy. I wasn’t even positive if this still even fit me. I sighed, pushing my hair through my fingers, the water dripping from each strand. I pushed it to the back and looked around the room. I wasn’t positive if I wanted to do this. I know that John likes me, but he likes me for how I am all the time. What if he gets freaked out when he sees me in a totally different comfort zone then the usual Jordan outfit.

Then I heard more then just the water dripping from the bathroom beside this one. I was currently in my aunts bathroom which was dry. I heard Jess moving around outside of the door. Her footsteps were light, but I could still hear them perfectly. I stood there awkwardly, staying completely still. Then I heard the sound of doors open which made me a little confused. I wondered what she was doing.

I finally decided I should do what I was supposed to do. I dropped the towel to the floor, looking at the white material of a carpet under me. My undergarments were on the sink side. I grabbed them and put them on quickly so Jess wouldn’t pull one of her ‘walking in on purpose’ things. I don’t know why, but there was no lock on this door. I’ve always had a bad habit of locking doors when I was little, it’s not as bad anymore though.

My hand ran down the material of the dress. I could still feel the water dripping on my back from my long brown hair. I sighed, taking the dress off of the hanger. The dress was never a good friend to me. My mom said I should dress in more things like that, because she didn’t like the way I dressed. She said I should be more girly. Listen to music that had a good techno beat. And have friends that were rich so I could get farther in life.

Jess was still moving around the room. I held the dress in my hand, looking down at that black material. I heard some sort of a thump come from Jess outside of the door. I turned around, walking to the other side of the washroom. I pulled the dress over my legs but I could tell already that the dress didn’t fit me, and I was right. The dress couldn’t even fit over my thighs. I haven’t worn it in forever.

“It doesn’t fit!” I barked to Jess. She didn’t reply at first. I sighed, pulling the dress off of my legs and letting it fall to the ground. I bent down and picked up the dress one more time and put it on the top of the toilet seat. Moments later there was a knock at the door.

“Don’t worry,” Jess said on the other side of the door. “I found something much better then that dress anyways. Open the door for a second.”

I walked over to the door slowly, putting my hand on the silver door knob. Turning and twisting the door knob until it would open. I opened the white door slowly, Jess’s face appearing in front of me. In her head, was something that wasn’t black. It was a gold material. I shook my head, but she just smiled away walking into the bathroom.

“I found this in your aunt’s closet.” Jess shrugged. “I liked it better then the black.”

I grabbed the dress from Jess’s hand and held it up in front of me. Surprised was the first feeling that I got when I looked at the dress because I actually liked it. It was a strapless dress, tight on the torso, and then it flowed out at the bottom and went down to about my knee’s. I don’t think I’ve ever said this about a dress before, but I actually liked it. Going formal shopping or prom shopping, there wasn’t really dresses that I liked, but I liked this one.

Smiling, I said. “I actually like this one.”

“Really?” Jess asked in shock. “Wow, we must get this on you right now!”

The dress looked bigger then the black one. It made me feel weird, knowing that I’ve gained weight since last year. Weight has always been a big issue for me and I never really understood why. I wasn’t over weight, but I wasn’t the average weight that you’re supposed to be at my age. Just a little bit over - it still made me feel weird. Everyone was at the average or under it. I was pretty much the only in my grade over it.

Jess turned around, standing there awkwardly. She scratched her arm. I could tell she was becoming inpatient but that’s how they all are. Carson and I are used to taking our time with things, but not them. They like getting things quickly. I pulled the dress over my legs and slipped on with no problem. I smiled, pulling it over my torso. It fit perfectly which didn’t make me feel fat at all.

“Zip it up?” I asked, making Jess turn around to look at. I turned around and lifted my hair out of the way so she could zip the dress up for me. Jess’s hand were cold on my back. I felt her zip the dress. For a moment I didn’t turn around because I was scared to see what her reaction would be the to the dress, but she turned me around her self.

I watched as Jess’s mouth dropped at first. I wasn’t positive if it was a good drop or a bad one. Then her mouth formed into a smile which made me feel better. Jess reached down to grab my hand. She turned me around and smiled even brighter. “You don’t even know how bad I wish I was John right now.” She laughed.

“Do I look alright?” I asked.

“Alright?” Jess gasped. “You look fucking amazing!”

“No I don’t . . .” I trailed off.

“See for yourself,” She said still holding onto my hand. She opened the door of the washroom quickly and pulled me out of the room. I walked onto the beige coloured carpet and over to the door of my aunt’s room. Jess shut the door to reveal the body mirror at the back of the aunt’s door. And when I saw myself, I felt a little awkward.

“Wow. . .” I said in disbelief.

The only reason that I felt awkward is because I’ve never actually looked good in anything before. I mean, I thought I looked alright in my favourite outfits, but it’s never been anything like this. I turned around and then stopped in front of the mirror once again. Jess stood behind me, smiling away at the way I looked. I smiled brightly. I actually felt good about myself. I actually thought that I looked half decent. I was just hoping that John would feel the same way.

“I told you, you looked good.” Jess nodded her head. “Now, we need to do your hair and make up quickly because I’m pretty sure John is becoming inpatient.”

“You guys are always inpatient. . .” I sighed. “It’s really weird.”

Jess shrugged. “I guess it’s because we’re used to doing this right away.”

I turned around one more time, looking at the back of my dress. Then something startled me. A knock from the door. I moved a little bit and then walked back over to the door. I turned the door knob and opened the door slowly. It was more then one person. Brian, Stephen, and Taylor all piled into the room. At first they didn’t notice me, then Stephen stopped walking, making them all stop. It was an awkward silence as they all looked at me.

“Wow. . .” Brian, Taylor and Stephen all said at the same time.

“I know.” Jess nodded her head as I stayed quiet. “She looks fucking hot, eh?”

“She looks . . .” Taylor stopped and looked up and down at me one more time. It felt weird just watching three boys stand there checking me out for a couple minutes. “Well, she looks better then she usually does. I wish I was John right now.”

“That’s exactly what I said!” Jess giggled.

I just tried to ignore them. I walked over to the dresser table that my aunt had on the far wall of her room. My straightener and the blow dryer was there, so I’m guessing Jess went down stairs to get it. I sat down on the chair and grabbed the blow dryer. I could hear everyone mumbling stuff behind me, but they’d be annoyed in a second. I turned the blow dryer on high and began to run it through my hair.

Everyone stood behind me, still trying to talk. I noticed them through the mirror that was in front of me. Stephen walked across the room and hopped up on top of my aunt’s bed, along with Brian beside him. Taylor and Jess exited the room, and I didn’t know why. I couldn’t hear anything over the noise of the blow dryer.

I don’t know why, but it never took that long to blow dry my hair. I could feel a little bit of damp spots, but that was it. I dried them quickly, trying to turn on my straightener at the same time; I was never a good multi-tasker. I shut the blow dryer off and turned around to look at Brian and Stephen on the bed. I got up from the chair, waiting for my straightener to heat up, it took about a minute or so.

The floor felt weird on my bare feet. I wondered what time my dad would come home tonight but there was bigger things on my mind right now. I wanted to know what John was doing downstairs. I sighed, looking around the room before crawling up on the bed with Stephen and Brian. They both looked down and smiled at as I laid there and sighed. They were both sitting up right at first, but then they laid down beside me to keep me company. “You look great. . .” Pointed out Brian.

“I think I know you guys think that.” I replied.

“Yeah.” Stephen nodded. “But, you really do. I don’t even think I thought that I’d see you like this ever. Carson said that you weren’t one for dressing girly.”

“I don’t,” I shook my head. “I happened to like the dress though. Do you think John will like it? I think he’s used to seeing me how I usually am, so maybe he won’t like it.”

“Are you crazy?” Stephen asked. “He’s going to be fucking drooling on the floors.”

“Um . . .” I said awkwardly. “Alright?”

“Well, you know what I mean.” Stephen sighed. “He’s going to think you look gorgeous because you. You’re going to be even more when you do your hair and make up. And it’s not like you’re pretty every other time of the day, but I mean you look really good now.”

“Well, thanks.” I smiled.

I crawled off the bed, hopping onto the ground. The room was big and for some reason it felt like it went on for hours. I could smell the heat coming from my straightener. I walked back over to the dresser table and looked at myself in the mirror. I sat down on the chair and grabbed the brush from beside the blow dryer. I pulled the brush through my hair, pulling all the knots out, making me cringed.

The straightener was heated all the way now. I grabbed it in my right hand and began to straighten my bangs first. I noticed in the mirror, Stephen hopping off the bed. He walked across the room towards me and Brian stayed in the same exact spot. Stephen stood behind me and smiled. He reached over my shoulder and grabbed the straightener from my hand. “Let me do this. Trust me, I’m a pro.” He smiled.

Stephen’s lightly tanned hands ran through the back of my hair. I closed my eyes, and he began straightening my hair lightly. I just thought about how short the time has been that I’ve been here, and how much fun I’ve had. There has been mixed emotions, but it’s been one of the best time’s that I’ve had in a really long time. I loved these people dearly and a week and a half ago they were strangers to me. I smiled at the thought, opening my eyes one more time. Stephen was still running his hands through my hair with the straightener following after his hands.

“You have really smooth hair.” Stephen smiled from behind me.

“Are you sure you’re not gay?” Brian laughed.

“I’m positive.” Stephen said. “Want to know why?”

“Why?” Brian asked.

“Because I’ve had more girlfriends then you!” Stephen laughed. “Ohhhh!”

“That’s not nice,” I shook my head. “Brian’s going to get some smoking hot girlfriend someday and you’re going to be jealous because you’re going to be a lonely, single little boy and Brian will be out with his girlfriend having a good time.”

“No,” Stephen disagreed. “Because I could get whatever girl that I want.”

“Modest. . .” I laughed.

“Oh well, it’s true.” Stephen smiled proudly.

Stephen ran the hot straightener through my hair still, I watched as it became more straight then it was wavy. I heard the door knob turn one more time and Jess walked in the room, but Taylor wasn’t with her anymore. “Alright you need to hurry up. Stephen finish her hair, then we need go to go down stairs. You can do your makeup by yourself, right?” Jess asked.

I nodded. “Yeah, I can.”

Stephen straightened the right side of my hair, and then the left. He was already done the back of my head so he handed me the straightener. I grabbed it with my right hand and put it on the dresser for a second. “Alright, we’re going to go downstairs.” Jess notified me before they left. “Have fun tonight alright? You look great.”

“Yeah.” Stephen nodded behind me. He bent over and kissed me on the cheek lightly. “You’re going to have one hell of a night.”

“You look beautiful.” Brian said once again, being the adorable self that he is.

“Thanks guys.” I smiled before they walked out of the room. The last thing that I heard was the door shut. And then it was silent one more time. And I sat here by myself.

I straightened my bangs a little more before shutting it off. The makeup before me on the dresser was picked out by Jess. My original eye liner and mascara was there when I decide to wear makeup on certain days, but there was also some gold eyeshadow there for me. I picked up the eyeliner first and opened it. I looked down at it, and then back at myself in the mirror.

I put the eyeliner on lightly, and then grabbed the gold eyeshadow. I dropped the eyeshadow by accident on the light coloured carpets. “Fuck.” I mumbled.

The eyeshadow didn’t spread much on the carpet. I picked it back up and it on the dresser. I put my index finger in it and then looked up at myself in the mirror. I spread the eyeshadow across my closed left eye, while the right one was open. And then I did the same to the other. The last thing that was left for me to do was to put on the mascara. I grabbed it and opened it quickly. I put it on both eyes, and then put it back on the dresser. I sighed, looking around the room. I was nervous to say the least.

The mirror was glued to me, and my eyes were glued to it. I don’t know why I thought so different of myself tonight, because I didn’t look that different. And then I thought I shouldn’t be keeping John waiting downstairs. I got up from the seat and looked down at myself. Then I noticed that I had no shoes on. I noticed the closet doors of my aunt’s closet still open, so I walked towards it. Something that was lucky on my part was that she was my size in everything.

At the bottom of her closet was a bunch of shoes. I grabbed a pair of black flats and set them in front of me. I slipped my feet in them and smiled. I walked towards the door, noticing myself once again in the body mirror. I tilted my head and smiled, but then I felt the feeling that I haven’t had in awhile. It was the feeling I usually got around John, but it was mixed in with the nervous feeling that was haunting me right now.

My stomach was doing a million turns right now, that sort of made me feel sick. When I breathed in, I could feel something weird inside of my chest. My hands beside my side were becoming clammy so I whipped them off on the side of my dress. I sighed, breathing in and out quickly. Then something came over me. I wanted to get this done with. I was excited but the nervousness came over it slightly. I turned the door knob of the room and opened the door to the vacant hallway.

I walked out into the hallway, and shut the door behind me. I couldn’t hear anything. I listened carefully, hearing some music coming from downstairs. Then I could smell something that didn’t smell too good. I walked down the hallway with a confused look on my face. I turned at the stair case and walked down slowly, the sound of music and the smell becoming bigger. I grabbed my nose trying not to smell the smell anymore. I was wondering where it was coming from now.

The bottom step was near me now. I hopped off the step, and walked into the entrance way of the house. I turned a right, noticing the bright light in the kitchen was on. I could hear John groaning from here. It confused me. I wondered what was going on. I slowly walked down the hallway, trying not to make any noise with my feet. The whole middle floor was black except the kitchen.

I could see some black and grey smoke coming from the kitchen, then I could tell what the smell was. It was burning food. I walked quicker to see if John was alright. I walked into the smoky kitchen, but I couldn’t see John in sight. I could see the big pot on the stove with smoke coming out of it. I walked slowly around the island in the middle of the kitchen and noticed John on the ground.

“John?” I asked.

He sat there with his legs pushed out in front of him. The look on his face was like he was disappointed. I could see the multiple foods he tried to make and the mess around the kitchen. He had dress pants and blue buttoned up shirt on now, but it was ruined by the food and flour on top of it all. I shook my head and giggled which made him look up at me. He didn’t look disappointed anymore, he looked shocked.

“Jordan?” He asked me. “Holy shit. . .”

John’s reaction to how I looked was pretty much like everyone else’s. I couldn’t tell if it was a good ‘holy shit’ or a bad one. I stood there awkwardly for a moment, and then walked over to him to help him up. I grabbed onto his hands and pulled him up. I looked over at the stove and so did he. I noticed that the stove was still on, so I shut it off.

“I’m so sorry.” John’s face expression made me feel bad. It looked like he felt like a failure but I thought it was adorable how he tried to do this. “I tried to do something right. Stephen was helping with the cooking, but then he left me. It all went down hill from there. I’m really sorry. You look beautiful, but now there’s no surprise.”

I grabbed John by the hips and pulled his skinny body closer to me. He grabbed onto my quickly and dug his head into my shoulder. I could tell that John was sad and I didn’t like him like this. “It’s alright John. It’s adorable how you tried to do this. Do you think that I’m comfortable in a dress? No, I’m not.”

“But,” He started. “You look beautiful.”

“And you look great.” I smiled into his ear. “Minus the food on your shirt.”

I pulled away from the hug and looked at my dress. I noticed that some of the flour on my dress. I laughed and kissed his nose. “I ruined your dress!” He exclaimed. “I’m sorry.”

“No need.” I shook my head. “That’s why they invented a dryer and a washer.”

“Well, what are we going to do now?” He asked. “My romantic evening is ruined.”

“No it’s not,” I shook my head, kissing his lips lightly. “We can order Chinese.”

John nodded, still with a pout on his face. “That could work.”

“Don’t pout.” I touched his lips with my finger. “I love you.”

A smile appeared on his face lightly, and he looked to the side. I could see his cheeks becoming red, which meant a blush was coming in. “Did I mention you look great?”

“I’ve been hearing that a lot tonight. . .” I sighed shaking my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
Was that long? I thought it was :).
Some nice John&Jordan romance next chapter.
I have a question . . . should the sequel be in John or Jordan's POV?
COMMMENNT!