Sequel: Can You Find Me?

Seasons.

Mrs. Gomez.

There was something cold creeping up on my back. This was an odd feel for being in Arizona for almost two weeks. Getting used to the heat around you all the time; it’s weird. I’m going to go back to Detroit some point, that I know. My mother is going to pull something and I’m going to have to end back up there. And then it’s back to the cold fall and winter. I actually like the cold though, but being in Arizona isn’t that bad. The heat wasn’t the worst it could be. Africa or something would be a lot worse then this.

My eyes were shut tight, and I didn’t feel like opening them. I did not remember where I was but that didn’t matter. I could feel John’s arms wrapped around me tightly, and that’s all that really mattered. I don’t even know if John was supposed to sleep over last night. I think I heard Stephen said something about them going home.

The whole house was quiet. It’s either really early in the morning, way to early for them to wake up or it’s late in the afternoon and they went out to do some things. I was guessing that it was in the morning. I don’t know why, but if it was afternoon, I wouldn’t be this tired right now. Unless I just really needed sleep. I don’t know why I would need sleep though. I haven’t been doing much.

I felt John’s hands move on my side, signalling that he was awake. I thought it would be a good idea to open my eyes now. I did slowly, but eventually they were open. In the corner of the room was a fan that was turned on all the way. The fan was pointing right at us - that was the feeling of the coldness. I turned to my left, looking at John. A beautiful smirk appeared on his face and I couldn’t resist not to smile.

Above the couch, was a window. The white see threw curtains were piercing with bright lights coming from the sun outside. I knew it was afternoon now. I could just tell. The whole house was still quiet though. I’m guessing they went out with out telling us. So, I turned back around, looking at the clock on the wall. It was already three thirty in the afternoon. I looked at John, he looked confused.

“Where do you think they went?” He asked me.

I looked around the room one more time. “Did you guys have plans today?”

“Shit. . .” John mumbled. “I have band practice.”

“And they didn’t wake you up?” I raised my eyebrow. “That’s odd.”

“They never do.” John shook his head. “No one does. It’s a rule. It’s your fault if you’re late or not. Therefore, you should go get dressed, and I’ll jack some of Josh’s clothes.”

“What time did practice start?” I asked.

“Only an hour ago.” John shrugged. “You can learn or decide a lot in an hour though.”

“I’m guessing I should get up.” I laughed, pulling myself off the couch and standing up on the ground. John got up off the couch too. He looked adorable in the morning.

Walking through the livingroom, I noticed something on the side table. It was a note from my dad. I forgot that he was leaving this morning. I wondered what his thoughts might have been when he saw John and I snuggled up on the couch this morning. I leaned over and picked up the note in my hand - it read: Jordan, Josh & Carson. I’m gone to the airport to go and get your aunt and her friends. I should be back tomorrow night or the day after. Do not trash the house with your annual parties, because I know they happen. PS, Jordan . . . you and John need to get a room. Love, Dad.

John was standing behind me reading the note. There was a smirk on his face, probably referring to the comment my dad made. “I think we need to find a room. How about yours? ‘Cause I’m fine with that.”

I laughed, pushing him with my shoulders. “Go and get dressed.”

John was the first to walk out of the livingroom, with me following behind. I watched as he grabbed on the handle of the door and turned it slowly. He walked into the darkness of the basement stairs, and I followed closely behind. I’ve never been the person that liked to be in dark places by themselves. I’ve always had to have Carson somewhere close with me, because that’s only who I really had around.

The darkness was disappearing as we became closer to the end of the stairs. Someone had left one of the lamps on downstairs. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I was quite surprised at the sight that I saw. The basement was a lot cleaner then it usually was. I’m guessing they cleaned for the party tonight. I didn’t see the point since that this house was going to be trashed anyways.

John turned a right, walking quicker now. He really needed to be there, because it would be hard learning stuff all by himself. I guess that’s the consequences of being in a band though, you miss things, you loose things. I felt bad that I kept him from going though. It wasn’t really my fault, but I felt like I should have woken up earlier and woke him up.

My bare feet touched the cold floor as I walked quit a ways back behind John. He entered Josh’s room and shut the door before I could even get to my room. When I did though, I turned the door knob and opened the door, then shut it behind me. I don’t know what I was going to wear, but it hardly mattered. It was just a band practice.

I walked over to my drawers, pulling the top one open. I grabbed a pair of underwear on, not caring about changing my bra. Under that drawer was the one full of shirts. I pulled open the drawer and grabbed a Third Eye Blind t-shirt that was a tad too big on me. Carson had given it to me awhile ago because I wore it out on him. I smiled, chucking it on the bed as well. Next, I grabbed loose skinny jeans with a rip in one knee.

Undressing was something that I really didn’t like to do. I didn’t like doing it just with me in the room so I really hated it when other people were around. When I did undress, I do it very quickly. I have my clothes abnormally quicker then the normal human would take when they are dressing in the morning.

Walking past my mirror, I stopped to look at myself. I was wearing a lot of dark colour’s today, but I didn’t mind. I looked at my hair, thinking I wouldn’t have time to do it. It wasn’t really curly, but it wasn’t straight. I noticed on the dresser drawer a couple hat’s that I had brought here. A red beanie that I probably shouldn’t wear in the heat of Arizona, but I was going to wear it anyways.

I thought that it would be a good idea anyways. I was wearing all dark colours but, my vans are red and now so is my hat. I smiled at myself, not applying any makeup this morning. I still had lost’s on from last night. I whipped off the stuff that had smeared down my face, and then I was good to go. It was just a tad of make up, but that’s the way it should be. I don’t even like any make up in the first place.

John must be dressed by now. It doesn’t take that long for guys to dress, unless he’s like Stephen and takes a million hours just to do his hair. I could see John as being one of those guys who just grabs whatever and put’s it on. They don’t care about their hair or anything. They just get up and go. That’s exactly how I pictured John to be.

Then I could hear another door open. Second’s later, there was a knock at my door. I smiled and walked across my room. I opened the door and looked at John. He was wearing black skinny jeans and a green tank top. Also, a pair of black rimmed glasses with the lenses popped out. He looked amazingly adorable like always. “Adorable.” I smiled at him before walking out of my room.

“What about sexy?” He asked me. “You always call me ‘cute’ or ‘adorable’. You never call me anything like ‘hot’ or ‘sexy’. Do I look like a little kid or something like that?”

“I don’t know.” I shrugged. “I always think that when I look at you.”

“But why?” He asked one more time.

“Fine.” I sighed. I switched my voice into a seductive tone. “John Gomez, you’re looking like some sexy fine sex kitten today. You make me so hot. Oh, baby!”

John bursted out laughing. “You can just call me cute and adorable. You sound like a complete idiot when you do that babe. Don’t do it again.” He said, kissing my nose.

“Exactly.” I nodded. “So don’t ask.”

John was still laughing. “Don’t worry, I won’t.”

We turned a left at the bottom of the stairs, John letting me walk up them first. My feet were making noises as I walked up the stairs quickly. I stood at the top of the stairs, and John stood on the stair below me. I turned the door knob and opened the door into the bright hallway. I smiled, walking down the small hallway, and to the entrance of the door. Then I thought of something.

“Did they leave you a car to drive?” I turned around, asking John.

“Fuck!” John groaned. He moved around me and opened the door quickly. John walked around on the porch and looked around. I couldn’t see from here, but I’m guessing that they didn’t leave him a car to drive to practice. How mean can they get?

“They didn’t leave anything?” I asked. “Didn’t they?”

“No,” John walked into the house shaking his head. “I don’t know how we’re gonna get to practice now. Fuck them. It’s their fault that I wasn’t there, so they can’t do shit.”

“There’s no one you can call?” I asked.

A smirk appeared on John’s face. “Do you want to meet my mom?”

-

John and I sat on the porch, waiting for his mom to come and pick us up. I don’t know why, but there was a weird feeling in my stomach. I really didn’t like meeting people’s parent’s. I mean, it took me about a year to get used to Carson’s parents. I wasn’t sure if John and Stephen’s mom was going to be outgoing and accepting like Carson’s though. That’s the thing that was tearing me away in my stomach.

There was slight breeze that whisked by me, and then I noticed something pulling into the driveway. It was a little silver car with a girl in the driver’s seat. John got up from the lawn chair and looked down at me and smirked. He let out his hand, and I was considering on taking it or not. I didn’t want his mom to say anything. I didn’t even know if his mom knew about us. I gulped, grabbing his hand anyway’s.

I got up from the chair and walked across the porch with John. My hand was going to become clammy or something and then John would know that I was scared to go in that car. I was hoping that the practice space wasn’t that far from here. I’d just have to think of something else in the car and try to avoid all questions that I could.

John’s mom looked at us walking across the lawn, making our way to the car. She smirked at us and then something hit me. John got his smirk from his mom. It looked exactly the same. They looked exactly the same. His mom was gorgeous. I’m guessing that Stephen get’s more of the Mexican gene’s from his dad. Either way, I’m guessing both of their parent’s are very attractive.

John opened the back right door and let me inside. It was quit awkward because when John shut the door, it was only his mom and I in the car. John walked around the car quickly, but then his mom said. “Hello Jordan.” My mouth opened a tad. She knew my name? Why did she know my name?

“Hello,” I said awkwardly.

“You’re a shy one aren’t you?” Mrs. Gomez laughed.

Then John quicky opened the door and sat down in the seat. He pulled the belt over him and looked over at his mom and smiled. He kissed her cheek and said, “Thank’s for picking us up mom. The guys were being asshole’s.”

“What about Jess?” She asked. “You alway’s say ‘the guys’. Jess is there too.”

“I highly doubt she’d do that.” I shook my head. “She only does shit like that to Brian.”

“That’s true.” Mrs. Gomez nodded and turned around to see where she was going. She backed out of the driveway and began driving.

“So, where’s Jordan from again?” She asked John.

“Detroit.” John nodded, looking out the window.

“Holy crap!” Mrs. Gomez exclaimed. “Isn’t it cold there and shit sometimes?”

“Yes, it is.” John nodded. “Stop asking stuff.”

“C’mon.” His mom sighed. “I’m not that embarrassing. I could be more embarrassing, but I’m not going to be. So just shut up.”

Then, something came over me. I really wished that I had a relationship with my mom like that. There was no way that my mom and I would ever be like that though. And my dad, I don’t know. I’ve been here and he hasn’t really asked me to do much. I think he’s just happy that I’m getting some friends that I really love and get along with. My mom rambled to him about how I’m always alone, and that I needed to bring Carson because I only had him.

I didn’t want to go back. I knew something would go wrong because something always go wrong. It always does, but I’m enjoying the fact that nothing is right now. In a couple of days, they’ll be leaving for tour though and I’m not sure if I’m going to be able to go with them. I sighed, and just looked out the window. I didn’t want to think about anything right now, so the outdoors could get my mind off of things.

The practice space wasn’t far from my house at all because five minutes later from leaving the house I noticed that we were finally there. John’s mom pulled up on the curb and I watched the cars pass for a moment. John undid his seatbelt, and so did I.

“Alright, well you guys have fun!” John’s mom smiled.

John and I got out of the car and shut our doors at the same time. I stood there on the side walk and looked at John and back at Mrs. Gomez. And that was my experience of meeting Mrs. Gomez, and it wasn’t even that bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
THIS! Pre-comment?
I'm probably going to do this when I start the sequel for this.
ANYWAYS! Comment!