‹ Prequel: Forget Me, Not

You Promised

Give me a good reason

It’s been a week since Dan’s birthday party and everything’s gonna back to normal.

“Wasn’t your little boyfriend coming, Frank?” Asked Rob in a mocking tone. Okay, almost everything, and no, I’m not dating someone, but Vincent thought it would be a nice idea to tell the band about my thing with Quinn. They haven’t left me alone since then.
“Yes, he is coming, he’s just a little late.” I explained. I just leave them be and ignore they even say he’s my boyfriend, at least that’s what I tell them. In my head I’m pretending they are saying the truth. I haven’t told Vincent about mylittle big crush on Quinn. I’m not really sure why, maybe because I don’t want to have him mocking me all day, and yes he can, he lives with me after all.

Today we were doing a gig. The first one I remember of, so it’s pretty important, and a hug from Quinn, would really make it better, but the motherfucker is running late.

“I’m here! Sorry I’m so late.” I turned around to see Quinn.
“Quinn! I thought you weren’t coming on time!” I said throwing myself in his arms. He giggled and hugged me.
“I had to be here. I’m just lucky there weren’t any cops near. Or people or cars. Yeah, it was fine.” I giggle and pulled back.
“I’m happy you came.”
“Aww. He was missing his boyfriend.” Steve cooed. I gave him a glare.
“Will you ever leave us alone?” Quinn asked.
“Nope, but we can make an exception now and leave you alone so you can make out. We really don’t wanna see.” Vincent said. The other agreed and left. Fuck them, and fuck life because they’re not right.

“Yeah, whatever. Fuck them.” I said. Quinn was staring at the ceiling. Nice, now he zones out on me.
“Frank?”
“Yeah?”
“I… Hum… Are you nervous?”
“Yeah, but you know. You kind of make it better.”
“Really?”
“Yeah, you have this thing about you…” A.k.a I like you. “Like some calming medicine.” A.k.a. You’re pretty and leave me completely stunned.
“Thanks. It’s nice to know.” He smiled.

“Frank! It’s time to go on stage!” I heard Vincent shout form outside. My heart started beating faster. I got up but didn’t move.

“I wish you luck.” Quinn said.
“Quinn, I think I need a hug.” I said. I was terrified. He got up and hugged me. He wanted to let go but I wouldn’t let him. I needed him. He kissed my cheek.
“It’s gonna be okay.” I still didn’t move. “Come on, you need to go.” I was still scared, but having him this close to me, the biggest reason that I’m not letting go is that I’m enjoying the closeness. I could kiss him if I wanted. It was so tempting but I resisted. I couldn’t do it now.
He used my moment of weakness during my battle with myself to let go of me.
“You need to go.” I nodded and turned to leave. “Frank?” I turned around, he was closer. I would swear I felt him peck my lips, but it couldn’t, could it? It must have been my imagination playing tricks on me. How I wish it was real, but now, I need to worry about the gig. I’m so nervous I feel like I’m gonna burst into tinny little sparkles.

***
When the gig was over Quinn had already left. That’s weird. Only if he did kiss me- I’m an asshole! He kissed me and I just left!
“I’ll get going.” I said.
“God, aren’t you tired?” Vincent asked.
“Yeah, but I need to do something.”
“Why don’t you wait until tomorrow, you’ll be less tired and less stinky.” He was right. I must stink right now. I really don’t want to scare him way, and I’ll have time to think about what I’m gonna say if I wait. Surely he won’t be too mad. I bet he needs to do a lot of thinking himself.
“I’ll wait until tomorrow I guess.”
***

The next day when I woke up the first thing I remembered was Quinn. I ran to the shower. There was no time to waste. I need to talk to him, I can’t take it anymore. I’m surprised I even slept without talking to him.
I’m so worried and I’m not even sure why. Surely everything’s gonna work out but I still feel scared. I keep telling myself it’ll be okay but there’s a place in my mind that doesn’t seem to believe.

After getting dressed and styling my hair the best I could, and did for a long time. I was going super worried about my looks today. I deep down knew it didn’t matter but I still wanted to look good.

I took Vincent’s car, without him noticing; otherwise he wouldn’t have left me, and drove to Quinn’s place.
When I rang the bell I was really surprised when Bert opened the door.

“Frank?”
“Hum, hey. Can I talk to Quinn?” I asked awkwardly. I’m sure he already knew everything and must think I’m an asshole.
“I don’t know…”
“Please. I need to talk to him. I promise I won’t hurt him. Please. It’s important.” I pleaded. He thought for a moment and stepped aside to let me in. “Thanks.”
“Don’t thank me. Be careful. If you hurt him I’ll make sure to break something very important to you, like your neck, so you better not hurt him for real.” I nodded too afraid to do anything else. Bert was a pretty intimidating guy when he was mad or treating to break your neck. I walked to his room and knocked on the door.
“What Bert?”
“Hum, it’s… it’s Frank.” I answered. I was so afraid of what was gonna happen, and I wasn’t really sure why. I was only going to tell him I’m sorry and that I like him. It’s gonna be okay. I kept telling myself that, but the same place in my head kept making me shake and fear it wasn’t, and it wasn’t giving me a good reason for that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hum, does it count as a cliffhanger?

I was thinking... I've got three comments... So I'm gonna be bitch and ask for four before I post the next chapter.
Is not much is it?

Thanks to:

Frank Iero.
Draco
ASnowWhiteMurder