Sequel: Going Alone
Status: HOLY SHIT!! THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS!! Go check out Going Alone!

All I Need Is a Sign From You

o19.

“Visiting hours are almost over.” A nurse popped her head into my Father’s room.

We nodded and she left. I turned back to my Dad and squeezed his hand.

“I’ll be fine!” My Father exclaimed.

“You better be!” I said, wiping a tear from my eye, “I’ll be back first thing tomorrow morning.”

I reluctantly got up and followed Alex out of his room. I was waiting for the elevator when my Mother came up to me.

“I’m sorry for the way I acted, Mae, I really am.” She sighed, “I just got over-whelmed.”

“I guess it’s alright.” I looked towards the elevator.

“I had a friend who had a baby real young, like you, and it just sucked the life out of her. She couldn’t do anything. It was always for her son.”

“It’s cool, Mom.” I groaned, walking into the elevator, Alex was close behind.

“I shouldn’t have snapped at you, Mae.”

“Mom, just stop worrying, okay?” I snapped, walking out of the elevator when it reached the 1st floor.

When we were out of hearing distance, Alex turned to me, “You shouldn’t have snapped at her like that.”

“I’m sorry, okay? But I’m just really stressed out and stuff.” I crossed my arms.

“Mae, it’s alright. Your Dad’s doing fine and were going to have a baby!” He smiled at me.

“Well yeah, but my Mom is right, everything will be about the baby. We won’t have lives!”

“Yes we will.” Alex defended, hailing a cab.

“How? Our kid will need us.” I sighed, getting inside the car, “Best Western, please.”

The cabbie nodded, “Mae, we’ll figure this out, alright?” Alex asked, slamming the door.

“We’ll see.”

------------------------

“Hey Dad!” I smiled, walking into his hospital room carrying a pot of flowers.

“Mae! My favorite child!”

“Dad, I’m your only child.”

“So? That’s why you’re my favorite.”

“I see you have your sense of humor back.”

“I’ve never lost it, baby!” My Dad raised his hands and danced around a bit in his bed.

I rolled my eyes and turned to Alex, “This is why I moved out of the state.”

“Well, I’m glad, because I could have never met you.” Alex smiled and kissed me.

“Aww.” My Dad cooed, clasping his hands together.

“Dad!” I cried, crossing my hands, “You always embrace me!”

“It’s in my job description!” My Dad smiled, grabbing the plant out of my hands.

“So when are you discharged?” Alex asked, taking a chair by his bed.

“Later today.” “ He nodded, smelling the flowers that I got him.

“That good!” I smiled, “Where’s Mom?”

“Out buying baby stuff for you guys.” My Dad rolled his eyes.

“That’s nice of her.” Alex smiled, pulling me down onto his lap.

“She doesn’t have to do that, you know that, right?” I asked, worried.

“She felt really bad.” He shrugged, changing the channel on his TV.

“What day is it?” I asked, turning towards Alex.

“I think it’s September 14th.” He nodded, checking his phone.

My eyes widened and my palms instantly sweated. Alex turned me to face him.

“Are you alright?” He asked, worried.

“Um… Yeah.” I slowly nodded, “I just think I left my flat iron on.”

“Oh, well let’s go back to the hotel.” Alex said, standing me up, “We’ll call you, Mr. Simms.”

I waved at my Dad and he waved back, and I rushed out of his room and to the elevator. Once the doors opened I rushed into the elevator car. I pinned myself to the corner and gripped the handles tightly. Alex waltzed in and pressed the “1” button, whistling a tune.

“Your Father’s nice.” He smiled.

I just merely nodded, almost hyperventilating. Alex looked over at me, scared.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, walking closer to me.

It felt like someone was out to get me and I had nowhere to hide. My impending doom was upon me, and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I turned to Alex and tried to smile, but it must have come out wrong.

“Mae, tell me.”

The elevator opened and I rushed out, into the crowd. Alex rushed out to get me and grabbed my wrist, stopping me. His face was etched with worry and he hugged me tightly.

“Mae, you have to tell me.” He said quietly into my ear.

“You wouldn’t believe me.” I said back, hugging him back.

“Try me.” He laughed, letting me go.

“I really do love you.” I said, “And you need to say it back, right now.”
♠ ♠ ♠
LE GASP!
I bet you all know it's almost the end, and, you're right!

5 more comments :]