Sequel: Going Alone
Status: HOLY SHIT!! THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS!! Go check out Going Alone!

All I Need Is a Sign From You

o22.

An episode of Chopped later, I looked to the clock. 11pm. I wish I knew when I was being zapped out of this fantasy and back into my mundane life. To me, this is like knowing in an hour you’ll die. It’s scary, but liberating at the same time, because you can do what ever you want. I turned to look at Alex, who was snoring softly. I shoved him, accidentally rolling him off of the bed.

He landed with and thud, “Ow.”

“Sorry!” I said, rushing over to the side of the bed.

“Why did you push me?” He yawned sleepily.

I shrugged and smiled coyly, “Want to play a game?”

“What game?” He asked, sitting up.

“Chase.” My eyes sparkled.

“5... 4... 3...” He stared counting down and I jumped up off of the bed and ran out of the room.

“That’s not fair!” He yelled getting up and chasing after me.

I bounded down the stairs onto the first floor, while he jumped the last few and was right on my heels. I let out a squeal and picked up my breakneck pace, zigzagging every so often so he wouldn’t catch me. My chest hurt and felt like it was ripping open, but I tried my best to ignore the feeling as I rounded the corner to the office.

“Mae! You’re too fast!” He called, sounding somewhat distant.

I turned around as I ran, “You’re just too slow!”

He picked up his pace and reached his hand out, almost touching me. I jumped and turned around, running back up the stairs and into our room, with him close behind. I threw my phone onto the bed and chased him around the couch, rushing past him and onto the walk way. I looked behind me and looked down into the pool, quickly deciding if I should jump. I heard Alex close behind me and I climbed up onto the rail, giving a quick look back.

“Mae! Don’t!”

I jumped and curled my legs underneath, plugging my nose. I felt suspended in the air and closed my eyes, ready for the impact. I heard it before I felt it. The water was somewhat warm and refreshing. My jeans felt like weights tied around my legs as I pushed off of the bottom of the pool. I laid on my back, feeling relaxed.

“Mae! What the fuck were you thinking!” Alex yelled, running down the steps and to the side of the pool.

I smiled and moved my hands around in the water, eyes still closed.

“Mae! Are you crazy?!” He asked, sloshing into the pool and shaking me.

“What?” I asked, standing up.

“Why the fuck would you jump off of the rail into a pool that’s only 6 feet deep?!”

I smiled and shrugged, splashing playfully.

“Mae!” He yelled, grabbing my shoulders, “You’re pregnant!”

“I didn’t hurt myself, did I?” I asked, breaking free from him.

“I don’t know!” He yelled, backing away from me, “Did you? What’s gotten into your mind? You could have killed yourself and our baby! You’re fucking crazy!”

“Alex, calm down, I’m fine!” I smiled, hugging him.

“Mae, no you’re not!” I stopped hugging him and backed away.

“I’m alright. It was fun!”

“No it wasn’t!” His breathing ragged, “I almost had a heart attack after you jumped.”

“Aww, was Alex worried.” I asked in a baby voice.

“Yes, I was very worried.” He smiled, tackling me into a hug.

-------------------

“Alex! Put me down!” I yelled, flailing my arms around.

“Say the magic words.” He smiled smugly.

“Alex is the sexiest beast in the world.” I said quietly and annoyed.

“Louder.” He sang, raising me higher.

“Alex is the sexiest beast!” I screamed, and he set me down.

I rushed out of the pool and upstairs to check my phone. 11:43pm

I grabbed a robe and some panties and walked into the bathroom, peeling all of my clothes off and replaced then with the panties and soft white robe. I looked into the mirror and wiped the make-up residue off of my face and managed a smile. I looked down to the wet clothes in my hand and my vision got blurry. I heard a knock on the bathroom door and squeezed my eyes, letting a few tears leak out. I wiped my eyes frustratingly and opened the door.

“There she is!” Alex smiled, kissing my cheek.

“Here I am.” I said, mustering up all the enthusiasm I had.

“What’s wrong?” He asked, leading me over to the bed.

“Well I just want to hear you say I love you.”

“But you know I do.” He sighed, sitting down.

“I know you do, but how come you wont say it?”

“Because I don’t want it to be something we just throw around.”

“But it’s not, Alex.”

“I just- It’s weird for me to say it.” He shrugged.

“But I need you to.” I said, taking his hands.

“Why?” He asked.

“It’s not important.” I shook my head lightly.

“Yes it is, if you keep pestering me.”

“Alex, just… please.”

He looked at me for the longest time, breathing in and out slowly. His eyes fluttered open and closed a few times while I played with his hands, waiting for him to confess his love for me.

“I love you.” I said quietly, urging him on.

“I know how to say it, Mae.” He sighed, running a finger through his hair.

I glanced over at the clock. 11:58pm. I whipped my head around to him quickly, closing my eyes.

“Alex, please!” I begged, squeezing his hand tight.

He took his time, taking one deep breath and let it go slowly. My leg bounced up and down ferociously. I wondered what was taking him so long, and why it was so hard for him to utter 3 simple words. I moved his middle and ring finger down on his right hand and looked at it. It was the sign for I-love-you in sign language. I smiled softly to myself and looked up.

“I love yo-.”

My world went fuzzy and there was a big ripping sound. My eyes widened and I looked to the clock. 12:00am. Tears filled my eyes and I closed them, feeling my body fall backwards.
♠ ♠ ♠
No comment quota this time.

Did I trip you guys up when Mae said "I love you?" Sorry if I did :]

Sorry about the ending for people who were thinking it'd end differently?
One more chapter on this, and then it's done :]

BUT! I might have a sqeual. Message me and tell me about it.