Sequel: Going Alone
Status: HOLY SHIT!! THANKS FOR THE 10 STARS!! Go check out Going Alone!

All I Need Is a Sign From You

o23.

“Mae.” A somewhat familiar voice spoke softly, touching my arm.

I opened my eyes and closed them suddenly. I was back into the blinding white room. I slowly opened my eyes, squinting at first, then opening them up fully. I looked up into the woman’s face and tears came to my eyes. I opened my mouth to speak but she cut me off.

“You’re time is up.”

“That’s not fair! He was in the middle of saying it!” I cried, burring my face into my hands.

“He didn’t finish the sentence.” She shook her head, sitting on her desk.

“But he sighed I love you!” I said, lifting my head hopefully.

“He didn’t know what that meant. It doesn’t count, Mae.”

I leaned back onto the white couch and buried my face into the plush white pillow and cried. I cried for how stupid I was, for how useless I was. I cried because I had the one thing I wanted and I lost it. I cried because I didn’t know what else to do. I cried just for the sake of it.

“Mae. Stop crying.” She snapped, and suddenly color appeared in the room.

I looked to the color and realized that they were my belongings. I noticed bags of baby clothes and my tour suitcase. I looked up to her, letting my tears fall freely. She shook her head at me, and stood up.

“Stop crying. You knew.” She said sternly, causing me to cry some more.

She shook her head, “You’re going back to your life now.”

She snapped her fingers and felt myself falling backwards once again.

------------------------

I woke up crying. I felt bile rising up into my throat and reached for my bedside waste basket and threw up into it. I wiped my mouth and leaned back onto my wall, still crying. I curled up into a ball and rested my head on top of my knees and wiped at my eyes. I looked to the door of my room and saw my suitcase and bags of baby clothes. I closed my eyes tightly and my body was racked with sobs.

I cried myself to sleep.

-------------

“Mae.” My mother said gently, shaking me awake.

I looked up to her, squinting from the bright sunlight.

“I made breakfast.”

I nodded and wiped the crust away from my eyes. I stood up slowly and then bent back down violently, leaning into my waste basket and threw up again. My Mother turned back around and came to my side, rubbing my back.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

“I think I’m sick.” I groaned, laying back down onto my bed.

“Just stay there then, I’ll bring your food to you.”

I nodded and stared at my wall, thinking about Alex. I had a gut feeling that I was pregnant and closed my eyes, sighing. I opened them again and saw Alex’s smiling face. I shut them again and buried my face into my pillow. How was I going to explain this? I curled up into a ball and cried softly, wishing I could go back.

----------------------

“Mae, are you still sick?” My Mom asked and slowly walked back down the stairs.

I shrugged, grabbing a bagel and chomping into it. It’s been a few days since I was sucked back into my old life, and it’s sucked. I realized that it’s September 17th, and that I didn’t miss much while I was “gone.”

“I’m just glad you graduated early.” My Mother smiled at me, hugging me from the side, “Because you’d be missing school right now.”

I groaned and slipped away from her, “I’m still thinking about moving up north.”

“I just wish you wouldn’t go when you’re sick.” She sighed.

“But Mom, I have to.” I shrugged, walking back upstairs to look for apartments.

------------------------

“Bye honey!” She smiled, wiping a tear away form her eye.

“Mom, I’ll be fine.” I sighed, getting out and kissing her.

“Wendy, she’ll be fine.” My Dad sighed, pulling my Mother away from the car that I just got in.

“Call me when you take a break.” She yelled through my closed door.

I nodded and started my car, slowly driving out of my driveway, and making my way out of Florida. This was the start of my new life, and I was excited for it, even though I was tied to my past in more ways than one.
♠ ♠ ♠
Final one.

Sequal coming out next week.