Cats and Dogs

Chapter 5

“What? The Marauders?” I asked curiously as I looked at James, my head tilted slightly.

“Yup! That’s what we call ourselves!” James said happily.

I raised an eyebrow and smiled, “Aw, how cute!” James frowned. “You guys have a wittle club!” I reached over and pinched James’ cheeks teasingly and then turned to pinch Sirius’ but he slapped my hand away and I laughed.

“And anyways,” Sirius began, looking very proud, “She is not going to be part of our ‘club’.” he crossed his arms over his chest, closed his eyes, and held his nose in the air smugly - a look I was getting used to seeing on him.

“Oh, come off it, Sirius,” Remus said stepping in, “she practically knows everything, and we know everything about her, so lets just make it official.”

“Bullocks! You just want her in our group so you can spend more time with her! I see the way you look at her! If you want to spend more time with her, just ask her out!” Sirius yelled angrily at Remus and then glared at the fire.

My mouth was ajar and I inhaled a sharp breath, “Okay, well, I don’t want to ruin this ’club’ thing, so just forget about it.” I stood up.

“Wait,” Sirius mumbled and looked up at me, “you can be in our wittle 'club’” he smiled lightly and I grinned and reached down to hug him when I froze - realizing that I was about to hug him.

“Uh,” I put my arms down and then just patted him on the shoulder and he just nodded his head in approval, “thanks.” I sat back down.

“Alright then,” James said as he held his hands together, “she need’s a nickname!”

I smiled and Sirius was staring at me, “Can you turn into a cat, so we can see your features.” it was a demand, not a request.

I glared at him, “Maybe if you ask politely.

He glared back, “Don’t push it.”

I sighed and then nodded and transformed into my cat form. “Hm…” James hummed for a moment before breaking out into a fit of laughter.

“What?” Sirius asked, “what is it?”

“I-I,” he laughed, “I know why y-you guys,” he laughed more, “are always fighting!” he finally exclaimed.

I tilted my head and Sirius raised an eyebrow, “Why?”

“Lookey, you’re a dog, she’s a cat! You’re natural enemies!” James nearly squealed and Sirius seemed to be in a moment of thought.

“Huh… That makes sense,” Sirius mumbled and I nodded in agreement. “What about Slits?” he added quickly looking around for everyone’s approval for my new nickname.

“Nah, people might hear wrong and think you’re call her Sluts.” James stated.

Sirius looked serious, “I know.”

I quickly hissed at him and reached out and showed off my sharp nails and gestured to scratch him and he quickly held up his hands in defense, “Okay, okay… Slits is out…”

They continued to think, a few times Sirius would open is mouth but would then shut it and stifle a laugh and shake his head. His eyes widened and he smiled, “I got it! What about W-”

“Whiskers.” Remus stated cutting off Sirius.

I transformed back into myself and was grinning, “Brilliant, Remus!” I quickly gave him a ‘Thank You’ hug and then turned to the others, not noticing his blush and Sirius’ glare, “What do you think, guys?”

“That was my idea-”

“It’s great!” James said, cutting off Sirius. “It’s perfect, Mooney!”

“Messrs. Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs,” James began with a smile.

And Miss. Whiskers.” I was grinning widely, Prongs was smiling in satisfaction, Wormtail had a faint smile, Padfoot was smirking, and Mooney was smiling contently.

“Hey, but I though you hated us.” Sirius said.

I turned to him and pouted, “What?” I looked at them all, “Is that what you think? That I hate you all?” I shook my head and turned to Sirius, “No, I only hate you, Sirius.” I smiled and got up and patted him on the head. “Goodnight, mates.”

I climbed the stairs and barely caught James saying, “Aw, mate, she’ll come around.” but I just shook my head and continued up to the girls dorm.

I yawned in our last class, Ancient Ruins and placed my head down on the desk as Professor Babbling continued on with his… babbling.

“What’s with you?” Lily whispered to me. “You’ve been yawning all day. What time did you go to sleep?”

I shrugged and yawned once more. “Late” I stated.

“Why?”

“I stayed up all night with the boys,” I mumbled and closed my eyes.

What? Oh, no…” I opened my eyes and looked up at Lily and she looked worried, “don’t tell me they made you part of their group…”

I raised my head with a small smile and a frown in my eyebrows, “Yeah,”

“Oh, great. Another Marauder.” she stated with a huff.

“You know what our group is called?”

She laughed, “Of course! The whole school does! The legendary Marauders! Trouble-makers by day and Trouble-makers by night!

I smiled, “Cool! We have a reputation.” I was bobbing my head and grinning.

“So, you’re actually going to go along with them? Do the pranks?” She asked.

I nodded, “Sure, they let me in, I have to help in someway. And plus,” I began with a smirk, “I’m a bit of a prankster myself.” I placed my arms behind my head and leaned back in my chair. I let out a yelp when I leaned back too far and fell.

Lily gasped and then quickly placed her hand over her mouth and was giggling. I heard the Marauders laughing from the other side of the room and slowly laughter began to bubble out of me until I giggling madly.

“Well, are you going to take my lesson down there, or are you planning to get up anytime soon?” Babbling said from the front of the room.

I began to stifle my laugh and slowly got up and fixed my hair and clothes quickly and then sat down, “Sorry, sir.” I mumbled.

He nodded and continued on with his lesson.

After class Lily and I started towards the Great Hall for lunch when I felt hands grip my shoulder, “Sorry, Lily,” Sirius began with one of his charming smiles. “But, we’re going to have to steal Whiskers here for lunch,” he leaned in and whispered, “Marauder business.”

Lily sighed and rolled her eyes, “Fine.”

He quickly pulled me away and we caught up with Peter and Remus as James stayed behind and was talking to her. She raised her eyebrow and then slowly nodded and turned down the hall and James came jogging towards us.

“Did she buy it?” Sirius asked.

James nodded, “Yeah, she wont be coming around that way anytime soon.”

My eyebrows were pulled together in confusion and I was pouting slightly, “What’s going on? Oh, god, are you doing hazing?”

Sirius and James laughed, “Nah, just a sort of initiation, for you, I guess you could say…” Sirius said with a smirk as they all strutted down the halls and I followed them with caution and a raised eyebrow.

Why in bloody hell, are you guys walking like that?” I asked with a small laugh.

“This is how the Marauders walk, get with it.” Sirius stated and I just laughed.

“No thank you, I prefer not to look like a bloody idiot.” I stated as I continued to walk normally.

We walked outside and began to make way towards a small looking hill with a tree on top of it. From here there seemed to be a boy sitting under it. They slowed down once we made it to the top of the hill and the boy looked up and I instantly recognized him as Severus, the Slytherin who bumped into Lily.

“’Ello, Snivilly.” James spat at him with a glare and a smirk.

Severus closed his book and glared up at all of us, but more specifically at James. Slowly a weird bad feeling began to creep into my stomach and I bit my bottom lip in uncertainty. I looked back at Remus and he just sighed and had a slightly blank look on his face.

Severus stood up and grabbed his book and book bag and turned to leave when James quickly jumped in front of him to prevent him from leaving. “Why in such a hurry, Snivilly? Gonna’ try and find my Lily?” he pushed Severus and I took a small step forward as Severus stumbled back and finally tripped and fell.

“Go on,” Sirius stated as he pushed me forward towards them.

“Ah, Amilia!” James beckoned as I walked to him slowly, my eyes locked on Severus. “Snivilly!” James said, calling Severus’ attention back to him. “I’d like you to meet our newest addition to the great Marauders! Messrs. Mooney, Wormtail, Padfoot, and I, Prongs, would like you to meet Whiskers.

Severus’ black eyes landed on mine and though he was glaring at me I could tell he was scared. “James,” I began.

“Alright, now for your task.” James pulled out his wand and pointed it at Severus, “Levicorpus!” Severus quickly flew into the air and was hovering a few feet above the ground by his ankles.

Severus was yelling and flailing his arms and I saw his wand fall out of his pocket. A group of people began to gather and started laughing at Severus’ expense and James turned to me with a smirk, “Now, Whiskers,” James began. “Pull down his trousers.”

My eyes widened and the people began to laugh louder.

“Nice one James!” Sirius yelled with a laugh.

“Severus!” I heard a familiar voice yell. I turned and saw Lily running towards us.

“Hurry!” Sirius yelled to me.

“James! Stop it!” Lily cried to James, but he kept his wand held high and Severus in the air. “Stop!” she continued to beg with him.

“Come on, Whiskers! Hurry and do it already, we have other things that needs our attention!” James called.

Lily twirled and looked at me, her eyes watery, “You’re having a part in this?” she whispered.

I opened my mouth to speak but she shook her head, “I can’t believe you.” she turned back to James and continued to beg with him.

“Fine,” Sirius said, walking confidently towards Severus, “if you wont do it, I will.” he raised his hands to pull down his pants.

I quickly pulled out my wand and pointed it at my target, “Stupefy!” I yelled as Sirius was knocked off his feet and flew back a few yards away and landed on his back. I quickly turned my wand to James and he was looking at me with eyes so wide and terrified they looked like they were going to pop. “Let him down… Gently.” I stated sternly with a serious face.

James quickly nodded and lowered his wand slowly and Severus was lowered to the ground. He quickly climbed to his feet and picked up his things and ran off with his things and Lily ran after him.

James held his hands up and slowly walked to Sirius. “Ah,” Sirius moaned on the ground.

Remus and Peter quickly ran over to them and they all kneeled down next to Sirius, “Are you alright, mate?” James asked and I slowly walked over to them.

Sirius glared up at me with the coldest glare I had ever seen on him, “You git!” he spat. “What the hell did you do that for?!”

“Because, someone had to!” I looked at them all, “If I would have known that I was joining a group of bullies, I wouldn’t have joined in the first place!” I shook my head, and looked at Remus, “I can’t believe you’ve been letting them do this..” I whispered and he quickly turned his gaze to the ground, and I looked at James, “Maybe Lily was right about you,” he looked crestfallen, and I then lowered my gaze to Sirius, his glare still intense, “I can’t believe I’m going to say this…” I paused for a moment, “I’m actually disappointed in you, Sirius…” his glare faded and he actually looked slightly sad before he covered it with a blank face. “I appreciate your friendship, I really do, but if bullying others is the price I have to pay to have a friendship with you guys, then count me out.” I shook my head slightly, “I’ll see you around…” I turned around and when I did I saw McGonagall standing a few yards away with her hands on her hips.

“Come with me Amilia,” she stated and I made my way towards her. “The Headmaster would like to have a word with you.”

I paled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay!! Here you are!!