Cats and Dogs

Chapter 7

I woke up the next day to Lily mumbling and quickly getting ready for class. “Oh! Amilia! Hurry! Get up! We’re late for class!” She threw my clothes at me and I slowly got up and out of my bed.

“Jeez, what the hell happened last night?” I asked as I rubbed my head and began to undress out of my pajamas.

Lily froze and then snapped her head to look at me with wide eyes, her face was red and she looked nervous. “I-I… I have no idea what you are talking about!” She said quickly and then continued to gather her things.

I raised an eyebrow and continued to put on my robe and once I was ready I walked over to her with my arms crossed, “Are you okay?”

She had her bag packed and then threw it over her shoulder, “Yes! I am perfectly fine, thank you.” She quickly combed her hair with her fingers and then put on a smile, “Alright! Time for class!” she then raced down the stairs with my following her slowly.

Once we got down stairs Lily stopped at the end of the stairs and I saw James sitting on the couch, fidgeting with his tie. “James!” I exclaimed and then ran over to him.

His eyes widened and then he smiled and stood up and I quickly hugged him, “So, are you alright?” I patted his shoulder.

“Y-yeah, I’m fine, mate. I just wanted to say thanks and all.” He smiled weakly and I raised an eyebrow.

“For what?”

“For healing most of my wounds, of course! Madam Pomfrey said I would have lost a lot of blood if it wasn’t for you!” he said like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

“Oh, right. Well, er, you’re welcome, Prongs.” I chuckled lightly and then turned to Lily who was still standing in the same spot and position. “What the bloody hell is wrong with you?”

“Huh?!” She exclaimed loudly, shaking her head.

“Oi! Mate!” Sirius said as he raced down the stairs and then stopped when he saw me. “Well, ‘ello, ‘ello!” He winked at me and what happened the previous night came flooding into my head.

I gasped, “Oh my whiskers!”

“I know!” Lily exclaimed, “I didn’t mean to kiss him! It just happened!”

I twirled around and looked at her with confusion and shock written all over my face, “What? You kissed Sirius too?!”

“Yes! Wait- what? No! No way! I kissed James! Wait-! What do you mean too?! You kissed Sirius?!” Lily’s eyes were wide as she stared at me.

“Well… Yes! But to be honest, I don’t know why!-“

“Hey! What’s that supposed to mean?!” Sirius exclaimed taking a few steps towards me.

My eyes widened when it dawned on me and I turned to Lily, “You kissed James?!”

Her face reddened, “I-I-“

“What’s with all the ruckus?” Remus asked as he and Peter walked down the stairs.

The room fell silent with shock, confusion, but above all: Awkwardness.

“Uh, well,” I finally said, “I’m just going to go to class, I’ll see you guys hopefully never again, buh bye now.” And with that I quickly walked out of the Common Room and made my way to Divinations.

Walking down the hall I looked back to see Lily and James talking to each other, with the rest of the Marauders behind them. I continued to class and then quickly stopped in my tracks when I almost bumped into someone. I looked up and my eyes met cold, dark, almost black, gray ones.

“Watch where you’re going!” Avery Jackson yelled as he pushed me away from the familiar Regulus Black.

Though they had common physical features, they almost looked nothing alike. Regulus’ hair was longer than Sirius’, it reached his shoulders, his eyes were dark gray – almost black -, his face (much unlike his brothers) wasn’t arrogant, but calm and almost cold, he had a soft jaw line, was taller than Sirius, and though you could tell he was lean, he was skinnier than Sirius. The only thing that did hold similarities to Sirius was his pink, smooth, perfect lips.

When Regulus’ eye narrowed at me I quickly snapped out of my momentarily trance and then quickly turned to Avery and glared at him. “Don’t you ever touch me, you swine.” I hissed. I then shoved Avery so hard that he stumbled back and would have fell if it wasn’t for is friends catching him and helping him to stand. “You shouldn’t be skulking around corners anyway; someone is bound to run into you!” I shoved passed Regulus, our shoulders roughly colliding, and I continued to class not noticing Regulus’ eyes watching me intently.

“Today, my sweets,” Professor Quickwork began and then winked at Sirius and James direction, who were leaning forward watching her every move with glassy eyes and watering mouths. James and Sirius then began to argue quietly about who she specifically winked at. “We are going to read each others palms!” she said excitedly. She smiled brilliantly, showing off her perfect smile and perfect teeth, her blue eyes sparkled and she then flipped her long blonde hair and every single guy sighed in pleasure. “I’ll be paring you all with your partners!”

She walked over to our table, her hips swaying ever – so seductively, and Lily and I quickly shared worried glances and then looked over at the two fawning idiots who sat at our table who quickly stopped their arguing at turned their attention to the sultry woman who was know leaning over and staring at them intently. I rolled my eyes at their attempts to look down her blouse and Lily was glaring furiously at James and then huffed and slammed her book onto the table.

“Well, will you just tell us who our partners are, or are you just going to lean over all day and wait for one of them to reach into your blouse and pull out a-a rabbit?!” Lily exclaimed with fury.

Professor Quickwork quickly stood up and took a step back (to Sirius’ and James’ disdain) and crossed her arms over her chest, “Miss. Evans! Never would I think to hear such a thing! Especially coming from such a lovely young girl like yourself!”

Lily sighed as I stifled a laugh, “I’m sorry, Professor.” She mumbled.

“Well, if you truly mean it… Alright, Frank Longbottom with Revilo Tsiwt, Lily Evans with James Potter, Remus Lupin with Peter Pettigrew, Sirius Black with Amilia Moody,” I gulped and turned to look at Sirius who was smiling as Quickwork continued down her list. “Now please, if you will, sit next to your partner and turn your books to page 298 and follow the directions. The first one to read each others palms correctly will win a one-on-one lesson with yours truly!” She grinned what the boys probably thought of as a dazzling smile and hurriedly began to follow the instructions.

I shook my head, “She is so full of herself,” I turned to Sirius who was watching her behind as she walked over to her desk. “Sirius!” I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

“Wha?” He shook his head and blinked a few times like he just came out of some kind of trance. He shrugged and chuckled, “Sorry about that… Isn’t she the best professor? I think she’s-“

“I don’t care what you think of her, I just care about my grade, and if you don’t concentrate, that will hurt my grade… So, concentrate. I know it will be hard for you, and you’ll probably get a migraine afterward but, oh well,” Sirius rolled his eyes and them looked down at his open book and grabbed my right hand in his left. “Whoa!” I quickly jerked my hand out of his grip, “what do you think you’re doing?” I asked angrily.

Sirius rolled his eyes, “It’s what we’re supposed to do. I know there is an attraction between us, but could you please concentrate?

I pursed my lips and Sirius reached over and grabbed my hand once more and turned it over so my palm was facing upwards. He placed his other hand on top of my hand as he continued to read the directions, and I couldn’t help the warm, tumbling feeling I began to feel in my stomach caused by the warm, rough, feeling of his hands grasping my own hand.

I watched his lips move as he mumbled the directions quietly to himself and them began to remember last night and the feel of his lips against my own. My cheeks began to heat up and breath quickened and when he looked away from the book and looked at me and then smiled, I had to look away. “About last night…” I found myself saying.

I felt his hand that had been laying on mine lift up and I could feel his warm, smooth, fingertip tracing patterns in my palms as he concentrated on my palm. “It says… Well, I think it says you’ll live a meaningful life… and that you’re going to die by-“

“Sirius!” I whispered harshly, his gaze left my palm and his eye quickly flew and met mine. “Last night… We have to talk about what happened.”

He nodded, “Yeah… I have to tell you the truth-“

“I honestly don’t know what came over me… I think it was the stress of what happened to James… and, well, I just want you to know-“

“I know. It was a mistake.” He said solemnly.

“Actually,” I smiled lightly, a blush threatening to burn across my face. “I wanted to say… I don’t regret it.”

His eyes widened and that solemn look faded and was replaced by a look in his eyes I have never seen before. He was smiling brightly and he looked so… happy. “Really?” he asked, shocked, but still happy, “Did I just hear you correctly? You don’t regret it?”

I rolled my eyes, “Yes, you heard me correctly, Sirius. I do not regret kissing you. In fact,” I sighed, “About the date, why not make it… a double date? You know, with James and Lily?”

He grinned and his eyes seemed to almost sparkle, “Really? Yeah! Yes, sure! Of course! This… Is great!” he rocked in his chair like a kid in a car waiting to go to the toy store.

I smiled and looked down and smiled at the look and feel of my hand in his, and for a moment a thought flew across my mind. I could get used to this.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its short!!

Here is how I picture Professor Quickwork:

Image

Image