Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 22: The Past - Part II

"Ugh! My muscles are killing me..." Arial complained.

"On the bright side, your landings are great." Brooke said as she held Arial up. It was a day before the competition and everyone was working their bodies to the limit. Coach Adkins always says 'Work yourself to the limit. After that, keep going. That will force your limits to stretch.'

"Oh, quiet. You'll be fine." Meagan said sipping on her high-priced water she brung everyday. The group of friends were walking out of the gym. They were too tired to put there clothes back on, so they just put on there team jackets and matching sweat pants. But they all had it in there different fashions. Like Kelly just wore the sweat pants. Meagan wore the sweat pants and the jacket tied around her neck. Harper wore her her pants and jacket open. Arial wore hers the same but the jacket closed. And Brooke just wore her jacket with the sleeve pulled up. They all switched to tennis shoes though. They weren't allowed the wear their slipper outside of a gym.

"We better win or I'm throwing Adkins off a cliff." Kelly said as she squirted water on her face and hair to cool off.

"I'm treating myself to a full bowl of ice cream with chocolate sauce and everything." Harper said as she rubbed her stomach.

"Save me some." Kelly said.

Harper scoffed. "Get your own." She said snappy. That made everyone but Kelly laugh.

"Well, I'm going to take a hot bubble bath in my jacuzzi." Meagan said gloating.

"I'm going to Meagan's." Arial said quickly. Harper and Kelly agreed.

Meagan sighed "Fine but Harper if you want your ice cream you have to bring it yourself. My Frosty maker is broken."

"Fine by me." She said and looked at Brooke "You in, Brookie?" Brooke pursed her lips in thought.

"I don't know guys..." The girls groaned and tried to convince her. They walked into the parking lot where Mandy was waiting for them. Brooke just shook her head as her friends invited Mandy and had her begging for Brooke to come as well. Brooke looked across the lot to met a dazzling pair of grey eyes she had seen before. Tony smiled and waved at her as he threw he backpack in the passenger seat of his 2012 BMW. She blushed and gave him a shy wave back. They haven't talked since the last time but they always see one another. It was like a routine. He would smile and wave, she would blush and wave back. They would sneak glances at each other at lunch and smile at each other during classes. It was weird how they had at least four classes together and never noticed each other until now.

"Brooke?" Mandy said blocking her view of Tony. "You're coming...?" Obviously no one noticed.

Brooke shook her head to snap out of it "Yeah." The girls cheered as they got to their cars. Brooke opened the doors to her 2006 Chevy Aveo for Mandy since she was riding with her. Then she looked back to where Tony was and found him leaning forward on his car with a soft smile on his lips as he watched her. She looked away before getting her car. Kelly looked over to see Tony smiling and looking that way but found that his gaze was upon someone else. She followed his gaze to Brooke. Her lips went in a thin line as she turned away and got in her car.

___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___

Brooke sighed as she bounced in place. She couldn't keep still. She was nervous. The day of the competition was here and she was freaking out. She's done Gymnastics most of her life so competitions weren't that big to her. But she was always nervous on the first competition of the year. This wasn't the first of the year. There were two before this one but her team won by forfeits. The thought of seeing new competitors just made her nervous for some reason. And she was counting on the support of her mother to calm her. But she wasn't here yet.

So Brooke stood in the back area were all the gymnasts were warming-up, bitting her lips and tapping her hands on her sides as she looked over the crowd of faces sitting on the stands. Half of her team was still getting ready while the other half were warming-up. She was almost ready with her white and sky blue leotard, gym slippers, and white and blue eye shadow. She just needed someone to braid her ponytail.

"Hey." Kelly says grabbing Brooke's shoulders from behind and smiling at her as Brooke looks at her. "You're nervous." She stated and began to braid her hair.

"Am not." She said lowly and crossed her arms. Kelly stopped and looked at her. Brooke just sighed and Kelly continued.

"Don't worry. The other schools have got nothing on us." She said, finishing the braid and rubbing Brooke's shoulders. Suddenly, Brooke's cell phone went off. She looked at Kelly. "Go on. You have time." Brooke sighed shakily and walked over to her bag to answer her phone.

"Hello?"

Hey, Its mom sweetie. I'm searching for the keys have you seen them...you know before you left?"

Brooke was quiet for a moment and looked down at her bag. She quickly went through it and pulled out the keys. "Oh No!" She slapped her forehead. "I took them with me by mistake!" She said full of emotions. Frustration, angry, sadness.

Oh no. Sweetie... I don't know what to do.

"Its fine mom." Brooke sighed and rubbed her face. "You tried. Its okay." She said giving up all hope of doing any good today.

I'm really sorry this happened, Brooke

"Me too, mom." She said lowly. "Love you." She said and hung up. She put everything back in her bag and walked up to her friends. "My mom can't make it." She said saddly

"Aw..." They all said at the same time and hugged her.

"At least you have someone supporting you..." Meagan whispered with a sly grin.

Brooke looked confused. "What do you mean? My dad couldn't make it either."

Meagan rolled her eyes "I'm not talking about your father...." She said pulled Brooke in the view of the audience. There sat Tony Gordon in all his glory on the audience stands. He was right in the middle and not too far from the judges. Tony caught the sight of his school colors and it lead him to Brooke. He saw the shock in her from seeing him there. He gave a slight wave and a smile. Brooke gasped and pulled Meagan in front of her.

"What is he doing here!?" She harshly whispered.

"What do you think he's doing here?" Meagan asked back and walked off. Brooke looked at him again. He still held the same soft smile he always gave to her. She blushed under his gaze and waved abit before crossing her arms. He smiled a little bigger after that. She couldn't help the way she was feeling towards this guy not only was he hot, he was very sweet.
And she liked him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tony's Car

Brooke's Car

Sorry about the whole up. My cousin is in town and she likes to be in the computer as much as i do.
I'm still updating every day for a week and a half so here is for today.