Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 23: The Past - Part III

Brooke and her friends busted out the gym door screaming and jumping around along with their whole teams. They won but shared first place with another school. But, winning was winning to them. They all got medals and were carrying out there trophy together. Brooke never felt such a relief in all her life. This was the first competition she did without her parents there with her and it felt oddly refreshing. Like she had accomplished something; like she was growing up.

"Oh my Gosh! You guys did great!" Lauren said hugging everyone.

"Yeah!" Mandy agreed. She was on Bobby's back for a reason no one knew. But Bobby didn't seem to care.

"Okay! Everyone listen up." Ms. Adkins said having everyone to look at her. "Don't let this get to your heads. You all still have lots of training to do." Everyone groaned all at the same time. "Eh, shut up..." She waved her hands at them, making everyone laugh now.

"Chuck E. Cheese, here we come!" Kelly squealed. Everyone laughed.

"Can't we go somewhere that's not for kids under the age of 10?" Meagan asked.

"You're never been to Chuck E. Cheese, huh?" Arial accused.

Meagan paused. "No...and I don't want to." She said snobbish and turned her head away.

"Well, we have got to change that." Harper said. "Its so fun." Brooke smiled and laughed as everyone started telling Meagan about Chuck E. Cheese. Mandy jumped off of Bobby's back and walked up to Brooke.

"I bet it was nice having a guy routing for you." Mandy said grinning. Brooke's smile faded. "Relax. I've known this whole time about the flame between you and Tony G."

"How?" Brooke said shocked. She thought she was pretty good at hiding her interest in Tony Gorden. Obviously, she was mistaken.

Mandy laughed. "Its hard to miss your faded uncontrollable blushing, girl. The others just look past it because...well they're not Mandy." She said pointing to herself. Brooke giggled. "Plus, you making googly eyes across the cafeteria kind of gave it away." Brooke blushed and they both started talking as they all walked to the parking lot. Brooke looked to her left to see the exact same person she was just talking about, sitting on his car smiling at her. She bit her lip and took another look at Mandy and her friends who were all into conversations of excitement before she made her way over to him.

He was sitting on the hood of his car with his forearms rested on his knees watching her come his way. He couldn't help the feeling of giddiness inside as she came closer.
"Hey." She said quietly and biting her lips afterwards. It made her all the cuter.

"Hey." He said back. "You did great today." He smoothed his hair back only to have it flip back into place.

"Thanks." She said a little louder then looked down. Tony could tell she wanted to say something so he waited. She kept moving her eyes in different directions and he tried to adjust himself to meet her gaze again. He wanted to see her eyes. She finally took a breath and looked back at him. "I know this might...sound a little weird, considering we-" She laughed a little nervously. "barely know each other, but..." She trailed off and watched him smile as he looked down. "I couldn't have done it without you." She said now trying to adjust herself to meet his gaze now "In more ways then one."

He looked at her "How's that?"

"Well... first off you save me from breaking my neck at practice." She began. "And showing up today... I really needed it. My parents couldn't make it and I felt as if I had no support at all. Then I saw you and it made me feel better." She said softly. He couldn't help but smile at that. Then he hopped off his hood and walked to his car door. He looked at her before ducking down inside and pulling out bouquet of white roses. She gasped as he walked back in front of her and handed them over. He smiled watching her reaction as he hopped back on the hood of the car.

"They're....They're....beautiful." She breathed the last word. The first time a guy has ever taken her breath away with just single a gesture. She looked at him. "How did you know I would even win?" She asked thinking it was a congratulatory gesture. He licked his lip and quickly said.

"I didn't...." That's when she finally got it, He didn't get the rose in case she won. He got them...just for her. She looked down at them. She was touched. "But I'm glad you did win." He added and she looked up at him with a soft expression. "It made it a lot easier to give them to you," She giggled quietly looking down at them again... He smiled at that.

Brooke slightly clutched them into her chest. "Thank you." She said sincerely.

"You welcome." He said sincerely back. They just stared at each other for a moment before they both looked away. Then he said something that made her laugh. "Animal Cracker?" He asked pulling a box of them out his pocket. He laughed too.

"Sure." She finally said and took one. He took one too and they both nibbled on them. "Do you always have animal crackers on you?" She asked half kidding and half serious.

"Yeah..." Tony said with a sigh. "I've always liked them." He said looking down at the box with animals on them. "Its just something I can't really let go of, you know?"

"Yeah." Brooke said agreeing with him. "I know exactly how you feel." They smiled at each other.

"Alright!" Ms. Adkins said loudly, making both Brooke and Tony looked at her. "Everyone who drove to school before getting on the bus earlier today, come on! If your going home with your families, see you Monday!" She shouted over all the talking.

"Hey..." Tony said grabbing Brooke's attention again. "What do you say I treat you to a real victory lunch..." He trailed off. "No animal crackers, I promise." Brooke giggled and thought about it for a second. She got a ride with Meagan to the school before they got on the bus to come there, so she didn't have to drive. But, she also had the keys to her car so her mom couldn't go anywhere while her dad had their car. Her mom didn't say she had anywhere to go and her friends wouldn't notice she was gone until they got back to the school. Her gym bag was already on the bus and she knew Mandy would know where she was and take Brooke's bag with her. Its was risky... but Brooke needed a risk every now and then.

"Yeah. Let's go." She said quickly with a smile.

"Great." Tony beamed. He shoved the box of crackers in his pocket before grabbing Brooke's hand and hopping off the hood. He jogged her around the car, opening and closing the door for her and then jogging to the driver side to get in. Her friends were all getting on the bus and no one noticed Brooke's absence but Kelly. She watched as Brooke and Tony got his car and drove away. That's when she felt the knife in her back that had Brooke's fingerprints all over it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry again.
I couldn't get to a computer yesterday