Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 26: Weeks later...

.:Brooke's POV:.

Sitting in my last class waiting for it to be over, I look into the screen of my new phone. I did lose my phone, but on the Stefan's Wild Ride to the shack that day. I stared at my phone's wallpaper that happened to be a picture of Tony and Lili sleeping. Tony was putting Lilian down for her nap and ended up sleep with her. As soon as I snapped the picture he smiled with his eyes still closed and said:

'You didn't give me a chance to pose'

After that both Tony and Lilian opened their eyes at the same time. Tony has been, more or less, living with Lili and I for the past few weeks. I didn't have to take Lili to the daycare anymore because she would just stay with him all the time. They just follow me around in the tree's at school. Tony said its safe since his father's men are still after me. He's only seen a few and they fleed after seeing Tony's death glare. All three of us sleep in the same bed. Being so close together was also safe but also something we would have done in the first place anyways. There's a lot of blood drinking going on around the apartment now.
Kind of gross.

And I have yet to tell Mandy anything about Tony or about Lili being half vampire which is the hardest thing ever. I'm not sure if I can just shut her out like that. I feel so guilty all the time. But on the plus side, Tony and I are closer then ever. And tonight is the night we're leave for London. Today's the last day of school and the start to winter vacation. I'm nervous because I told my parents about the special thing with Lili last week and they have been weird ever since. After school, I'm quiting my job which I have also failed to tell Mandy. I really hope I don't lost my best friend over this.

The bell rang and I shut my phone closed. Walking out the school with Mandy, she's talking about her 'Things to do while Brooke is gone' list. But really I could tell she was sad we won't be spending Christmas together.

"Well, I'll see you later, girl." Mandy said. "I'll come by later before you leave, okay?"

"Yeah. I'm going to miss you." I said.

"I know you will." She stated seriously, making me laugh. "But I'll be missing you more." She hugged me before going to her car. I waved as she drove away. I was thankful she didn't notice my car wasn't in the parking lot because Tony said he'd take it during class and meet me around the school. I walked around the school until I saw my car but Tony no where around.

"Looking for me?" I turned around to a smiling Tony. I looked at him then around the area.

"Where's Lili?" I questioned. He's shoulders slumped slightly before he stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"You know... you say that everyday and you're really starting to make me feel like a bad Dad." He said pursing his lip with a pouty expression on his face.

"Sorry." I said softly. "But where is she?" He smirked and looked up. I looked up with him to see Lilian eating animal crackers on the top of the school roofing edge. "Tony!" Tony just turned around before disappearing for a second and coming back with Lilian in his arms. I looked up at the roof to see she wasn't there anymore. I'm still not use to the speed.

"Brooke..." Tony sighed as he looked at me. "You gotta stop worrying so much. I'm not going to let anything happen."

"But she could've fell and hurt herself, Tony." I said crossing my arms. Tony folded his lips to hold back a laugh but it slipped and he started laughing lowly. He looked at me.

"Lili...fall down and hurt herself. Funny." He started claming down before looking up at the roof spot where Lili was. "If Lilian fell..." He trailed off as he switched his gaze to the ground in front of him "...the ground would cry." He then looked up at me. I shook my head, laughing.

"Let's go." I said kissing him on the cheek. Just as I sat in the passenger seat, Tony started up the car seat. Freaky. We just sat in a comfortable silence as he drove. We never talked that much lately since all I did while he was 'gone', he already knew about. And all he ever did was watch me and Lili so nothing interesting there. I usually just ask a vampire related question. But my mind was on quiting my job right now.

.:Tony's POV:.

I sat in the car with Lilian as I waited for Brooke to walk back out the diner door. The past few weeks were my happiest. Because I was where I was suppost to be, with my family. Not the one in London. The one right here in Arizona. With Lili...with Brooke. She finally walked out and got in the car. She nodded and looked at me.

"That's done." She said with sigh while smiling at me. "Now." She said and looked forward "Mom and Dad." I nodded and squeezed her hand. Soon, I pulled into the hotel parking lot that they were staying at. Brooke unbuckled her seat belt before she looked up, I had got out, got Lilian and opened her door. She smiled as I help her out. I'm so glad I don't have to hide my nature around Brooke. Its like a fish trying to walking around on land. The only thing I'm dreading is bring her into a world of vampires and danger. And what I'm dreading more then that... is my siblings. And worst then that, my father.

"Is it cool being a vampire?" She asked talking Lilian from me. I started thinking.

"Yes and No." I answered. "You get to live to see the world change for the Good or Bad."

.:Brooke's POV:.

Tony walked me to the entrance. "Bad thing is...if you want to live in the human world, you have to watch people start to disappear before your eyes." He stopped at the door and turned to me.

"It must be aweful." I said saddly. He kissed my forehead before looking into my eyes.

"Which makes it beauiful at the same time." I looked confused. "I'll explain sometime later." He said. "See you in a bit." I walked in the hotel and went up to the room number 309. I knocked on the door and my mom opened it.

"Brookie, are you sure you don't want to be here with us for Christmas?" Was the first thing she said while trying to take Lilian out my arms. I pulled away and walked inside.

"Mom, this is very special for Lili and for me." It was special. Lilian is spending time with her father and I was spending it with the love of my life. My Dad looked up at me and smiled:

"You sure, honey? Its not Christmas without you."

I shook my head. "I'm sure. Lilian and I just need a Mother-Daughter thing this year. It will be good for us. Christmas in New York is perfect. The lights; the Christmas plays...Lili would love it!:" I smiled. Tony came up with the lie since I since I suck at excuses. 'Like a five year old' as Tony said.

"But do you have to go so soon?" My mom asked finally getting Lilian out my arms. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"Yes. I'm trying to get out of here before it starts snowing. Its already snowing in New York." I explain. I've lied pretty good so far. Maybe because it wasn't my lie this time.

"Well, you call us as soon as you land." Dad said getting out of his seat. "No matter what time and you call us everyday." He said hugging me.

"Of course, Dad."