Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 33: Family Mornings

::Brooke’s POV::
The rest of the day was spent getting to know all of the family. I loved them all already. They were the family I’ve always wanted. I don’t know why but I’ve always wanted to see sibling chaos in the morning or have big family meetings, but mostly I would have loved to even have a big family waiting outside of hew hospital when I had Lilian. I envisioned the delivery room to be so packed with family that the nurse would have to come in just to tell us ‘a few at a time, please’. I envisioned it being this way. This way being the way I never got to hold Lili for too long because someone else wanted to hold her. I envisioned this... I envisioned them. The perfect family.

Before long, it was nighttime and everyone was getting ready for bed. I had dressed Lili in her pajamas after changing her diaper when Kimberly walked in. I looked up and smiled at her and she smiled back.

“Please, stop me if I’m being too clingy but can Lili sleep with Will and I tonight?” She asked, her eyes sparkling with hopefulness.

“Sure.” I said. I kind of felt uneasy not having Lilian under me but I think it was about time I shared her even if I wasn’t use to it. Besides, I just couldn’t say no. I could tell Kimberly absolutely adored Lili. She would make a great mother. I handed over Lili and she yawned placing her head down on Kim’s shoulder. “Goodnight, Sweetie.” I said kissing her on the cheek. “Goodnight, Kimberly.”

She smiled widely and nodded, “Goodnight, Brooke. I hope you have a goodnight’s sleep. And thank you for letting me steal Lilian away for a night.” I laughed as she left the room. I sighed and texted a goodnight to Mandy even though she was in the room not too far away.

“Goodnight, Brookie!” I heard a scream echo the hallways moments later and I shook my head at how boisterous Mandy was. Everyone that passed my room door said goodnight to me, well, all but Sid. He just nodded and walked away. No much of a talker, is he? I don’t know when I fell asleep but I woke up by the string of light from the hallway that shined in my face when my door opened and closed back. I sat up a little and pulled the covers closer to me as I rubbed my eye. My eyes shifted in the darkness but I couldn’t see anything. I jumped when a cold hand caressed my cheek and suddenly Tony was smiling at me in the dark.

“Jesus, Tony, you scared me.” I said sitting up some more and glaring at him.

“Sorry, babe.” He said quietly. I moved over and he opened the covers to let himself in. Once he settled in bed with me, he pulled me close and I placed my head on his chest and my arm over his torso.

“Where have you been?” I asked. The question was muffled from my lips on his thin t-shirt as I snuggled my face into him.

“Around the house. I wanted to wait until everyone was in their rooms before I came. I didn’t want to get teased.” He stated. I looked up at him and laughed silently. He kissed my forehead and my hand went up to his neck and softly rubbed it with my thumb. “Where’s Lili?”

“She was kidnapped.” I said simply and closed my eyes.

“Oh no.” He said quietly and placed his head on top of mine. “That’s awful.”

“I know.”

“Should we do something?”

“Tomorrow.” I said sleepily.

“Poor thing. My deranged family has wore you out.” He said rubbing my back softly.

“Mhm.” I said falling to sleep.

“I love you.”

“Mhm.”

I heard him scoff and kiss my forehead one more time. “Sweet dreams.”

___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___BC___

I stretched my body to the fullest and rolled over on my back. I stared at the ceiling for a little bit before finally sitting up to see I was the only one in the room. After seeing this, I hoped out the bed and walked around the hallways only to bump into Mandy.

“Morning, Girly.” She smiled. “I’ve been waiting for you to wake up. Mainly, because I don’t want to get lost by myself, so, come on.” She said and locked our arms as we walked down the hallway. She was in her power puff girl shirt and some pink pajama pants while I was just in sweats and AC DC band shirt. As we walked down the hall, we started to hear the halls come alive with chatter and laughing, voices and morning sounds.

We were walking up to a corner, just waiting to see what was going on with the noise just around it when a tall guy turned the corner and looked at us. He’s was gorgeous. Muscular bone structure, beautiful dark eyes and light brown hair that stylishly gelled and teased. He’s no Tony, though. His face was hard and by his jeans and leather jacket, those told me he was the bad boy type. So what was he doing here?

“Nate.” a familiar voice called. Natalie came floating from around the same corner and kissed the guy’s cheek. He’s hard demeanor seemed to have melted under the kiss because he looked at Natalie with a soft and gentle smile. Natalie looked up at me and Mandy. “Oh, Good-morning, Sleepheads number 1 and 2.” She said cheerfully and laughed. “This my boyfriend, Nate,” She said patting his chest and looked at him. “and Nate, this is Tony’s baby mama, and her kick-ass friend, Mandy.”

“All the time.” Mandy said with pride and Natalie smiled wider. That’s when I noticed that Natalie and Mandy almost had the same personality.

“Well, I’ll catch you two later, okay. Don’t do anything fun without me or I’ll bite you.” She said backing up down the hall and pulling Nate by his arm, laughing. “I mean it.” She said flashing her fangs making Mandy jump.

“Oh god. Early in the morning, really? Fangs?” Mandy said muttering as she threw her hands up in the air. I playfully rolled my eyes and looked at her.

“Uh, Yeah... They’re vampires.” I simply stated and continued walking to see what everyone was doing behind the corner.

“So, I’m a Mandy, how about that?” Mandy said as if it was an announcement. I laughed and looked at her before finally turning the corner. The hall was pretty busy for the morning time. Will was standing outside a door in his robe pounding on it in, Samantha was opening the windows in her pajamas, Sid stood leaning against the wall fully dressed with a book, and Lyza was just passing by everyone.

“Open up!” Will bellowed. He’s eyes were a weird shade of grey and dark foggy green. “Hannah, I know it’s you. I can see you in there...” He blinked just as me and Mandy got close, his eyes back a normal brown. “Morning.” He smiled, “Hope you had a pleasant sleep.” We both nodded and he turned his attention back to the door. “Hannah! I just want my tooth brush.”

“But I’m in the shower. Come back later.” I heard muffled behind the door.

“No, your not!” Just then the shower was sounded.

“Now, I am.” She said cheery before adding, “No peeking. I’m undressed.” Will’s face twisted in a distasteful expression before he hit the door again.

“Stop being mean...” He glared at the door before his wife passed and kissed him on the cheek. He looked over his shoulder at her and smiled.

“Leave her alone.” Kimberly giggled. Will’s smiled dropped as he pouted and followed her down the stair case. I figured Lilian was with someone else if she wasn’t with Kim.

“Morning.” Samantha stated while not even looking at us as she placed the flower pots on the outside window sill so they were in the sun.

“Morning.” Me and Mandy same in unison. Lyza smiled and waved as she continued down the hallway. Sid just looked at us then back at his book.

“Tony’s in the kitchen.” Samantha said and turned to us. “I think he’s making breakfast...follow me.” She said and began walking towards the stairs.

“Food, yes!” Mandy said and hurry to keep up with her but not before tugging me with her. We made it back to the dinning room where we ate breakfast and dinner then we went through the door in the corner which lead us to a huge kitchen. It was all pearl-colored marvel like the ones on the cooking channel. The light wood cabinets, the huge metal but still elegant stove, the two shiney ovens with an island in the center of it all which held the sick and a pots and pans hanging right above it.

Tony was over a cutting board with his sleeves rolled up and his hair hair-clipped off of his forehead when looked up at us. Lili was sitting on the counter when she looked back at us as well. He smiled and waved the knife in his hand. “Morning, Angels. I have an assignment for you.” He said quoting Charlie’s Angels. I giggled and walked up to Lili to kiss and hug her because I haven’t seen her since last night.

“Shush it, boy. Whatcha’ makin’?” Mandy said sitting at on the stool in front of the island.

“Chicken and hashbrows.” He smirked. Mandy closed her eyes and shook her head.

“You know what, I just might love you.” She breathed and Tony chuckled.

He grabbed the onions and vegetables and threw then in the skillet. “That has been known to happen.” He stated and looked at me. I blushed and placed my face on top of Lilian’s head.

“Hey, Littles” Mandy said and kissed her cheek. “Haven’t seen you all yesterday.”

“Yeah, I had to fight Kimberly just to get her back. I won, obviously.” He said and started to stir what he had in the skillet making a stir-fry. Most-likely for Lyza since I heard she had a slightly vegetable obsession.

“I bet you got lucky.” Mandy shot. I giggled as they continued on. I hardly even notice Samantha still in the room. I looked at her and she looked as if she was zoned out before she cut her eyes over at me.

“Sorry.” She said and bit her lip. I was just about to ask what she was sorry for when the kitchen door opened. Stefan walked in with his wet clothes sticking to him. His hair was wind-blown and he leaned against the counter.

“I’m here.” He said, sighing.

“What happened to you?” Tony said when he turned around.

Stefan looked up and rubbed his face. “The boat I was on broke down so I had to swim half of the way here. I’m beat.” He said and turned his head to look at me. “Hey.” He said then looked at Mandy. “Fuck, I forgot about you.” He said hanging his head.

“Shut the fuck up.” Mandy said forcefully and I covered Lilian’s ears. “Nobody here was even thinking about you, Jackass. So, go somewhere, Stefani.” She said simply before taking one of the drumsticks and bitting into it.

“You know what--” Stefan said standing up straight but Tony cut him off.

“So! Now that we’re all here, what should we do today? Hike?”

“Like a family hike?” Samantha questioned.

“Yeah, sure why not?” Tony smiled and finished up cooking before putting the dirty pans in the sink.

Samantha smiled lightly and nodded. “I’ll go tell everyone.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long. I'm out of town at my grandma's and I have no internet. I'm at starbucks right now. LMAO! But here's your chapter. Hope it was worth the little wait :)