Status: Active. UPDATED: 4//27//11

Blood Connection

Chapter 34: Venomous

::Brooke’s POV::

“So everyone’s here?” Tony questioned with Lilian in his hands. Everyone looked at each other. We’re going on a family hike, or walk or whatever it was. It was something I never did with my family so I was very open to it.

“Nope.” Denis spoke up. He was in white shirt with two buttons undone, shaggy jean shorts and sport tennis shoes. He looked like a male model in something so simple.“Michelle isn’t here yet.”

“ Neither is Hector.” Hannah said straightening her pale yellow sundress that stopped just below her knees with her white sandals. Hannah always looks so elegant and beautiful. I keep thinking back to when I first saw her. She was perfect in her peach summer dress and she’s even perfect now with her hair naturally straight and half of it pinned up, also not a hint of make-up on because...well... she didn’t need it. I bit my lip thinking I could never be like that, because I was human.

Mandy looked like she fit in more then I did. She was in a long dress shirt with elbow long sleeves with a blue belt around her mid-section and a cut off zipper vest, in cut off jeans that stopped above her knee with blue tennis shoes. That, compared to the capri jeans, Nikes, and random t-shirt I was wearing, was more fitting to Lyza’s sporty colorful tank-top, low-rise jeans and oxford heels. Or Will and Kim’s matching colors of light green and black. Will in a black and light green shirt that showed off his arms, black jean shorts, a green hair band that pushed his curls back and black shoes with light green shoelaces. Kim in her black shirt with a light green mini vest over it, a matching light green skirt and black tights with all black Nikes with the green Nike sign on the side.

Natalie and Samantha had the same style of long v-neck shirts complete with a torso belt with open sweaters, tights, and slouch beanies and tennis shoes. Everything different colors, of course. They both were front magazine cover ready. Sid had a sweater with the sleeves rolled up, dark jeans and tennis shoes. So simple, yet, completely stylish at the same time. Stefan was in dark glasses and tight shirt, baggy jeans and huge combat boots. And don’t get me started on Tony. His hair pushed back wearing a long sleeve shirt and an open overshirt, fitting jeans and dark shoes that matched his overshirt. Even little Lili was cute in her little matching sweatsuit. I should be ashamed of myself.

“I thought you and Michelle were done?” Tony questioned.

Denis shook his head, leaning on the wall with his hands in his pockets. “I never said that. I just said no comment.” Tony rolled his eyes and shook his head. I leaned over to Tony.

“Who’s Michelle?” I asked quietly. Tony leaned in as well.

“Denis’s friend who is a girl. I’m not sure if they are together today or not. So his maybe girlfriend.” I said a quiet ‘Oh,’ and straightened. Then I leaned back in.

“And Hector?”

“Hannah’s fiance.”

“She’s engaged?” I asked shocked. Tony nodded.

“It was an arranged marriage.” I looked at him in horror. “It’s okay. Somewhere in between, they fell in love. So, it’s not so arranged anymore.” He nudged me and my expression relaxed. I looked at Hannah as she stared out the window. Then I looked over at Natalie and Nate. Nate was behind Natalie messing with her hair until she turned around and smiled at him. He smiled back and tenderly kissed her on the lips. I loved seeing all the love and affection around here. It was so open compare to my house. With my parents, everything was hidden in messages. It was in little incognito gestures instead of just straight forward and out there.

The door opened and in walked this insanely gorgeous girl. Her light brown skin was flawless, her hazel-blue eyes were enchanting, her hair a shiny black and passed her shoulders. The same perfection as Hannah but still totally opposite. She was wearing a light silver-colored sweater that tied to her waist at the bottom and went off one shoulder, some Jean shorts with below the knee tights with ankle boots. Her black hair was pulled to one side and tied loosely with a silver ribbon. Her eyes scanned the room before she placed a hand on her hip.

Denis smirked and pushed himself off the wall to walk up to her. “Hey, babe.” He said, making her eyes cut over at him. She let out a sigh as he wrapped an arm around her waist, her arms between their chest so they weren’t that close when he pulled her into him.

“Really, Denis?” She asked, annoyed.

“What?” He said clueless. She rolled her eyes and pulled away. She walked over to Lyza and hugged her then went to Will and Kimberly for a hug. Denis rubbed his forehead and sighed. “Here we go.” He muttered.

“Hector!” Hannah squealed when a young man walked through the door. She didn’t hesitate to zoom in her super speed to him. He caught her and pulled her off her feet into a hug with a smile bright as day. He was amazingly handsome as well. Strong face structure, deep amazing brown-hazel, creamy skin color brown hair with natural light brown highlights, face and stance of a born leader.

“I missed you.” She mumbled. I could hear him faintly say it back against her lips. Again, the affection so open and shown with pride. “Hector, Michelle, this is Brooke and Lilian.” She introduced us when she was put down. Hector kissed my hand and Michelle threw up a unenthusiastic wave.

“Great,” Tony said smiling. “Now that everyone is here, let’s get going.” Everyone started out the door. I couldn’t help but laugh at the way Denis was at Michelle’s heels trying to talk to her but she just walked out the door with her arms crossed. I was just exiting the door and I could’ve swore I saw Kendrick pass by. As we all walked around town as one big happy family, we got smaller and smaller walking our way across the town to the hiking area. Hannah, Hector and Natalie went into a baby and toddler shop. Samantha and Nate walked off into a crowd of people. Denis and Michelle went to talk, I assume about what Michelle was upset about. Lyza and Sid wondered off into a supply store. Will and Kimberly stopped to admire a painting outside of an old shopping alleyway.

“Wow, you’re family ditched you.” Stefan said with an amused laugh.

“Eh, I knew they were going to do that.” He continued walking. “Ah, fuck.” He stopped.

“What?” I asked.

He clicked his teeth and looked at me. “They took Lili.” He said. That’s when I noticed she was no longer in Tony’s arms.

“Are you kidding?” Mandy said, “And you didn’t even notice? Poor attention span, I say.” Tony shrugged.

“She’ll be fine.” He smiled and continued to walk. Mandy looked at me and I giggled and shook my head making her do the same thing. Did he let them take her on purpose? Soon we got to an open field with rock infested hills not too far away. Tony stopped and turned to us“Ready to do some hiking?”

“You know I am,” Stefan said cheerfully and walked ahead of Tony.

“Yup.” Mandy smiled and walked on too. Tony held out his hand for me and I took it, then we walked on together. First, we walked passed some tall grass and started our way up the rocky hills. Stefan hiked up the hill as if he was walking on solid, flat ground, smoothly and graceful. I could tell he was slowing down for us though. Tony help me when he thought I needed it and Mandy, being as independent as she is, was fine making her way up by herself. After we took a small break and was ready to start hiking again, Mandy lifted her leg to get a head start on climbing but squealed in pain.

“Ouch! Shit. What was that?” She said looking around her.

“What happened?” Tony said leaving my side and walking towards Mandy. Mandy fell back on her butt and lifted her leg to see two small holes in her ankle. Stefan coughed a laugh.

“Is that a snake bite?” I said concerned as I walked up to get a closer look.

Tony sighed and examined it. “Looks like it.”

“Fucking shit.” Mandy breathed. She never liked snakes. I see why. Apparently, they aren’t too fond of her either. Stefan was full blown laughing now. He stopped, listening before he sped across the area and back with a snake in his hand and continued laughing.

“I just might keep this thing as a pet.” He said, clearly enjoying that it bit Mandy. Something he couldn’t do.

“I’ll skin the both of you.” Mandy growled while her ankle was in Tony’s hands. She hissed in pain. “It’s starting to burn.”

“Stef, what kind of snake is it?” Tony asked without looking at him.

“Uh, “ He started as he looked over the snake that was trying to wiggle free. “Rattle.”

Tony sighed. “Fuck.” I kneeled at Mandy side and held her hand.

“You okay?” I asked softly. “Feeling anything besides the burning?”

Mandy nodded and bit her lip in pain. “Yeah, I’m fine, but I feel a little light-headed and dizzy.”

“Tony...” I said to him, wanting him to do something. He nodded and looked at Stefan getting ready to say something but stopped when he saw he still was playing with the snake.

“Stef, get rid of that thing!”

“But, it’s my pet now.” He argued.

“Stef, either drop it off at Sam’s or kill it.” Tony said strongly. Stefan whined an ‘Awww...’ before snapping it’s neck. The loud crack made me and Mandy jump. Then he tossed it into the grassy area. “Okay, now one of us is going to have to suck the poison out.”

Stefan scoffed. “Not me. Unless you want me to drain her dry on purpose.” I sent a look at Stef and so did Mandy and Tony.

“Jackass.” Tony muttered looking down at Mandy’s leg. “I’ll do it then.” He sighed. He licked his lips and bared his fangs. By this time, Mandy was sweating, so I sat behind her and let her lay her head on my shoulder as I held her hand and wiped her forehead.

“It’s okay, Dee-Dee.” I said softly as I laid my head on top of hers. She slightly nodded. Tony leaned in with Mandy’s leg in his hands before his mouth finally made contact. Mandy jumped hard and shifted.

“Ow.” She said through her teeth.

“Cry baby.” Stefan said under his breath with his arms crossed as he watched Tony closely. Tony closed his eyes and began to suck. Mandy’s breath was becoming uneven now and she was moaning in pain.

“Tony, hurry, please.” I said lightly as I watched Mandy suffer in my lap. She was moving a lot and sweating harder. Her eyes were hazy and looked like she couldn’t see straight. Occasionally, she would shut her eyes tightly in pain.

“Everything’s getting blurry.” Mandy said lowly

“Tony, please.”

“Just let the venom, take her if it wants to. “ Stefan shrugged. “I mean, really.”

“Ow!”

“It’s okay Mandy.”

“Your boy-toy is taking too long, Brooke” Mandy said weakly.

“Shut up and die.” Stefan said childishly.

“Stefan, stop it!” I said running out of patients.

“Well, she needs to.” He said shifting legs and shrugging again.

“Stefani, you better hope I die or I’m coming after your ass.”

“Oh, I’m counting on it, babe.”

A loud growl ripped through the air just before and animalistic voice was sounded. “SHUT THE FUCK UP, ALL OF YOU!” Everyone’s eyes were on Tony. Everyone in shock. I’ve never seen Tony like this. His fangs and lips covered with Mandy’s blood, his lips pulled back in a snarl making him look gruesome and terrifying but what scared me the most was his eyes. What use to the most beautiful shade of light grey was now black as night with a red ring around them. The wrinkles in his forehead only made it look worst. He slowly looked away from us and continued. Everyone was quiet from then on. “I think I did it.” He said, now in his normal voice but eyes still the same. He retracted his fangs and stood up taking off his overshirt and wrapping it tightly around Mandy’s ankle.

“You okay?” I asked Mandy helping her sit up.

“Yeah, I feel better.” She nodded but still looks like she was weak. If not from the venom, now from the loss of blood.

“Stefan, you have to take her down, I need a moment.” Stefan groaned.

“Yeah, yeah.” He said and picked up Mandy bridal-style. “I wanted you to die.”

“Shut up, before I holy water your ass.” Mandy said feisty as ever.

“Ha!” Stefan said, “Guess what? That’s a myth.” He said then bared his fangs. “But these aren’t so shut up.” Mandy narrowed her eyes and Stefan thought he had shut her up but I heard her say ‘Yo Mamma’ before they left in speed. I looked at Tony who had his back towards me and his head down, I believe trying to control himself.

“I’m sorry.” He said quietly. “I never wanted you to see me like that.” I walked up to him to touch his shoulder but he dodged it. I pursed my lips and tried again, this time succeeding. He turned around, his eyes fading back to normal.

“I love you.” Was all I said, and that’s all it took for him to kiss me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been a while and I'm sorry.
But I made it extra long :3
It's like 8 pages on my computer lol.

Comment on what you think of true vampire Tony...