Status: ????

Moment of Truth

Chapter 13

I didn't want to see Brendon or Cassadee or Mason or Trace. I didn't think I even wanted to see Alex or Zack or Rian. Being around Jack was starting to mess me up and I'd like to just spend some time on my own for once.

This town was really pretty, I realized, as I walked around. It was quiet, smaller than most other places. I started walking down the streets, the side streets, the far roades, leading out of town. It was situated right by the highway and it felt comfortable to be in.

I don't know how long I walked or how far I got, but the sun was starting to set. I went to check my phone and found that I hadn't grabbed it when I left, and was starting to get cold. It was three months into tour and the weather was changing. September was fading into October every month and it was nice but also disorienting.

I walked back the way I came and saw the venue in the distance. There were a couple of people standing by the parking lot where the buses had been parked. I walked a little faster, hoping they weren't security and I'd have to call Brendon because if I forgot my phone, I definitely didn't have my tour pass.

As I got closer, I noticed that it was Matt and one of Hey Monday's techies standing out there with flashlights. I couldn't be sure why, but I walked closer and was suddenly blinded by the maglight in my eyes.

"Holy fuck, Flyzik," I complained and he lowered it enough that he could see my face. I frowned and he looked relieved to see me.

"Where the hell have you been?" Flyzik asked. The tech guy walked over (Aaron, I think?) and Matt took off his jacket, tossing it to me. "We've been looking all over for you. The bands had to go on but the techs and I have been looking for you all over," Matt admonished. "C'mon, we gotta get in. We couldn't even open the merch before the concert," Matt told me, the three of us all but running back towards the venue.

I stopped to grab my tour pass and phone before running up, security waving us in. Vinny was manning the closed booths with a couple of other techs. He looked relieved to see me and even hugged me.

"Jesus. Jack was flipped out when we couldn't find you. Do you know how long you were gone?" Vinny asked. I shook my head. "Four hours. We didn't know where you went for four hours. Brendon almost didn't even go onstage," Vinny told me. He rubbed his hands over my arms, which was nice before I was pretty cold, even wearing Flyzik's hoodie.

"I'm sorry, Vinny," I apologized and he shook his head.

"I'll open up the booths. You go get changed and get back here," he admonished playfully. I kissed his cheek and ran back out, throwing on clothes in the Panic bus before running back into the venue. I knew Brendon was going to rip me a new one when he found me after the concert. Jack probably would too, considering they send out Flyzik to get me.

It was a long couple of hours, but I could hear them all performing from the merch booth. I settled back into my plastic chair they had put behind the table for me. I breathed out and helped the couple of people that had come out after Panic's set to get their merch. I smiled took their money, wishing them a good night.

The show ended around midnight and the mobbing began in the middle of All Time Low's set. I pushed my hair back and unzipped my hoodie, settling in to help the crowds, pushing the sleeves up.

It was another hour before we started packing up the merch booths and I slumped back into my chair before I got started, pushing my bangs from my eyes. I stood up again to put things away when someone wrapped their arms around me for behind.

"I was so worried!" They told me and I turned around, finding Cass looking at me. "You scared the shit out of us, babe," she told me and I hugged her back, suddenly feeling that much worse about it. I knew I would live to regret just leaving like that.

"Why did you leave, though?" Cassadee asked, helping me pack up the Panic! merch. I shrugged.

"I dunno. I was just bombarded by so many things all at once. You and Brendon were telling me about Jack and then there were Mason and Trace-"

"Which was super unfair," Cassadee interjected. "That was so lame. So you haven't been hanging out with them as much. So fucking what? They need to be adults about that kind of thing," Cassadee told me, putting shirts in boxes. I sighed and rubbed my forehead. "Sorry," Cassadee grimaced.

"It's not your fault. You're right," I replied. I helped her pack up boxes and close them up, the techies taking boxes to put back in trailers and storage of the buses.

"Where the fuck have you been?" Brendon asked, coming from seemingly nowhere. I turned and Brendon looked far more concerned than angry. "Jack tells us you just fucking jet from the bus and you don't take your phone, don't tell anyone where you're going in a strange town. I just- goddammit, Kelsey. You scared the shit out of me," he told me and then pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back tightly and sighed, pulling away with a frown.

"I'm sorry. I'm really fucking sorry, Bren. I know I should've told someone, but I didn't think I'd be out so long," I told him and Brendon pursed his lips. "Matt and Aaron found me when I came back."

"Matt told me. I'm just glad you're safe. Mom and Dad would've killed me if you went missing," he joked and I punched him playfully in the shoulder.

The three of us walked back to the All Time Low bus when we were done, Brendon and Cassadee practically threatening my life if I ever ran away again without telling someone. They hugged me and walked back to their buses.

I braced myself for the attack as I opened the All Time Low bus door and climbed on, the boys sitting in the front lounge. Jack was staring at his hands the rest of them were looking apprehensive until I shut the door and they all stood up, looking somewhere between surprised and relieved.

"I'm sorry," I said and Zack had me first. He never seemed like that emotional of a guy, but he had me in a bone crushing hug and I suddenly felt so bad for disappearing like that. I hugged him back and Zack pulled away, only for Rian to grab me up.

"We were so worried," Rian told me honestly and I nodded, tucking my face into his shoulder, Rian squeezing me. He let go and I stepped over, hugging Alex. He tightened his hold on me and I dropped my forehead against his shoulder like I did with Rian.

"I'm so sorry," I whispered and Alex pulled back.

"I swear to God, don't ever fucking do that again," he told me and I nodded. He kissed my forehead and I stepped over to Jack. The three others made themselves scarce and Jack had his hands in his pockets. I pressed my lips together.

"I'm-"

"I was so fucking worried," Jack told me. "Brendon and Cassadee were so fucking scared and I just let you go without asking where you were going or making sure you have your phone and I'm- don't you ever fucking do that again," Jack told me. I nodded and he wrapped his arms around me. I was really trying not to cry by now and I felt so guilty for doing that.

Jack kissed my cheek, my temple and then my forehead. It felt like Jack was already my boyfriend.

"Can we just go to bed?" I asked and Jack reached up, pushing my hair out of my eyes.

"Yeah," he agreed, not letting go of my hand once while we climbed into the bunk.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kelsey, Merch Booth

How fucking late am I? I just found this, got bored, cleaned up the old chapters and figured, why the fuck not? Let's see how this goes, between work and all that shit I'm doing now.
Wish me luck and while we're at it, comment/subscribe?!?!?

<3 fallOUT<3