Status: Complete

By the Light of the Moon I Will Always Love You

Chapter Twenty

Image

Ariel murmured to herself in a dream, her small body wrapped in the white duvets that covered her body like a sweet caress, enveloping her in a protective cocoon where nothing could hurt her. She blinked a few times as she awoke, her silver eyes adjusting to the pale rays of sunlight that were filtering into her bedroom.

She stayed where she was, aware that in a few moments she would have to rise and carry on with the day. She could hear her family downstairs, Rosalie complaining about something as usual to Esme, Emmett watching yet another football game, Carlisle was gone to work and Alice was crooning softly to Jasper where they stood hand in hand by the river watching the morning float by them.

Ariel wished to stay in the lovely dream she had been having, the dream where Jacob had arrived to her. Saying how much she meant to him, how much he loved her…how he couldn’t be apart from her any longer. He had needed her, needed her so much.

She closed her eyes against the threat of tears as she realised it had all been a dream. Her Jacob was still missing from her heart, he had not come back.

She opened them at the sound of the musical wind chimes she had placed at the window. The window was open, allowing a light breeze to flutter around the room and travel between the chimes, causing them to tinkle pleasantly. She had made them from shells and stones she had found on the beach of La Push months ago when Jake had been hers.

Ariel sighed, and looked to the window towards the chimes, unconsciously singing strange lyrics that went with the tune of the wind. She squinted as the wind chimes turned around in the breeze and something shiny caught the light, and shone brightly around the room.

Ariel got up, stretching and padded across to the window, to investigate what the mysterious object was. Her silver gaze rested on a necklace wrapped around the chimes. She picked it up, and let it rest in her hand, one finger trailing down the silver chain to rest on the pendant at the end. It was a crescent moon, little diamonds stuck into it as it wrapped around the silhouette of a wolf, howling a love song to the moon, it tips almost joining.

Ariel gasped with delight, as the events of the previous night flashed back. It hadn’t been a dream. Jacob had really come to her, he loved her again and left her a token of love.

A desperate need to see him came over her, and she knew the one place he would be. Silent as a ghost, without the cracks and flying shreds of clothes of the Quileute’s, Ariel shifted. She padded lightly downstairs, her silvery white fur moving over the muscles of her shoulders and back legs, her tail brushing the wall.

Esme gasped as she saw the white wolf trot down the stairs, her hand flying to her unbeating chest, “Oh Ariel! You frightened me..”

Ariel gave a small woof, and ignored Rosalie’s hisses of disgust. She shook her body and padded outside, breaking into a run. She pushed past Jasper, butting him with her head playfully and was soon lost in the maze of trees and shrubbery that made up the forest of Forks.

She ran quickly, not stopping and soon had crossed into the terrain of La Push and travelled upwards, finally reaching the cliff top where it had all begun. He was waiting, in his own wolf form. He sat proud on the tip of the cliff, like a royal king observing his land. He turned as he heard Ariel approach and barked in greeting, rushing to meet her. They sniffed and licked for a minute, their tails wagging before they each shifted.

Jacob wasn’t ashamed of his naked form in front of Ariel and nor was she embarrassed to see it. She waited as he tugged on his shorts and he wrapped his arms around her.

“You liked your present?” he whispered into her ear, causing chills to run through her body as his hot liquid voice.

She nodded and held out her hand, causing the necklace that was placed there to sparkle. She didn’t need to ask Jacob as he took it from her, the chain looking very delicate in his large, strong hands and wrapped it around her slight neck, hooking the clasp.

“How does it look?” she asked, turning around. It was situated above her breast, placed perfectly against her cold hard skin that held a pearly sheen. Her white night dress she hadn’t changed out of blew in the wind, and Ariel cast her mind back to the first time she had ever seen Jacob. The night that had changed the rest of her immortal life, and possibly the outlook of emotional bonds between all werewolves and vampires for the rest of history.

“Beautiful,” Jacob whispered, not talking about the necklace in particular. He brought his hand to her face, his finger resting underneath her chin, tilting her head up so her gaze met his. He placed her lips gently on hers and she kissed him back, her hands resting on his muscled chest. She was surprised her cold body didn’t melt against his heat, and she sighed happily as he rested his forehead against her own, “I’ve missed this” she whispered, “I’ve missed us.”

“Me too baby…but you’ll never have to miss it again. I’m here now…I’ll always be here. I’m never leaving you again. Promise.”

Ariel smiled, kissing him again, “You better not Jake…I won’t survive it again.”

He pretended not to hear, and looked out to the sparkling sea. He pulled away from her and smiled, “Fancy flying?”

Ariel frowned, not understanding and Jacob grinned a sun like beam, vaulting off the top of the cliff. He appeared to glide like a bird through the air, flying expertly into the water below.

Ariel gazed far down below as his head appeared above the surface of the water. He tread water, and shouted encouragement. She smiled, passing a hand to the silver wolf that hung around her neck and flung her arms out.

Jacob gazed in love and awe as she was silhouetted against the high pale sun, her silver hair flying out around her. She dropped like a fallen angel, graceful and elegant in flight and landed neatly in the water. She swam far below Jacob, not needing oxygen to survive under the depths.

Jacob waited for her to surface, becoming worried as minutes passed. He shouted out, looking around until finally she yanked at his legs and broke the surface, wrapping her arms around him from behind. He chuckled, and with strong arms, swam them both back to the sandy shore.

They lay for a few moments on the beach, Jacob’s chest rising up and down with heavy breathing, his heart beat loud to Ariel’s ears. She could feel the grainy sand stick to her skin and she dig her fingers into the sand, wrapping the essence of the beach round her small hands.

Jacob rolled over, balancing over her slight body and she gazed quietly up at him. It didn’t feel like they had ever been parted, it was as if it had always been them forever. There had never been a William, or Bella or Renesmee..there had never been a Peter.

Something like guilt panged through Ariel at the thought of her friend, probably wondering where she was but it disappeared as Jacob ran his mouth along her neck and she moaned as he sucked at her skin.
He rose his head above hers again, a drop of water was hanging precariously as the end of his nose. Ariel brought her mouth up, kissing away the drop and moved her lips to his. They kissed deeply, as their tongues met and they moaned together. Jacob stopped balancing, allowing his body to rest on top of Ariel’s, knowing he couldn’t hurt her like that. He ran his hand up her legs, lifting her wet dress so he could grip the underside of her thigh as she ran her foot along the back of his own leg.

His hand travelled up to her waist and Ariel giggled as he reached a ticklish spot, they broke apart and Jacob kissed her gently again, “I love you.”

Ariel looked at him as he rolled over onto his back, and then rested her head against his chest so she could hear his heart beat for her, “I know…I love you too.”

Jacob smiled, and his eyes began to grown heavy. He blinked sleepily as he heard Ariel yawn and then he fell into dreams. Ariel listened to his steady breathing and then did the same;

It was a wet night. A car was travelling smoothly along the rain soaked road. A young boy was behind the wheel and he hummed to himself, his hand messing with the knob of the radio. He sighed as not one song he liked was playing, and searched for the new album he had bought days go in Port Angeles.

He looked around to see it lying on the back seat but he couldn’t quite reach it. He looked at the road, it was empty and no other cars could be seen. He unbuckled his seat belt he always made a point to wear and reached around to grab the CD.

He never saw the large pot hole in the road until his wheel went over it and his car started to skid. His blue eyes widened as he gripped the steering wheel, applying the brakes in a desperate attempt to stop the car. There was a loud screech as the wheels tried to stop, but the road was too wet and the car tilted.

It turned once, twice, the windows smashing and glass littering the road. A body was flung out onto the road, his unbuckled seatbelt providing no safety. The boy’s body hit the road heavily, his skull smashing against the concrete. He moaned, miraculously still alive, but just barely.

His head was bleeding heavily, his ribs were broken and his vision was fading. A grey haze began to fill his eyes as his breathing became shallow and painful. Finally, Peter’s hand slumped lifeless to the ground, as death took him on the cold empty road. A still figure, all alone.


Ariel woke up, crying out. Her face was wet, she had been crying.

She looked around, the sky was dark, she had spent the whole day sleeping next to Jacob who still lay next to her peacefully, his hand curled around her body protectively. She looked at him, removing his arm and sitting up. She placed a small kiss on his lips and turned, shifting so she could jump into the trees running away from one boy, running frantically to another.

She stopped at the lake near the school building where several swans swam and silently plucked feathers from them, ignoring their loud honks of protest. She ran again, picking up sticks she could bend and put to use.

She reached Peter’s house, walking around the back to his room. His house was very large, the product of firm owning father and she jumped like the vampire she was to balance on the thin window sill. She opened the window, slipping silently into the sleeping boy’s room.

She smiled, looking at his still form, trying to rid the memory of his broken body and his bleeding face. She walked around his room, immortally silent as walked into his mother’s sewing room, stealing threads of lace and twine.

She went back to Peter’s large room, and sat on the chair next to his bed so she could fell him breathing, and hear the strong thumps of his heart. Her hands flew as she wrapped the pieces of string around the sticks pressed into a circle, and worked the twine through them, muttering strange words as she worked.

Finally, she hung a small dream catcher up above Peter’s head, it swung in the breeze much like her necklace had that morning, and the swan feathers and beads that hung from it swayed loosely. She smiled and then ran a soft finger down Peter’s face, remarking at the innocent young boy he resembled in sleep. A young boy who had still so much more to do in life.

He turned over, and lay still, unconsciously giving Ariel room to bend over him and place her lips on his in a secret kiss, “I do love you Peter,” she whispered.

Peter smiled in his dreams, believing those words to be a product of them and snuggled into the covers. Ariel smiled again, and then disappeared from the room,

“Cherokee spirits, watch over him, keep him safe.” she muttered a prayer to the spirits Jacobs people were derived from, walking away leaving her gift to Peter and praying for his life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Phew long chapter!
Dun dun dun,what will happen?
Comment and you'll find out soon...
XD
Ariel's necklace
Like?
x