Glades and Playgrounds

Chapter XXV;

“Louder!” Gerard shouted and danced even faster than before, swirling around in the room with his arms spread out. Mikey laughed and turned up the volume with the remote even higher. The music boomed out of the speakers and Gerard laughed and started headbanging in rhythm with it. “Louder!”

Mikey turned it up. The heavy bass made it feel like my whole body was vibrating. I clutched my stomach, laughing at Gerard who looked more like a tornado than anything else, and at Mikey who manically turned the volume up whenever his brother told him to.

“Come on, love!” Gerard called, “Dance with me!”

He grabbed my hand- it was a miracle he could even locate me in the room, he must've been so dizzy- and pulled me up from his bed. He started dancing some kind of tango with me then finally just collapsed on the floor, gasping and laughing. Mikey, who was still laughing, gradually turned the volume down until it was low enough for us to hear each other’s laughs. Gerard’s laugh was really funny since he was lying down.

“I’m so dizzy…” Gerard stated, hand over his eyes and his lips frozen in a smile. “Urgh…”

“We need more chips!” Mikey announced and disappeared out of the bedroom door.

“Come on,” I laughed, “Get up!”

“Can’t… Dizzy…”

I got down on my knees next to him, bent down and kissed him, just because he looked so incredibly irresistible with his hair in a mess like it was right now. Their parents were in New York for the weekend to celebrate their fifteenth anniversary, and Gerard was left in charge over the house and over Mikey under one simple condition: no friends allowed.

And, according to Gerard, I’m not a friend. I’m a boyfriend, so I’m allowed. Guess his parents didn’t think about that.

He moaned when I pulled away from him, licking my lips, “You’re not really helping,” he gasped.

“It’s not my fault you had to spin around like a maniac,” I mumbled and kissed him again. After a few seconds, his hand was on the back of my neck, fingers running through my hair, tongues meeting, and somewhere in the kiss, my brain must have shut off because all I could think about was his lips, his tongue, his body underneath me, his cheekbone that my nose was pressed into, his neck my fingers massaged, Gerard…

“Guys…” I heard Mikey whine behind me and like a lightning, I got all of my senses back and I pulled away. Gerard took a deep breathe as soon as he got access to the air around him and then grinned up at me.

“What Mikes?” I asked and lay down next to Gerard on the floor.

“Don’t do gross stuff when I’m in the room…” he whined childishly and sat down on his bed with a bowl of chips in his lap.

“Then get out of the room…” Gerard said slowly with a teasingly smile, rolling on top of me and looked back over his shoulder to look at Mikey. “You’re just jealous.”

“Maybe I am,” he groaned and ate a chips. “I think I’m going to bed… I’m nauseous.”

“So am I,” I said and tried to get Gerard off of me, “Gerard!”

“Shh, not now, I’m talking to my brother,” he said without moving, still looking over his shoulder at Mikey. Mikey laughed at his brother and ate another chips, “How’s your love-life anyway? You said something about a girl.”

“Yeah well… She’s not here, is she? Plus… We’re not that serious yet.”

“Gerard, for fuck’s sakes… Get off…”

“So how serious are you?” Gerard asked, completely ignoring me so I placed my hands on his shoulders and pressed him away. He frowned and wiggled out of my grip and then grabbed my wrists to stop me.

“Gerard!” I laughed and banged my head backwards in the floor in frustration, “You fatass whale, get off! I can’t breathe!”

“What did you call me?” he laughed, “Huh? What did you call me?”

“He called you a fatass whale,” Mikey said and stuffed his whole mouth full of chips. So much for that nausea.

“Did you call me that?” he asked and pinned my arms to the floor.

“Of course I didn’t…” I smiled sweetly at him.

“That's right. So, Mikes… What’s her name?”

“Why would I tell you?”

I sighed and just relaxed under Gerard’s body and let my head roll to the side, playing dead.

“Why wouldn’t you?”

“Because then you’ll just do something stupid.”

“Like?”

“Like when you told Gracie that I liked her in the seventh grade,” Mikey groaned at the memory.

“But you did like her!”

“Yeah, but I didn’t want you to tell her that!”

“You were together for three months thanks to me!”

“But still… And you should really get off of Frank, he looks pretty dead.”

Gerard looked down on me and noticed my closed eyes, “Yoohoo?” he said in a very high-pitched voice, and I started laughing almost immediately. “He’s fine…”

“Anyway…” Mikey said and put the bowl of chips down on his bedside table. “I’m gonna go brush my teeth. And throw up.”

I thought Gerard would get off as soon as Mikey had left the room, but he didn’t. Instead, he just lay there on top of me, doing nothing but rest his head on my shoulder.

“Get off,” I demanded. “I wanna go to bed.”

“And I want a million dollars. You can’t have it all, love…”

I sighed and accepted my destiny, knowing that I’d be on the floor until Gerard decided to get off. I didn’t know what he was trying to get out of this situation, maybe it was just amusing him. He was stronger than me, so I’d need Mikey’s help if I wanted to get up. Or I could get mad at him, but I didn’t feel like it, so I didn’t do anything. That is until I had an idea.

“Gerard…” I mumbled and slowly tried to free one of my legs from underneath his. He instantly tried to lock it so I wouldn’t be able to move it, but he stopped when he realized I wasn’t gonna do anything but to gently rub his leg with my foot.

“Yeah?”

Instead of answering, I carefully skimmed his cheek with my lips and after a few seconds, I felt his hands relax around my wrists.

“Gerard…” I mumbled again, my voice lower than before and brought my lips closer and closer to his.

“Mmm…?” he closed his eyes as I gently started to bite his bottom lip, getting assistance from my tongue at the same time as he decided to kiss me, and the collision of his kiss almost made me forget about my plan. I exhaled with my nose and slowly brought my hands up from the floor once he had finally let me go and placed them in his back pockets.

“Gerard,” I whispered and squeezed his arse with both of my hands. “Gerard, oh my God… Gerard…”

As my voice became more and more sexual, the more relaxed he got. His hands were on the side of my head as he kissed me more and more passionately for every second that passed, and it wasn’t until now I realized how absolutely amazing it felt when he pressed his hips up and down like that… And with a swift move, my hands were out of his pockets and instead placed on his chest. Before he could even react, I had thrown him off of me and was up from the floor.

“Haha!” I said triumphantly just as Mikey walked in. Gerard, who was lying on his stomach on the floor sighed heavily and muttered a faint ‘bastard…’. “I’m gonna brush my teeth.”

“You think I’m gonna let you sleep here?” Gerard groaned without getting up or turning to lie on his back.

I just smiled and blew him a kiss before walking over to my bag to grab my toothbrush.

“Need help?” I asked and stretched out my hand for him to take it.

“No… No, I think I’m gonna lie here for a while…” he mumbled without looking at me. “I think I… I think I hurt my wrist…”

“What?” I asked and got down on my knees in front of him. He reacted instantly launching himself at me and straddled me, though this time I was sitting up with my back leaning against his bed. I gasped, nearly choking on my own saliva in surprise while he just looked amused. “Get off…”

I poked him in the chest with my toothbrush and he laughed. Surprisingly enough he got off and helped me up without taking revenge.

“Let’s go brush our teeth then,” he said and led me out through the door, hand on my lower back. “Don’t hurt yourself,” he told Mikey who gave him a ‘what the fuck?’-look before lying down under the covers in his bed.

“Where am I gonna sleep? Living room?” I asked as we walked through the dark corridors on our way to the bathroom.

“Now you’re just playing stupid…”

“Am I?” I opened the bathroom door and stepped in, turning on the lights so we were bathing in fluorescent lights. Our skin had the same colour as parchment and our eyes looked dull and even more tired than they were. “You didn’t seriously think I was going to bed with you tonight, did you?”

In the mirror I could see he was struggling hard not to smile where he was standing behind me and then saw his fingers gently move around my waist, settling themselves on my lower stomach. “So you’d rather sleep on the couch… downstairs… all alone, than next to me?”

I smiled at him in the mirror, looked down on his hands than at his face again, “We’ll see…”

He laughed.

“We make a beautiful couple, don’t we?” he asked. Our eyes met in the mirror.

“We do.”

We stood still for a few seconds, just looking at each other and then snapped out of it to brush our teeth.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was supposed to update sooner, but, once again, I had too much to do. Don't blame me, blame the French language for taking up my time. And Smashing Pumpkins.
WOAH, oh right, I went to see them last night! I really recommend their songs, y'all!