Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Music&Lyrics to My Heart

“There are moments when I don’t know if it’s real. Or if anybody feels the way I feel. I need inspiration. Not just another negotiation. All I wanna do is find a way back into love…”

“You know, I think I like her in that pathetic excuse for a horror movie better,” Damon said.

“What horror movie?” I asked. I was watching Music&Lyrics on the couch when Damon up and decided to come over. Still no news about why my mother was in a coma, but Aunt Moira wouldn’t leave me, in any case. As it was, she was in my mom’s room, still asleep, and had no idea Damon was here. I planned to keep it that way.

“The movie where her parents sell her to the devil to keep her alive,” Damon explained boredly.

He was talking about Haley Bennett, who played Cora in Music&Lyrics, a.k.a, the weird Buddha, orgasm loving chic. “Oh, um….Yeah, it’s with Chase Crawford, um…..OH! The Haunting of Molly Hartley.”

“That would be the one.”

“Yeah, Chase Crawford is completely gorgeous,” To which I received a quick glance from Damon for saying that. “but he can’t act.”

When Damon continued staring at me, I was forced to pay attention to him. “What?”

“He’s completely gorgeous, huh?”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, brother. Please don’t do the jealous boyfriend thing if I think an actor is hot.”

“No, that’s not it at all, Love Cakes,” Damon assured, even after I frowned when he called me Love Cakes. “I was just wondering….”

I fluttered my eyelashes. “What were you wondering, Love Muffin?”

Damon didn’t even acknowledge my one chance of a stab at him. Damn. He looked at me seriously. “Is he more gorgeous than me?”

I had to stop myself from laughing. He had such an adorable, mock puppy dog eyes that I said, “No, of course not, Love Muffins.” When he seemed satisfied with that, I said, “Ryan Reynolds is.”

“Isn’t that guy like thirty?” Damon said, wrinkling his nose. “He’s too old for you. I forbid it.”

“Hey….wait…Weren’t you born in like Renaissance times?”

Damon pretended to be absorbed in the movie. “That’s different.”

“Oh, yes, I forgot. Silly me…” When he didn’t add on, I did. “How is that different, exactly?”

“Easy. I at least look like I’m twenty.”

I rolled my eyes. “Oh, brother. You’re so full of shit.”

Damon held onto my waist, nuzzling my cheek and neck. “But you like me, still, don’t you?”

I giggled, vainly trying to shove him away. “Get off, you retard! You’ll wake my aunt!”

Damon did nothing I said, as per usual. “Your aunt’s already awake.”

I looked toward my mom’s door. “No she’s not.”

Damon smirked up at me. “Don’t you think I’d know?”

I stared at him, trying to figure out if he was serious or not. He was, even though he was smirking like the gorgeous idiot he was. “Shit!”

“Shit is right,” My aunt’s voice boomed from behind the couch.

I looked at her from behind the couch, smiling mischievously. Damon smiled innocently. If my aunt fell for that, then she was oh so doomed. “Morning, Aunt Moira!”

Aunt Moira had her skinny arms folded her chest. “You’re mom never said anything about boyfriends.”

No, of course not, she’s in a coma, duh! I thought bitterly. “There’s no boyfriends here, Aunt Moira. This is—”

“Damon Salvatore,” Damon interrupted, holding his hand out to my aunt.

My aunt didn’t give in. She glared at Damon. Okay, I really have to hand it to Aunt Moira—she didn’t fall for Damon’s innocent act. “Charmed, I’m sure. But you’ll be needing to scat.”

I groaned. “C’mon, Aunt Moira—”

Aunt Moira turned her steely glare to me. “No boys here, ‘k? Not while your mom’s not here. I don’t know this boy—”

“Aunt Moira, my mom knows him, ‘k?” Only, she thinks we’re still broken up…. “It’s all good.”

She shook her head. “I don’t think so. Out.”

At this moment, Aunt Moira was grating on my nerves. “Fine,” I grabbed my bag. “See you later, then,” Damon and I started toward the front door.

“I could glamour her, you know,” Damon whispered in amusement.

“Not you, Rachel,” Aunt Moira followed on my heels. “I want to talk to you.”

I sighed dramatically. “About what? Please just let me hang out?”

Aunt Moira shook her head stubbornly. “Sorry, no. I can’t do that. I need to talk to you.”

I had half a mind to stomp out like a little girl. I rolled my eyes. “See you later,” I grumbled to Damon.

He was stifling a laugh. “Sorry,” he muttered before practically running away. Well, if I couldn’t do anything to him, at least my family scared the hell out of him.

I turned back to Aunt Moira dramatically. “Yes, Aunt Moira?”

She sighed and gestured for me to sit down on the couch. We both sat. She fiddled her thumbs awkwardly. “Honey…..you know when you were asking about your father the other day….”

“Yeah…” I answered suspiciously.

Aunt Moira seemed to be having a private battle with herself as she struggled to talk. Finally, she said, “Now I’m only telling you this because I absolutely have to.”

I nodded confusedly. “Okay…”

She sighed in frustration. “Okay. Here goes.” She took a deep breath. “You father knows about your mom, and he’s decided to come down here.”

I jumped off the couch in outrage. “WHAT?!”

Aunt Moira followed me as I raged through the house. “Rachel, that’s not it! He—”

“Don’t call me Rachel!” I raged. “It’s Olivia, for the hundredth time!”

“Olivia, please listen to me,” Aunt Moira asked desperately. “I couldn’t stop him—but wait,” she said after I tried interjecting again. “He’s bringing someone with him.”

“This isn’t the circus! He can’t just bring a friend!” I screamed angrily. “God, he has got some nerve! Who is he bringing, a friend? His new wife?”

“No, honey. His name is Simon. He’s eleven,” Aunt Moira said calmly. “He’s Dan’s son.”

Dan is my dad. And he has a son. “Wow. He sure knows how to pick the girls who already have kids—”

“No, Rach—Olivia. Simon is eleven. He’s the son of Amelia—the lady Dan left your mom for….”

“Oh my God….” I had automatically thought Simon was the son of my dad’s new bride. But…. “So this kid….Simon….he’s my….”

“Yes,” Aunt Moira said, as though telling me my grandmother had just died. “He’s your little brother. He was born two years before Dan left Helen….Rachel?”

I waved her off. “I’m fine, I’m just…..I’m fine….When will they be here?”

“Tomorrow.”

I nodded dazedly. “Good…..good….I’m just gonna be in my room for a while….”

Aunt Moira didn’t try to stop me as I shuffled mutely to my room, and shut the door behind me. I put on my music and sat at my desk chair, staring out the window.

I have a brother….
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah, it's short, but it's an update, one I hadn't expected for a few more weeks. So, anyway, I can't likely say when the next chapter will be out, but hopefully soon. I'm still not sure of the terms of agreement on me being grounded, as my mother has let me on for a few hours. It took forever to catch up, she doesn't realize she was taking away my entire life line,lol.

Oh, yeah, and my friend got sprayed by a skunk. Yeah, how stupid of him(it was his dog's fault, to be honest, but whatever)

Sorry again and please be patient with me! Thanks for hanging in there this long, you guys are amazing!