Sequel: Say You Remember Me

Say You Love Me Damon Salvatore

Elena Gives Unintentional Dirt

I never told Steph about my other dream-nightmare. When I came to school Monday, guess who was the first to approach me? The very last girl I wanted to see.
I crossed my arms, making my voice cold. “What do you want?”
Juliet’s face fell. “Liv, can we please talk?”
“About what? How you spread rumors all around the school?”
“I’m sorry, Liv. You know my big mouth—“
“You big mouth is what—“ I stopped myself, taking a deep breath. “Whatever.”
“Look, I told everyone I lied. I’m so, so sorry! Please believe me, Liv. I just got carried away, that’s all! I swear. Please, can you ever forgive me?”
I stared at her, her eyes watering. Rolling my eyes, I said, “Jewels, you are so pathetic.”
She squealed, hugging me tight. “I’m so sorry!”
“Yeah, I know.” And I just won’t tell you anything ‘big’ ever again, I thought.
“And to show how sorry I am, I swiped this from your mom,” Juliet held my IPod. “I put some new songs on there for you, too.”
“Like what?” I asked, turning my beautiful black IPod on.
Juliet started counting off her fingers, “Evanescence, Rise Against, Three Days Grace, Muse, Aqua—“
“You seriously put Aqua on there?” I nearly screamed. I scanned the IPod vigorously.
Juliet giggled. “No, I’m kidding. Um….you sing…right?”
I stared at her. “Sure, why?”
She shifted. “Well, you know Delaney?”
Delaney was Juliet’s friend—which was surprising since Jewels was girly and Delaney was really rock and roll-ish—who was in this band called F.I.R.E. Occasionally, Jewels would sing for them, but only if they were singing a slow song. They, as far as I knew, had no official lead singer, though. Delaney just sang backup. They were actually really good; I’d gone to a few of their gigs.
“Yeah, of course I remember her.”
“Well….” She smiled.
“Jewels…”
“They know you’re really into music and everything, so….I told ‘um you can sing and…”
“Oh, no, Juliet…”
“Surprise! They want you to sing for this gig and then, if they like you, will talk about you being their lead singer!”
I groaned. “You already said I would, didn’t you?”
Juliet nodded sheepishly. “But I can tell them—“
I sighed. “Forget it.” I had the pleasure of seeing Juliet’s face fall again before I said, “Tell ‘um I’m in.”
Juliet squealed again, hugging me. “Thank you! Practice is tomorrow after school at Delaney’s place.”
I nodded. “Okay. I’ll be there.”
I can’t believe I agreed to sing for them. I never sing in front of anyone. Not seriously, anyway. What had I been thinking?! I was gonna faint!
I walked toward my next class in a daze, wondering if there was any way to take back what I had said about singing for Delaney’s band. I must have been really out of it, because I didn’t even move when I felt people brushing past me, nudging my shoulders. Then I slammed into something hard. Snapping out of it, I immediately thought, ‘Oh, God, please don’t be a wall!’ But it was more embarrassing than that.
Black eyes stared at me in amusement. “Glad you ran into me. I’ve been needing to ask if the elevator broke down.”
My cheeks heated up. “No, it did not break down. I have to get to class. Move.”
Damon raised a brow. “That’s very demanding on you. What gives? You don’t like me anymore?”
My anger flared. “I never liked you in the first place!”
“Touchy much?”
Oh, I could really slap him.
“Damon,” a soft voice said from behind me. I didn’t have to turn around to know who it was, just by the look on Damon’s face. “I think that’s enough,” Elena said.
Damon’s eyes were no longer amused but dark. I felt something at that moment, from him. Elena had really made Damon out to be the bad guy, but, how it seemed at that moment, Elena had done something. She had scorned Damon somehow.
My mind was racing. Then one thought finally settled.
Ah, sweet revenge.
Whatever it was that had happened between Dear Salvatore and Elena, I was going to find out. And in doing so, reverse the viscous cycle Damon had started; it was time to make his life a living hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, really short here. I had to post something, though. I think I finally have a hold of what I'm going with this story and I really like it. Now, hopefully, it'll start to get good