You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

01

Image

"And this will be your room"Mrs.O'Callaghan said as she opened the bedroom door and held it open for me as I walked into the beautifully decorated guest room that would temporarily be my room.

"I love it! Thank you so much, For everything"I said as I smiled and looked around the room.

"Of course! Its going to be so much fun having another girl around the house. Besides, you're mother is like my sister, I would do anything for her daughter. I mean I would rather have you stay at my house then that boarding school"

"Thank you so much again. I love it" I smiled as I gave her a gentle hug.

"Shall we continue the tour?"She asked as I let go of her.

"Sure"I laughed.

"Well, thats the closet right over there"She said pointing to the door on the far side of the room "And this door here"She said as she led me to the door
"Is the bathroom, that also leads into my son Johns room"She finished as she opened the door and we stepped inside.
"There are two sinks, so you can each just divide this bathroom if you wish. Or you could just use the one down the hall if you prefer. This door right here"She said as she put her hand on the door knob
"Is my son Johns room" She said as she pushed the door open and we just looked inside to see a fairly clean room. She then closed it and we walked out of the bathroom back into my bedroom

"Feel free to decorate this room anyway you please"She smiled.

"Thanks Mrs. O'Callaghan"

"Please, call me Cindy"She said as she put her arm around my shoulders and gave my shoulder a squeeze.

"Okay"I smiled.

"You look so much like your mother as a teenager. You're 18 right?"

"I am"I smiled as we walked back down the staircase.

Mrs.O'Callaghan, well Cindy, and my mother have been friends since kindergarten. Even thought they live in different states, they managed to keep in touch. This was actually the first time I had ever met Cindy. But her and my mother are so much alike I can see why they are friends. They graduated college together and thats when I guess they separated, but stayed as close as ever. I knew for the first few days this was going to be awkward. Staying with the O'Callaghans, I mean this was the first time I was meeting them, and I haven't even met her 20 year old son and her 13 year old son.

I mean I know who her 20 year old son John is. I'm very much a fan of his music. Which amazed me when I first found out that my moms long time friend Cindy was actually the mother of the John O'Callaghan. I'm not a crazy fan or anything like that. I just think his music is fairly decent.

My parents enrolled me in the boarding school, well Prep Academy for my last year of school because well my older sister went there for her last year and so they think I should too. I basically follow in my sisters footsteps. But the difference this time is I'm not staying at the school, I'm staying at the O'Callaghans which I love so much better. I'd rather not live at school.

I don't mind going to the school as much. The uniforms cute. The basic plaid attire which I happen to love.

"Well that concludes the tour of the house"Cindy said as we reached the bottom of the staircase."I'm going to start dinner"

"Want me to help? I would love too"I offered

"How about another night sweety? Why don't you go and get settled in?"

"A shower sounds really good actually."I smiled.

"Knock yourself out"She laughed and walked into the kitchen.

I smiled as I jogged back up the stairs and went to my bags that were against the wall next to the door of my new bedroom.

I grabbed my towel,shampoos, change of clothes and everything I needed. I walked into the bathroom that was in my room.

I turned on the shower and felt the water to make sure it was warm. After I was satisfied I started to get undressed and then hopped into the shower.

It felt so nice standing under the warm water. I closed my eyes as I loved the sensation.

After a few minutes I heard the bathroom door open and my eyes shot open. I gripped the curtain and peeked my head out to seen none other then John O'Callaghan

"What are you doing in here?"I squeaked

"This is my bathroom"He said rolling his eyes.

"But I'm taking a shower"I said with more force in my voice

"Okay?...."He said like he didn't care at all. Of course not.

"Get out?"

"Thats why there's a curtain there, so I cant see anything"He said rolling his eyes again

"Please get out. I like to take showers with no one else in the bathroom"I said trying to keep my cool. He was being a jackass.

"Fine,I just needed this"He said holding up his floss and I shook my head and watched him walk out of the bathroom.

I can already tell we arnt going to be friends. Joy.

~~

"This is so delicious"I said as I scooped some more mashed potatoes onto my spoon and ate it."mmm" It was the best I had ever tasted

"Well thank you sweety, special recipe" Mrs.O'Callaghan chuckled.

"Well I'm going out"John said as he pushed his seat back and got up

"Where are you going honey?"Mrs.O'Callaghan asked John.

"Chill with the guys. Hit a movie, crash a party, whatever"John shrugged.

"Alright, well I was thinking it would be a good idea if you showed Aubrey around town tomorrow" Cindy said

John looked at me and he basically looked me down. I felt so self conscience at that moment. This boy did not like me one bit.

"No its fine, I don't really need to know where anything is, its not important, I'm only going to be going to school anyway"I spoke up.

"Are you sure you don't want a tour?" Cindy asked kindly.

John definitely did not want to spend one second with me. Thats the vibe I was definitely getting.

"Yeah I'm sure"I smiled.

"Peace"John said and walked out of the kitchen and then moments later we heard the door slam shut.

Johns 13 year old brother Shane, who I happened to take a liking to right away, started to talk about his baseball game and I soon zoned out wondering what I did already to make John not like me.

I mean I didn't know if he didn't like me, I mean he doesn't even know me, but you know when you could instantly tell when someone doesn't want to be around you? Well thats how I feel with him.

Not a problem I guess. I don't need to be friends with him. But hes so darn cute. Ill get past that. All the hot guys always have to be jerks. Go figure. Its either there complete jackasses or they have a girlfriend. There is never a normal hot guy.

~~

"Night Aubrey"Shane yawned as he gave me a hug and went off to bed

"Night Shane"I smiled as he left the living room leaving me alone to watch Beauty and the Beast. All time classic.

Around ten minutes later I heard his voice. Well not his voice, but a laugh that I knew belonged to him.

"What?"I asked as I turned my head in the direction the laugh came from which was the entrance to the living room. Of course he was standing there chuckling as he watched the TV.

"Not surprised your watching this"He simply replied.

"Whats the mean?"I asked glaring slightly

"Exactly that"He shrugged. I shifted a bit on the couch. He definitely made me nervous and uncomfortable...

"Why do you hate me?You don't know me"I heard myself say. I did not mean to say that at all. It just slipped.

I saw his eyes move from the TV to me and he looked into my eyes for a few seconds then simply replied

"I don't hate you"in his usual tone and then just turned and left the living room.

That was weird. Hes weird. I'm staying far away from him as much as possible.

Hahaha yeah right, even I know thats impossible.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dont really know if Johns mom is Cindy haha My creation:)

Comment and tell me what you think. The first chapter is
always BLAHHHH but it gets better, I promise.
COMMENT SUBSCRIBE.