You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

02

Image

"Hello?"I asked as I answered my cell phone as I was walking down the hallway of my new school to my next class.

"Hey honey, I'm sorry to bother you, I didn't know if you would pick up, I was just going to leave you a voice mail I thought you would get later"Mrs.O'Callaghan chuckled into the phone

"No problem Cindy, whats up?"I asked with a light laugh.

"Johns going to be picking you up from school today"

I Stopped in the middle of the hallway and a few people ran into me, but then kept walking

"Which John? Your husband or son?"I asked as I prayed she would say husband

"My son"She laughed "He'll be right outside when schools over."

"Thanks"I said the happiness gone out of my voice.

"See you sweety"She said cheery

"Bye"I said faking happiness and then hung up.

This is going to be an awkward car ride. I bet he put up a fight about having to come get me. If only my parents let me take my car out here. But nooo. They were convinced I wouldn't really need it. Stupid parents.

I walked down the halls aggravated. I was mumbling as I slipped my phone into my messenger bag.

After last night when John said he didn't hate me I felt better. You know, knowing he didn't hate me made me feel relieved, I mean I have to live in the same house as him. And sometime share the same bathroom as him.

But this morning I made sure I didn't use the one that was connected to both our rooms. I didn't want to turn on the shower due to the fact he was still sleeping. So I thought.

After I was done getting ready for school, I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen to see him sitting there eating cereal at the kitchen table.

I didn't feel nervous or anything to have him be the only one in there. After last night I thought I would stop getting that vibe from him, but right after he opened his mouth and simply said "Cute uniform" I instantly became uncomfortably again.

But the funny part was something about him drew me in.

I walked into my classroom and took a seat in the middle of the classroom. Of course me not having gone to this school for my freshman,sophomore,or junior year, I didn't know anyone. But thats okay. That was always the fun part, meeting new people. My first class went excellent. Every one wanted to know the new girl. I didn't mind at all. Everyone was friendly.

"Is this seat taken?"A boy asked as he indicated to the seat next to me

"Nope, go ahead" I said to him

"Alright"He smiled as he sat next to me. What a cute smile.

"You're new this year right? Like this is your first year?" He asked starting conversation

"It is"I smiled

"Well I'm Josh"

"I'm Aubrey" I said as I couldn't stop smiling at him. He sure was cute.

~~

I waited on the sidewalk of my school for John, who I wasn't surprised was late. Even though Cindy told me he would be here when school got out, go figure, he wasn't.

"You okay?"I heard and I turned my head to the left to see Josh walking over to me.

"I'm fine, I'm just waiting for my ride, who happens to be late, stupid jerk"I said under my breath as I gripped my cellphone in both my hands

He chuckled. "Want me to wait with you? I mean I have nothing better to do, I live here on campus"

Wow now I really wish I lived on campus....

"If you don't mind..."Of course I wanted him to wait with me. He was a sweetheart. Not like certain guys I have met.

"Of course not. So is your dad picking you up?"He asked as he stood next to me

"Nah, I'm staying with my moms friends for this semester. My moms friends son John is picking me up"

"Ohh. Okay. So will you be living on campus next semester?"

"I'm not exactly sure yet."I shrugged.

"Oh well thats cool I guess"He said and we just stared at each other and broke out in smiles.

Then a black car pulled up in front of us. "I guess this is my ride. See ya tomorrow Josh"I smiled

"Definitely"He smiled back"Have a good night Aubrey"

"You too"I said and opened the car door "See ya"I said one last time before I got in the car.

John started moving and I slipped my messenger bag into the backseat.

"Who was that?"John asked casually as he didn't take his eyes off the road.

"A kid in my class"I said simply. Obviously I was not going to share with him what I thought about Josh. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that. Well I don't feel comfortable with him as it is.

After that the car ride was silent. I just played with my cell phone in my hands. Why do I always feel nervous around John? When I'm nervous I fidget with my hands and thats exactly what was happening. My cell phone was moving back and forth.

"Thanks for the ride, you know"I said softly as the awkward silence was getting to me. I mean it wasn't awkward, but it just was. I don't even know.

"Sure"He said simply.

I rolled my eyes discreetly and looked back out the window. Why cant I get through to him?
Whats wrong with me?

After getting sick of looking out the window, I was starting to feel dizzy, I looked down at my lap at my plaid skirt.

This was the longest car ride of my life. God I hope this is the last time he ever picks me up. But the funny thing is, I like being in his presence. As much as he must hate being in mine, I cant help it. There's something about him that I love. I obviously have issues. I mean the only thing I know is that he treats me like I'm nothing. He could care less who I was. He obviously doesn't want to get to know me better, while I want to know everything about him.

Can you say I have problems?

As soon as we pulled into the driveway I sighed in relief, and I wasn't sure if he caught that.

As soon as he stopped I hopped out of the car. I opened the back door and grabbed my bag, swung it over my shoulder and started walking to the door, doing my best to ignore John as I knew he was walking behind me.

"Aubrey!"Shane said as soon as I walked through the front door.

"Hey buddy"I laughed as I set my bag down right next to the door and gave Shane a hug.
Why couldn't John be like him?

As soon as we let go I heard the front door close indicating John was inside.

"John, Eric and and Max ate all of our food"Shane laughed

"I doubt they ate all of our food"John laughed as he ruffled Shane's hair as he passed and jogged up the stairs.

"Who's Eric and Max?"I asked Shane as we walked into the kitchen

"Johns friends, they're here in his room with him, they eat a lot"

"Oh thats cool"I laughed as I opened the fridge and grabbed all the fruits I could find

"What you eating?"Shane asked.

"I'm making a fruit salad. Do you want some?"I asked as I placed the peaches, apples, and oranges on the table and went back to the fridge to grab the rest of the fruits.

"Yes! Mom always used to make them for me, but she doesn't anymore" He said as he hopped up on a stool and sat at the counter/island.

"Speaking of which, how long do your parents work again?"

"Dads schedule changes because he travels, but mom usually gets home around 5 on normal days"

"What do you do for dinner?"I asked as I placed the berry's on the counter as well and went back to grab the bananas.

"Mom makes it when she gets home"

"Oh okay"I said as I found some pineapples already cubed and placed them on the counter too.

"Ill be right back, I have to go change out of my baseball clothes"Shane said and I didn't even realize he was still in his uniform

"Alright. I'm just going to cut the fruit"I said as I went and grabbed a cutting board and a knife as Shane walked out of the kitchen.

I grabbed a big bowel also to put the fruit in after it was cut.

I started humming as I started cutting the bananas.

"Oh hey"A kid I recognized as Eric from A Rocket To The Moon said.

"Hey"I smiled as I continued cutting.

"You're Aubrey right?"He asked

"I am"I smiled as I picked up the bananas that I had cut and put them into the bowel.

"Whatcha making?"He asked as he stood right across from me as he watched me start cutting the peaches into perfect little squares

"I'm making myself and Shane a fruit salad. Would you like some?"

"Nah thats fine"He smiled"I'm Eric by the way"

"Oh I know"I replied

"You know?"He asked and I looked up at him and stopped cutting

"I'm a fan of your music"I smiled

"You are?John never mentioned that"

"I'm a fan of his music too, just, me and John don't talk. So...."

"Oh alright"He said nodding.

After I finished cutting the peaches I moved on to the apples.

"You go to that prep academy don't you?"He asked smiling. I liked him. He was super nice, and at least his vibe was nice

"I do, how did you figure that out?"I laughed

"That uniform had nothing to do with it, I swear"He laughed.

"Yo, whats taking you so long to get water?"John asked as he walked into the kitchen followed by another.

"I'm making friends"Eric smiled at me and I returned it and went back to my fruit salad.

"Yeah thats great"John said as he walked over to the fridge.

As soon as I finished cutting all the fruit, I mixed all the fruits together and placed the bowel back on the counter and went to grab two bowels for me and Shane.

"So Aubrey"Eric started

"Yes?"I smiled as I looked away from the fruit I was putting into the bowels and up at him

"I was thinking we should hang-"And then John cut him off

"Lets go man"He said shoving a water bottle into his arms, and basically started dragging him out of the kitchen

"I guess ill talk to you later?"He called over his shoulder to me

"Yeah"I smiled as they then left the kitchen.

God Johns rude.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo due to some information I had aquired from Stay fuhhking gold! , Johns brother is really named Shane and is 13. So if you hadnt noticed, I changed it to that. Just letting you know:)

Sooo comment and tell me if I should go on with this story.
I want to know if its a waste of my time writing it.