You Had Me Wishing We Were Something

31

Image

As it was already Friday and John was coming to pick me up so we could go bowling. I was beyond excited. I mean it was a date. A date with John. Things finally seem to be falling into place.

I was going to be babysitting Shane on Saturday and Sunday, so I was spending the night on Saturday. Everything was perfect. The whole week me and John were inseparable. He actually crashed in my dorm everyday that week.

Lydia was already used to John being there that she didn't get scared when she randomly saw him sitting on my bed.

She was convinced we were dating or something. But we weren't. Sigh.

"One sec John"I said as I opened my dorm room door "I cant find my purse"I whined as I went back to rummaging through my room.

"You don't need your purse. It doesn't matter. Wanna go?"

"Yes I do need my purse"I huffed

"For what? Makeup?"John chuckled.

"I also have my wallet in there"I said as I crouched down and looked under my bed

"You don't need your wallet. Why would you need it? You aren't paying for anything"He said as I stood up and he was rolling his eyes.

"I need to rent bowling shoes and whatever"

"Yes, and I'm paying"John said as he extended his hand out to me as he was holding a bouquet of daisies.

"Awe"I smiled as I took the flowers. How perfect? So classy.

I buried my face in the flowers and John laughed lightly. "You ready now?"

"No, I still need my wallet" I said taking my face away from the flowers.

"Its a date. The guys pays.Lets go" He said grabbing my hand and pulling me towards the door.

"Ok. Fine"I laughed and tossed the flowers onto my bed just as John pulled me out of the room.

~~

"You have to promise not to make fun of me"I said as me and John were already at the bowling alley, at our lane, as I sat on the bench tying my ugly bowling shoes.

"I Promise"He smiled.

"Okay,here I go"I said as I stood up as John was sitting on the bench and grabbed the ball.

"Put your fingers in the whole"John said as I looked back at him and faced him as he was smiling.

"Its heavy"I whined as the I held the ball

"Put your other hand under it until"He chuckled.

"No laughing"

"Promise"He said smiling as I went and faced the lane. I walked up to the line that was marked for as far as I could go and released the ball.

About a second of being on the lane, it went to the side.

"This is lame"I said a tad mad.

John just chuckled. "Here let me help"He said as he was behind me in moments."Okay take the ball"He said as he handed me the ball from behind.

I took the ball and put my fingers threw the wholes.

"Alright"John said as he put his arms around me from behind,one hand on my hip, and the other on the bottom of the bowling ball.

My heart was racing. I loved the closeness

"Now step forward"John said as he guided me forward "raise your arm back" He said as he led me so "Now release with ease"he said in my ear sending tingles from my head to my toes but I released the ball.

We watched the ball go down the lane, as Johns hands now rested on my hips as he still held me from behind.

The ball hit the pins. Knocking down all of them "Strike"John said with a laugh.

"Yay!"I said clapping my hands and started jumping up and down and John laughed as I turned around and hugged him as I was still jumping.

"Piece of cake right?"John chuckled as I stopped jumping but was still extremely happy.

"To bad I wont be able to do that again. But that was awesome" I smiled as John smiled back.

We just stood there smiling at each other. I noticed John was starting to lean down. Now my heart was really going. Just as he was about an inch from my lips we were interrupted. Go figure.

"This is going to be awesome!, Yo Aubrey! John!" Me and John immediately looked to the right to see all the group walking towards us, with Pat in the front basically running.

"You have got to be kidding"John groaned

"how did they know we would be here?"I asked looking back up at John

"I told Pat we were hanging out here tonight, I didn't think the stupid asshole would think it was an open invitation."

"So he doesn't know its a date?"

"No"John groaned as we watched them all come more into view as they were almost at our lane

"Fuck, Amber's here"John said with an irritated sigh

"So is Eric"I said softly.

"Bowling! This is gonna be fucking fun"Nick said excitedly as the whole gang now stood in front of us.

"Yay fun"I said trying to keep the sarcasm out of my voice. Come on, me and John were on a DATE.

"Lets do teams"Garrett said and I guess he automatically became a team captain.

I sat on the bench next to Eric. It was the only spot left and I sat down awkwardly.

Some how me and John ended up on separate teams. Go fucking figure.

"Hey Aubs, hows it going?"Eric asked with a smile. I couldnt help but smile back, confused though

"Absolutely great"I smiled.

"Thats awesome.Ive been sleeping till noon these past days"He chuckled. How is this happening? Hes acting...normal. Like we never dated. Never broke up. We were drama free. Just friends again. It was nice. I couldn't help but smile

"School keeps me from doing that"I laughed and Eric smiled. Awe I miss this boy

"Aubs, your up"Pat informed me as he sat behind the score keeping thing. Yeah, I don't know anything about bowling things.

I sighed and got up. I grabbed a ball and walked up to the lane. The ball basically weighing down my arm.

I looked down the lane, a little distracted at the others in the alley bowling.

"John, I cant do this, help me"I whined as I turned around and faced him as he sat next to Kennedy and fucking Amber.

"Okay"John said as he started instructing me "First off, take a step back"He chuckled.

I did as he said and took a big step back.

"Yo, Stop helping her. Shes on the opposing team"Nick said with a laugh. John just playfully rolled his eyes."Hold the ball firmly, take a giant step forward, and then release the ball as soon as you take your step" He instructed.

I nodded and did as he said.

I watched the ball roll down the lane, not on the side so, so far so good.

It crashed into the pins, each one knocking the other down.

"Yay"I said as I started jumping up and down

"Good job man, you got her a strike"Nick joked.

I just smiled as John chuckled and I walked back over to my spot next to Eric to see that Justin had taken it.

"Hey"I whined as I stood in front of him

"Sorry Hun"He smiled.

I just huffed and planted myself on Eric's lap not feeling awkward at all for doing so.

Eric just chuckled as he wrapped an arm around my waist to balance me better.

Felt like old times. Very comforting.

"Never bowled I'm guessing? Pretty good for a first timer"Eric smiled.

"Nope. But its fun. Irritating at times. But none the less, fun"I smiled. It was nice talking to him. It was like everything was lost and forgotten. He didn't question why I never answered the phone on him, he didn't talk about our relationship, it was back to the days when we were good friends.

"Thats all that counts right?"He smiled

"Definitely." As the other team went to bowl, me and Eric didn't even pay attention. We just talked and laughed with each other. Sigh, I can see why I liked this boy so much. And actually sitting on his lap, being so close, made it worse that I had actually lost him. But then I thought to John. I loved him. Eric could just never compare to him. No matter what he did or said.

Me and Eric were lost in a thumb war, laughing and acting crazy as Pat announced to us that after John bowled it was Eric's turn

"Alright"Eric smiled and we went back to goofing around.

I looked up automatically and caught Johns eyes as he was getting ready to bowl. He looked sad and broken down. I just shrugged it off as I felt Eric put pressure on my thumb and I got my thumb out of his hold and then tried to get his down. What a pointless game, but fun.

I let out a laugh as Eric beat me and I couldn't get out of it.

I looked up again just as John swung the ball down the lane and simply turned around and went back to his seat. Not even looking to see if he knocked any pins down.

"Yo, you're up"Pat informed Eric

"Alright"He said as I got up off his lap so he could go.

I sat down in his seat and looked over to the other side were the other team sat.

Seeing John and Amber laughing together doesn't make me feel great and ecstatic.

She was playfully messing with his hair while he tried to stop her and she was squirming. They actually looked cute. I was envious. THIS WAS MY DATE.

I didn't even realize Eric had went as he was now standing in front of me. I got up absentmindedly and let him sit while I again planted myself on his lap. I was lost in thought

"Lets eat"Max announced as I saw him and Morgan stand up.

"Yeah"Everyone agreed.

"We'll finish this after. I'm fucking starving"Nick laughed

Everyone started walking up to the upper level that was also a pizza place. I got up off Eric's lap and he started walking with the group. I just stood there but started walking slowly as Amber and John stood up

Amber started walking first and before John could continue, I grabbed his hand, stopping him.

I watched as everyone was out of hearing and turned back to John

"I though this was our date?"I asked a little harshly

"I could be asking you the same thing"John said as he looked over my shoulder and I know he was looking at Eric

"I don't like you with Amber"I said simply.

"Well I don't like you with Eric"John said in the same tone as me.

"This isn't going any way as I thought it would"I said softly

"Me either. Not much of a date. Lets try again? Next week? Without everyone?"

"Alright"I smiled as I nodded"This time we are going ice skating though"

"I cant ice skate though"He smiled

"Well I cant bowl"I laughed.

John just smiled down at me

"Yo! You guys come on!"Pat called over to us.

John rolled his eyes.

"As much as I love them, I rather them not be here"

"That makes two of us"John sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
AH! your comments mean the world to me!
Thank you sooo much