I Never Told a Lie, and That Makes Me a Liar

Seven : The Date

Sarah’s POV

It has been about an hour since I screamed at Amber.

I feel like calling her back and apologizing but I can’t because it’s true and she needed to know how I really felt about her.

I glanced over at Joe.

These past couple days have been full of love, hate, heartbreak and the cold truth.

“Sarah?” Joe appeared in front of me.

“Huh? Oh hey.” I smiled, coming out of my trance.

“Everything okay?” He asked, sitting down across from me.

“Oh yeah.” I lied.

“So, I heard about taking out Alex. Did you guys hit it off?” I tried to sound happy for them even though Alex was stabbing me in the back because it was obvious that I liked Joe.

He leaned in for a moment and whispered,” Don’t tell her but I really didn’t ask her out. She asked me out and I couldn’t refuse.” He said, his voice soothing my body with his words.

“So, how’s touring going?” I tried to change the subject.

“It’s okay. It’s fun.” He smiled.

“We’re here for about a good 6 months before we go back in for another tour.” He added.

I smiled, letting him know that I was listening.

“You know, Sarah.” For some reason, those words made me nervous.

“Seeing you again has made my life complete. You’ve been on my mind. I always wanted to call but the funny thing is I thought you wouldn’t want to speak to me again.” He laughed but I knew he meant it.

“Same here, actually.” I smiled powerfully, biting my lip.

“Sarah!” I turned around to see a happy, familiar woman.

“Mrs. Jonas. It’s nice to see you again!” I got up and wrapped my arms around her.

“Oh my. You’ve gotten big. And beautiful. You look so much like your mother! How is she doing?” She couldn’t stop smiling.

“Oh well you know, I moved out and she’s still living up in New York.” I smiled.

“Joe was right! You have extremely pretty. The guys must be all over you!” She smiled, as I followed her in the kitchen.

Joe said I was pretty?

My face had a big ole smile plastered on it.

“Hey mom.” Kevin said as he and Joe walked in.

I sat on one of the stools and leaned on the counter/table thing.

“Hello?” Kevin said.

I thought he was talking to me, but he was on the phone.

“Sure.” Kevin smiled and then covered the speaking hole.

“I just asked Alex on a date. She wants to know if you can come too.” Kevin smiled.

“Me, you and Alex on a date? Uh no thanks.” He said, looking at Kevin as if he were crazy.

“No stupid. Bring a girl.” He smiled.

Joe looked over at me.

“Wanna go with them? I-I mean it won’t be a date unless you want it to be, I don’t c-care.” Joe stuttered.

“It’s a date.” I smiled.

He smiled back then looked away quickly.

“Yep. Okay. I’ll see you at 8.” Kevin said.

“Yeah you can meet here.”

“Okay, bye.” He hung up the phone.

“Alex is going to meet us here.” Kevin said, walking upstairs.

“Joe. Sorry to ask. But can I borrow your car for a little? I need to go to the store and then get ready. I’ll bring it back in one piece.” I smiled.

“Sure!” He yelled at me, little scary.

“Okay.” Scared, but I knew he meant no harm.

***

I arrived at the mall and bought an outfit for tonight.

Image

***

I drove back home and parked on the street because there was no room in the garage for two cars.

“Amber. Get down here!” I yelled, needing to set things straight.

No one answered.

“Whatever!” I yelled up.

I smiled at my new clothes and ran to take a shower.

***

“I’m leaving now!” I glanced at the clock that read 7:30 p.m

I walked outside and into Joe’s car and drived to his house where I met up with Alex, Joe and Kevin.

We were going to a bar/club and this one you had to be 18 which all of us were but you had to be 21 for drinks which Kevin and Alex where but it’s all good.

We all carpooled in one the Jonas’ trucks.

We all sat down at the table.

Drunk people were getting up on stage, singing karaoke.

“Sweet home Alabama!” A chick sang in the microphone.

“Isn’t that Amber?” Kevin pointed to the girl singing.

I spazzed and turned my head.

“Amber?” I couldn’t believe my eyes!
♠ ♠ ♠
:D
I'm proud of myself for writing.
Comment and subscribe please :)