Obsessively Compulsively In Love

One

I was at my locker when I spotted him. I watched him from the corner of my eye sitting on the lunch table. He was all I actually saw. In my mind, no one else was there. It was just me and him in this whole school of at least 1,500 people. He was gorgeous; there was no doubt about it. His light brown hair that fell over his cerulean eyes made go week at the knees. He was well built and pretty tall and was the captain of the basketball team. He was what every girl wanted, he was what I wanted. Too bad I couldn’t have him. I couldn’t have him at all because he was taken.

Ben Harper, the most handsome guy at Lake View High School, was taken to Samantha Rythe, my best friend.

Samantha was your typical blonde hair blue eyed girl. But she always put brown contacts instead of keeping her regular blue eyes. She was the girl next door to everyone. She was nice and thoughtful and very gorgeous. She was also very smart, straight A’s to be exact.

I didn’t plan on falling for my best friend’s boyfriend. It sort of just happened. Heck, I didn’t even know she was his girlfriend when I met him. He was so sweet to me. I had fallen down the stairs, nothing too serious or anything, and all of my books went flying out of my hands. I would have been so embarrassed if he hadn’t come and helped me. Ben picked up all my books while I just sat on the ground looking dumbfounded. He handed them to me, helped me up and winked at me! He actually winked at me. He brushed past me and I followed him with my eyes. I wanted to see where he was headed. Don’t ask me why, I just did. That’s when I saw my best friend. Samantha came into view and I saw her look at him. There was this weird feeling in my stomach when she was staring at him. I wanted to claw her eyes out for looking at him. Then I saw Ben run up to her and kiss her. My world shattered at that exact moment. I didn’t know he was taken, let alone to her. I was so depressed that day that I ignored everyone, especially Samantha and Ben.

I didn’t want to speak to either of them. I was so crushed that I locked myself in my room for days. When Samantha came over my mom told her that I wasn’t feeling well. I missed three whole days of school because of them. When I came back I pretended nothing was wrong and I was a happy little person. Boy was I a good actress. I hung out with Samantha and with Ben when he was with us. It killed me to see them together, cuddling up and kissing each other every so often. It sickened me. But, neither of them knew that and I was going to keep it that way.

I was still staring at that spot on the lunch table when I noticed he wasn’t there anymore. I searched frantically for him when I saw that he was headed towards me. I sighed softly and stared at him. I almost didn’t realize Samantha was next to him, holding his hand. I silently groaned to myself and looked inside my locker. Maybe they didn’t notice me staring. I hope they didn’t. That would have been hard to explain.

There was a tap on my shoulder so I turned around. I knew it was them and I couldn’t really ignore them anymore. “Hey Samantha,” I said cheerfully. I slowly looked up at Ben and nodded at him. “Hi Ben.”

“Britney, do you want to come over my house and study with me and Ben?” she asked me. She looked so happy when she talked about Ben. Actually, she’s been happy ever since they started going out. It should have been me though. Not her, me.

I looked down at my shoes. I didn’t want to be caught staring at Ben right now. “Uh, sure Sam. I would love to,” I told her. I spoke so softly because whenever he was around I could barely make a coherent sentence. I heard Samantha clap and then laugh.

“Great! I’ll see you at my house at 4:00 sharp,” she said. I just nodded and turned back towards my locker.

“Bye Britney.” My heart stopped beating. My name coming out of his mouth was like a dream come true. He’s said plenty of times but I just can’t get over how his voice sounds like velvet when he does say it. I quickly turned back around to see them already at the other end of the hall; his arm was wrapped around her waist. I could see the way his kept rubbing up and down her arm. It should have been my arm he was rubbing, not her arm. I looked down and glared at the dirty. There was no point in going through this again. It would just make things worse.

I heard the bell ring signaling it was time to go to our last class of the day. Mine was history, boring history. I was just glad neither Ben nor Samantha was in there. I sighed as I closed my locker and headed towards my history class. Just two more hours until I saw Ben’s perfect face and perfect body. Too bad he wasn’t mine. He couldn’t be mine and that was just wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, here's chapter 1. Chapter 2 is coming now.
I hope you guys enjoy this. Remember it's for a contest.
Link to contest is in summary.