True Love Never Dies

Chapter 1

"Doctor there's too much bleeding!" Nurse Mae declared as she dabbed the wound with cotton rolls, there never seemed to be enough cotton to take the flow of red goo. Nurse Mae turned to the paramedic, "Name?"
"A Mrs Eve Wright, nurse!" The Med replied.
"What happened to her?" Mae asked quickly.
"She was caught in the cross-fire of a drive-by. She crashed and was trapped in her car beneath a lorry for about an hour before the firemen cut her out! The bullet skimmed her left lung but it wasn't far away enough, her breathing his heavily laboured. She had broken both legs due to the lorry plus an arm and four ribs are cracked. Her pulse is dangerously low! we tried raising her BP manually but it won't happen without surgery equipment."
Nurse Mae nodded,"Alright we're going straight into surgery, call Dr Ramey down here, now."


24 Hours Earlier

Tre pulled the black BMW M3 Convertible up into the driveway that lead to his multi million dollar Oakland home and came to a screeching halt outside. The house looked lifeless and almost empty, but he knew there was something worth everything inside waiting for him.

Through life's past and recent events Tre had, remarried, found his soul mate, his best friend and his true love, Eve was his girlfriend and now, quite recently, his wife.

The thing that amazes Tre is he thought he would never find someone quite like Eve, she was his Amazon, his strength when he would collapse like a fallen tree. She would always pick him right up again. He thanked the heavens for her every minute of every day.

He remembered the day they met like it was only yesterday. Evelyn Harvey was sitting in Starbucks drinking tea and reading the 'Daily Mirror' which Tre recalled to be an English newspaper. She had clearly had it posted on special request because it was dated for a few days ago. Despite knowing her or anything about her he became instantly intrigued by her strange attributes. Also sitting in front of her on the table was a personal organiser and 'The Businessman'. At her feet was a leather brief case and expensive looking handbag. Tre, being Tre, had spontaneously sat down to talk to her and they instantly struck a spark.

He jogged up to the front door and ratted on its hard oak surface. The faint sound of the fuzzy blue slippers could be heard along the hard tiled floor.
"I'm just coming," A woman's, British, voice echoed through the empty house.
Tre pulled a funny face outside the door because he knew she would be looking through the peep hole, a safety feature she had installed when they moved in together.

Tre heard his beloved wife giggle as she pulled open the door and smiled adoringly up at her husband. Tre loved this part of coming home after hours at the studio. The smile on her face told him everything he needed to know about their relationship, it was the small things like this, knowing that the welcoming smile she gave him every day meant she is so happy to see him that in the end it really makes their life together worth living for.

"Hey hon!" Tre said scooping her up in his arms and breathing in the aroma of her sweet scented perfume as he guzzled her neck playfully pretending to eat her neck.
"How was practice?" She asked when they pulled apart and Tre closed the door.
"Fine, apart from me freaking out," Tre confessed as he followed Eve, who was heading back into her painting studio. Eve turned her head to talk to him as she walked.

"Why?" she asked, concerned for him. Tre shrugged and jogged to catch up with her and in doing so wrapping his arms around her waist. "Because I was so anxious to see you!" he declared kissing her neck.

Eve giggled, "Tre, you're not wise in the head darling. Why didn't you have your key with you?"
"No sorry I forgot," he replied breaking away from her and marching over to one of her recent paintings, "Typical!" she said rolling her eyes and joining him before the wall where the painting hung to dry.

Tre cocked his head, "Is that me?" he asked astoundingly. Eve giggled, "Yes, you had fallen asleep on the couch and I thought it amusing."
"Oh what's it called then?" Tre asked suddenly very proud and interested.
Eve cocked her head and sighed, "The male slob!" she proclaimed jokily.
Tre looked down on her and furrowed his eye brows, "Hey!" he protested and began to tickle her before planting his lips on hers, interlocking in a warm and passionate kiss. He laughed, "It's your birthday tomorrow are you excited?" She replied between laughing and gasping for air, "N... No... it's my thirty fifth!"

Finally after rolling about the floor, which is where they ended up when Tre wouldn't stop tickling Eve and Eve couldn't stop laughing, Tre declared he was going to go and make coffee. Eve was so set on finishing her latest masterpiece because she was starting her new job as the History of Art teacher at Blackwood Private High School the following day, one of the main reasons Tre didn't bother to offer any coffee, when she was set on a painting mission she didn't do anything else, she didn't eat or drink or play 'fun' games with Tre.

As Tre passed the doorway to head into the kitchen he noticed the bin, in which one of her paintings was stuffed inside.
"Um... Eve what's this?" He asked pulling out the painting and examining it; he couldn't believe she had thrown such beauty away. The scene was amazing and he wouldn't dream of throwing it away, even if she did.

"Oh Tre, honey, but that back, its rubbish," Eve replied as she cleaned an oiled stained brush on an old rag.
"I'll decide if it's rubbish or not... and no it's not, I love it!" Tre affirmed.
"No honey, the colour wasn't right, it's all wrong, please put it back in the bin... you bin poker!" she added with a giggle.

Tre sighed. "Eve, it's perfectly okay!" he moaned rolling it up and stuffing it into his jeans back pocket.
Eve loved this about Tre, everything she did he loved and that only made her love him all the more. "The colour is all wrong, I don't want to take it in tomorrow and seem like this know-it-all French painter that goes by the name of... La Painter and present a disastrous painting," she decided and finally sighed, "Please put it back!"
Tre laughed, "Yeah! Cus' you sure don't sound like a French know-it-all painter when you bin it because the "Colour wasn't right!" Please, give me a break Babe!" Tre mocked, putting on a mock french accent as he addressed her know-it-all remark.
"Darling," Eve said calmly with a warm smile, "Go have your coffee."

***
An hour later Tre awoke in front of the television, which was hosting some talk show programme. The main topic was teen pregnancy, Tre smirked. The empty mug sat on the large, glass Italian coffee table, empty and coffee stained. An empty bowl sat nearby, housing a few stray leftover chips from Tre's snack fest earlier on. The setting sun cast an orange light through the French Venetian Blinds and over the semi-dark room, Tre squinted against its rays. He did not know how long he's been asleep for, possibly around three hours.

Something caught his attention by the door, he snapped his sleepy and slightly disoriented head around to see his wife standing in the door way a hand each rested on either door frame, making her look like cat woman creeping in.
She was wearing one of her old painting shirts; probably an old one belonging to Tre, he didn't care though. Her long, just-passed the shoulder, length hair was hanging around her face in pretty waves and her long and brown skirt blew softly in the soft breeze of the warm night air coming in the slightly open window.

"Babe, are you okay?" Tre asked, concerned as he sat up in his seat on the couch.
Eve fixed her emerald green eyes on him as though trying to read his mind. She slowly walked over to him and when she reached the end of the couch she stopped.
Without uttering a single word, she undid her shirt revealing the true beauty of her young body. Her toned stomach was tanned, due to hours of sunbathing with Billie Joe's wife Adrienne. Tre gulped and turned on the couch to face her.

Slowly Eve crawled over the arm rest and across the length of the three-seater to where her husband was sitting watching her, eyes wide as apples.
"Babe?" Tre began but she planted a soft finger, lightly on his lips and came close enough that he could feel her breath on his lips. When she kissed him his whole world span, he was out of control, she straddled him and they proceeded to undress each other. It was Tre who decided they should take it to the bedroom, dropping their shirts on the floor he picked her up as he did their wedding night, carrying her across the threshold of their honey moon suite. Tre had married this woman because she was the love of his life. He loved her, and that night he was going to show her just how much...