I'll Never Let Them Hurt You (I Promise)

Chapter 13

"ZACKY!" I yelled out. Not even a minute later, he came running into the kitchen with a concerned expression on his face.

"Baby what's wrong? I heard you-" he cut himself off and gasped as he looked over at my mom before looking back at me.

"You both need to get out of here." Zacky said.

"Zacky, we can't. We-"

"Mel, I'm not letting your mom or you get hurt again by him." he said.

"What is he talking about?" my mom asked as she looked at me. I shook my head.

"Nothing mom, he-"

"Melissa, tell me. What is Zacky talking about?" she said looking at me with a serious look on her face. I sighed and bit my lip slightly as I felt tears sting my eyes a little.

"Nick h-hurt me too...a-and not j-just once either..." I said looking down at the floor.

"Why didn't you tell me?" my mom asked as I looked up and saw tears starting to fall from her eyes as well.

"Y-You just seemed so happy with him, and y-you were always at work so it's n-not like you could've done anything a-about it."

"I-I could've left him if I knew what he did to you...I'm s-sorry." she said as she got up to hug me. I whimpered and winced a little when she hugged me tightly, due to the new bruises on my sides. She pulled away and looked at me.

"Zacky's right, w-we need to get out of here."

"Where are we supposed to go?" I asked as I looked at him.

"I'll call Syn. Surely you guys could stay with him and your-" Zacky was interrupted by my mom.

"Who's Syn?" my mom asked.

"It's Brian mom, it's just a nickname." I explained.

"But what about Lily?" she asked.

"Don't worry about her, she's been staying over at her friends' houses more than staying here anyway." I said. I wasn't entirely sure if that was the truth, or if she was actually sleeping with some jock but I knew for sure that she was never home anymore.

"Well, I don't know about staying with Brian I mean-"

"Mom, whatever caused you and Dad to split up years ago couldn't have been that horrible. Besides, I don't know why you two split up in the first place. It'll be fine." I said as Zacky walked back into the room. I didn't notice that he had left, but apparently he had.

"I just called Syn, you guys should get over there before Nick comes back."

"But who is gonna drive?" I asked.

"I will." both my mom and Zacky said at the same time.

"No, really I can." Mom said. Zacky shook his head.

"Mom, Zacky can drive us. Besides, if Nick gets home and doesn't see at least one of the cars here he'll know something is up and probably wait for one of us to come back home." I said biting my lip.

"Really, it's no big deal." he said. My mom finally gave in. I quickly hurried up the stairs to my room to pack some clothes before running back down the stairs and out the door to Zacky's car.
♠ ♠ ♠
okay so I updated...and no cliffhanger aren't you proud of me? haha
i'll have another chapter up soon
if anyone could make me a banner for this story, i'd love them forever *smiles widely*
comments=updates and gummy bears xD