I Fell In Love When I Least Expected to...

Chapter 6

Just as Damien was about to strike, I jumped at him. I clawed at him as he tried to get me off of him. He hit me with the dagger and I winced. Blood seeped out of the gash on my stomach but I ignored the pain. A small scar wasn’t going to stop me. I was stronger than that.
Besides, this place was my home now and I was determined to protect everyone living in it.

Leave, you bastard

“Now, aren’t we determined?” Damien asked smirking as he dodged me.
I growled and snapped my jaws at him.
“Leave for your own good Damien” Alex yelled as he moved closer to me.
It was about time for him to move… he froze when I attacked Damien… God, is he slow or what?

“Afraid I’m going to kill this pest?” Damien asked referring to me.
I snarled at him and attacked. He screamed as I scarred his face.

Oops. Now look at what I did. I scarred your pretty face!

Damien growled but it was obvious he was in pain. He couldn’t heal since I used one of my powers… I could put poison in my claws at free will… and that’s what I did. It couldn’t be cured… and the scar would never leave either.
“LEAVE NOW!” Alex roared at him.
“This isn’t over, mutt” Damien said glaring at me before disappearing into thin air.

Suddenly the pain came back to me and I fell to the ground. The gash on my stomach was huge and dried blood was on my fur… I gritted my teeth as I tried hard not to cry out in pain. Needless to say, it didn’t work that well…
“Are you alright?” Alex asked obviously concerned.
He walked over to me but I growled softly.

Don’t…

Alex ignored me and walked over to me. He bent down and took me in his arms, being careful as not to hurt me. He put me on the bed and walked over to the bathroom. He soon returned with bandages and disinfectants.

“This might hurt a little…” Alex said apologetically as he slowly cleaned the wound. I hissed and gritted my teeth. The pain wasn’t as intense as it was before but it still hurt a lot.
He bandaged the wound and patted my head softly.

Stop taking care of me… it didn’t hurt me as much as it would have hurt you… I can handle silver… it hurts but it doesn’t kill me unlike any other Lycan or Vampire. You’d be a goner now. So stop it…

“Why did you do that? You could have gotten yourself killed and not by just the dagger!” he said looking deep into my eyes.

This is my home now. I’m determined to protect everyone living in it… especially you.

“Why especially me?” he asked me raising an eyebrow.

I decided to ignore the question. I didn’t even know why I had said that to him… or why I had saved him for that matter… I only know it felt right at the time.

He sighed realizing I wasn’t going to answer him and stood up. He walked out of the room and minutes later he returned.
“I told the guards to be extra careful and to put up the shield at all times and not only at night” he said when I looked at him questioningly. I nodded and he walked over to the bathroom.
I heard the water running and sighed.

I didn’t know why I had done what I did… it couldn’t have been something important anyway. Although I could feel my heart beating faster just at the thought of seeing Alex hurt.

He walked out of the bathroom only with a towel around his waist again and I sighed.

This is torture. You do know that I don’t like this, right Princey?

He laughed and walked to the closet. He came out wearing a pair of boxers and a white shirt. He yawned and walked over to the bed.
He picked me up carefully and put me on the left side of the bed.
He lied down on the right side and got comfortable.

Thanks for letting me sleep here…

You’re hurt because of me. It’s the least I can do…

He mumbled a goodnight and closed his eyes.
I decided to show him how thankful I was and I smiled at the thought.

Goodnight... Alex

He smiled but didn’t open his eyes. I sighed and closed my eyes. Soon sleep took over me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! thanks for the comments & the new subscribers !!!
There's this thing... well I'm going on vacation on Friday... and i won't be back until August 15th... and it's sth like 3 weeks...
Do you want me to update until chapter 10 and leave the rest for later? Or just update everything before I leave?

comment? suggestions? subscribe?
~Ria~