I Fell In Love When I Least Expected to...

Chapter 8

The next morning I woke up with an arm around me. I tried to move but the arm pulled me closer to Alex’s body… how did I know it was him? Please, I am hurt not stupid...
I felt safe like that but I remember what the King said and whined. I was supposed to fake it… I was supposed to still be hurt.

“Sorry for hurting you, Selene. I forgot you’re hurt…” Alex mumbled as he let me go.

It’s ok… where were you anyway?

“Searching…” he mumbled as he tried sleeping again.

Hey! You’re so not going back to sleep right now so tell me where you were!

“I told you… I was out searching” he said as he looked at me sleepily.

That was enlightening… I thought sarcastically. Why won’t he explain?! This is annoying… I’m supposed to be ignorant, right? Well I think I’m doing quite well at it.

What do you mean?! Searching for what?

“For a person” he said.

And why is that person so important to you? He must be important if you yourself decided to go search…

“Yeah, she is important” he said plainly.

She? Who is she? Oh come on cut the crap! Tell me…

I started whining for it to take effect and he sighed.

“Fine. She is somebody I think I’m interested in. I wanted to make sure she was coming tonight… but nobody has heard of her. Nobody knows where she lives. It’s like she doesn’t exist” Alex explained as he stood up.

Oh… so I guess you’ll have to wait and see if she’ll show up… Apparently, there’s nothing else you can do.

“Yeah I guess you’re right…” he said as he stood up.
He headed to the bathroom and when I heard the water running I stood up and stretched.

Boy was sitting tiring… I couldn’t move… It was as if I was paralyzed. I flexed my muscles and sat back down. I didn’t want Alex getting suspicious.
The bathroom door opened and he yet again appeared with a towel around his waist.

What’s up with you and nudity?! I’m beginning to think you’re trying to seduce me…

He smirked at me and shrugged. I whined at his lack of a comeback and sighed.

This is boring. There’s nothing to do…

“I can’t help you with that… too bad you won’t be able to join us tonight... I’ll come and check up on you though” Alex said smiling at me.

No I don’t think you should… those snobs will probably follow you and then when you leave they’ll come attack me. No way…

“Yeah you’re right. It’s something they would definitely do…” Alex said in thought.

That was a close one… I’m fast. I sighed and Alex looked at me. He probably thought I wanted him to come and check on me… Funny how misunderstood I am right now.

“I have to go visit Lucas and Felix… I’ll be back later to get ready for tonight…” Alex said as he walked to the door.

Yeah ok… see you later

If only he knew… I laughed at the thought of his face when he saw me tonight. Then it clicked… what was I going to wear?!

Mary soon came in and brought me lunch. She told me to transform and I did as asked.
She was here to help me get ready for tonight. The awesome thing about transforming is that whatever my hair or make up looks like in human form… it doesn’t make a difference when I’m a lycan.

She styled my hair and did my make up. She then took me to another room… she said that was going to be mine if something went wrong with Alex… I shook that thought out of my mind and shrugged. I looked around the room happily. It was great. I squealed and Mary laughed.

“Wait till you see what’s behind this door!” Mary said just as happy.
She opened the door and I grinned. It was a walk in closet. All around were clothes and I couldn’t help but gawk at the beautiful things there.
“Here are the dresses… Pick one out wisely” Mary said as she showed me a whole wall full of dresses.
I almost fainted. I started browsing them and after two hours I finally decided what to wear.
Happy with my decision I walked back to Alex’s room and transformed. Mary re-did my bandages and left me.
After a short while Alex appeared.

Hey…

“Hi Selene… how have you been?” Alex asked happily.

Been better… Why so happy?

“Destiny is going to be here tonight… Amy just told me” Alex said smiling genuinely.

You don’t know her that much… you’ve seen her once, am I right? Why is she so special?

“I don’t know… the minute I saw her all the other girls disappeared. Her smile, her lips, her beautiful eyes… I don’t think I can put it differently so… I think I’ve fallen for her” Alex confessed.

I gawked at him. He couldn’t be serious… what was so special about me? Why would he like me of all people? He doesn’t even know me!

“Surprised, aren’t you? Yeah, the vampire has a heart… I know it’s weird. At the beginning I thought my mind was playing tricks on me… or my heart” Alex said.

I don’t know what to say… I suppose ‘good luck with her tonight’ is appropriate…

“Thanks for hearing me out and for the advice, Selene. I really appreciate it” Alex said as he side-hugged me.

No biggy… now go get ready Romeo…

He laughed and nodded. He walked to the closet and disappeared behind it.

I felt tears in my eyes. He really likes me… no scratch that, he likes Destiny… and he seems so happy. He isn’t going to be like that for long. And it’s my entire fault… it’ll break his heart when he realizes that Destiny is not Destiny and she is just… plain old me.

I cried silently and cursed myself for agreeing to this… I was going to hurt him and as much as I denied it, I cared too much for him to hurt him like this.

I dried my tears with my paw and tried to calm down. I didn’t want him asking why I was sad. I couldn’t handle lying more to him.
He appeared and I smiled. He was gorgeous. His hair was messy and his eyes were so warm... He was wearing a tux and he had left two buttons open showing his chest.

You look nice…

“Thank you, Selene. I’ll see you tomorrow I guess… don’t wait up for me” he said as he left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's chapter 8!
comment & subscribe!!! tell me how you like it so far...
I was planning to leave you guys hanging... sort of... but now I don't know...
I can't just post it all at once... and more people would read the story, or subscribe, or tell me how it is so far, if I leave it at that for a while... Someone might make me change my mind about what'll happen next.........
What should I do? I'm kind of in the middle... [I never thought it was this hard.... !!!!]

~Ria~