Sequel: Let It Settle

A Vibe With a Chill

Let Them Have Cake

Ainsley opened a cupboard full of every type of Betty Crock cake mix in the world, Jessica’s mouth was wide open as she looked inside.

“Wow…” Jessica managed to get out.

Ainsley giggled “Pick a flavor…ANY flavor!” she said, Jessica looked into the cupboard and pulled out a traditional…Chocolate.

Jessica gave the box to Ainsley who smiled as she took the box “…get out a pan…and some icing.” She said.

__________________________________

The following night, Sookie had off but Ainsley had to work. She didn’t even bother try to get out of it for the night since she did NOT want to be there when Jessica presented the Birthday Cake.

Sam watched as Ainsley stood around, nobody was really at Merlotte’s since the rodeo was in town…again.

“Ainsley, why don’t you go on home…I’ll close up.” Sam said, going into the back.

Ainsley sighed, she grabbed her purse and walked out to her car, she felt a sneeze coming when she opened her door.

The sneeze was rather loud as she sighed with relief “Excuse you…” a smooth and silky voice said.

Ainsley jumped as she turned to see Eric standing just a few feet away from her.

“Uhh…thanks.” She said, getting into her car.

Eric watched as she drove away, he knew where she was going. Jessica had told him about Bill’s surprise party.

Ainsley drove off of the lot as she tried to slow drive her way towards Bill's house...she didn't want to go. The fear of Bill killing her out of offense made the actions of her and Jessica.

_____________________________________

Jessica had the cake ready to go as Ainsley knocked on the door, looking around for Bill's car.

Ainsley sighed as Jessica opened the door "So, I told Sookie..." Jessica told her.

"You did what?" Ainsley asked, knowing that she was going to feel the wrath of Bill as soon as he found out what was going on.

Jessica giggled as she got plates, drinks (mostly Tru Blood), and napkins. Ainsley looked at Jessica "Who's gonna eat the cake? Not just me and Sookie..." Ainsley asked.

"Well, I asked Arlene and her kids to come over...and Hoyt..." Jessica said, smiling to hide any worry in her face.

Ainsley looked at Jessica and tried to nod, the doorbell began to ring like crazy with the guests of 4 showing up at once.

"Come in...quick!" Jessica said, laughing as she pulled Hoyt and Arlene in as she felt Bill and Sookie getting closer to the house.

_______________________________________

Ainsley looked at the cake with the icing saying "Happy Vampire Day!"...Ainsley didn't know what else to put on it.

In her thoughts, the door opened and Jessica and Ainsley heard Sookie giggling as she kissed Bill.

Jessica nearly gagged as she heard Bill nearly moaning as Sookie kissed him, Ainsley motioned for her to get Bill's attention before 'something' happened.

"Uhh...Bill?" she yelled.

It was silent as Ainsley and Jessica stared at each other as Bill walked towards the kitchen "Jessica?" he asked.

Arlene and her kids were a bit nervous, but Hoyt tried not to laugh as he held his breathe to not make a sound.

"Could you come in the kitchen for a moment?" Jessica asked.

Ainsley put her head down as she heard Bill’s footsteps coming into the kitchen. She closed her eyes and took in a deep breathe as Bill entered.

Jessica giggled as everyone joined in with a small “Surprise!” being yelled softly.

Bill was shocked as Ainsley hid in the corner as Bill looked at everybody “What is this?” he asked as he turned to Ainsley.

“Happy Birthday…?” she said questionably.

Bill laughed as he turned to Jessica as she showed him the cake. “Ainsley made the cake!” Jessica informed him as he read the cake’s message.

Hoyt smiled as he grabbed a knife and began to cut slices for all the humans in the kitchen, including Sookie who had just walked in.

Ainsley smiled as Bill turned to her "It smells good...too bad I can't have any!" he told her as he patted her shoulder.

"You're not...mad?" she asked, calmly.

Bill shook his head as he put his arm around her shoulder "No...I find it quite hilarious...nobody has done this to me, well...ever!" he admitted to her.

Ainsley wasn't sure whether to laugh or not as Bill looked to see his "companions" as he slowly let go of Ainsley's shoulders.

Jessica giggled as she fed a piece of cake to Hoyt, which made Bill nearly jump on them while Arlene and the kids spoke to Sookie about work and how awesome Terry was as a new boyfriend.

Ainsley smiled as she slowly backed out of the kitchen and walked out into the porch and sat on the step as she felt the warm Louisiana air brush her skin.

She closed her eyes and smelled the air when she felt the presence of someone else next to her.

"Things not going so well?" the familiar silk voice asked.

Ainsley opened her eyes and turned to see Eric sitting next to her. She gasped as she fell off the step and landed in the dirt.

Eric chuckled as he stood up and assisted Ainsley getting up off of the ground. "I'm sorry..." he told her as he brushed the dirt off her back.

"Uhh..." Ainsley managed to get out as she looked at Eric, it was silent as she looked at him until Bill cleared his throat.

Eric and Ainsley turned to see Bill, he had his arms crossed looking at the both of them "Eric, do you know Ainsley?" he asked.

Ainsley shook her head "No, just a few strangers continuing to bump into each other..." she said, looking at Bill before she ran inside.

_______________________________________

The party was well over by the time Ainsley decided to call it a night. Jessica continued to giggle as Hoyt held her close on the couch.

Ainsley waved goodbye to everybody still in the house as she walked out to her car and threw herself inside.

"May I?" Eric asked.

Ainsley gasped as she turned to see Eric with the passenger door opened, she didn’t know what would happen if she rejected him so she simply nodded and he sat next to her, grinning his evil smile.