Scandalous Schoolastics

Introductions.

“I hate you,” I slapped Jared in the arm and chuckled under my breath as he squealed and ducked like a little girl. “You made me sit in there the whole two hours Mr. Mantle preached about our school. I couldn’t even sleep, you kept pinching me!”

“You needed to listen,” Jared shrugged his shoulders carelessly and nodded towards the hallway we were walking into. “I need to go to the office; Mr. Mantle said the principle wanted to talk to me about my average.”

“Your screwed,” I laughed under my breath. He laughed, sarcastically and pushed me almost into a row of lockers, thankfully I caught myself in time. “Douche!” I called out playfully as I watched him walk towards the office. He turned to me and smiled that huge smile and I only chuckled in return. I turned around and walked to the cafeteria for a small snack. “Oh hey, Ms. Stevens can I speak with you.”

“Hang on a second,” she smiled at a man I hadn’t even seen before and waved him to sit down before she walked over to me. “What is it Rylan?”

“I don’t think I’ll be able to come to school tomorrow,” I smiled sadly. “I broke my leg.”

“Okay, outside of school I’d call you a dork, but right now I’ll just call you a moron,” she smirked and pushed me in the shoulder like any student would. “Go on now, I have a friend to go annoy.”

“See you later, Ms. Stevens,” I grabbed my snack, which was cut up Kiwi and ran back to the office. I sat outside eating with my fork and only looked up when people would walk out. The last time I looked up, I had expected to see Jared but instead it was an unfamiliar hunk of meat with a lean body, strong shoulders, tall as could be with chocolate brown hair and brown eyes. “Yeow,” I murmured under my breath, I was sure he hadn’t heard me but he turned after I said it and smirked. Thankfully, Jared chose that moment to walk out complaining.

“What happened Jare?” I called out and walked over to him, glancing at the “hunk of meat” before returning my eyes on Jared.

“Dad’s gonna be pissed,” Jared called out and held a piece of paper in hand. He sighed heavily and handed it to me. “I’m failing math. I swear, Mr. Duggars is purposely failing me—“

“Either that or you just need a stricter teacher,” I told him as I read the paper. “No problems there. Since, we’ll be getting new teachers tomorrow. Oh, speaking of which---I saw Ms. Stevens talkin’ to some gruff lookin’ guy. Looked kinda…wilderness-ish. Probably from Canada or something.”

“Yeah because when they look like Grizzly Adams, they are definitely from Canada,” Jared smiled sarcastically and linked his arm with mind. “Okay so…my dad loves you—will you give him the paper?”

“Like I want to be mauled by your father,” I snorted and shook my head. “No thanks, Jared. I’ll pass, but I will play Metallica at your funeral just for you.”

“Oh please?!” Jared called out and bounced a little. I furrowed my eyebrows and took a small step back.

“Honey, we’re in high school. Not kindergarten anymore,” I told him with a smirk. “But because I love you…I guess so. I just gotta call my mom and let her know where I’m gonna be before I’m brutally murdered.”

“Sounds like a plan,” he nodded his head frantically and leaned down slowly. I thought he was tying his shoe; I honestly quit paying attention until he picked me up and threw me over his shoulder.

“Oh my God!” I screamed, causing the ‘hunk of meat’ to turn to my voice in a frantic motion. “Jared, I swear to God. If you don’t put me down!”

“You’ll kill me?” he snorted. “Please, you can’t kill a fly without feeling guilty.”

“I will not second guess your murder for self defense,” I snapped. “Jared, I’m wearing a skirt!”

“Alright, Mere! I’ll see you tomorrow---whoa!” Logan called out and covered his eyes. “Dude---whatever you’re doin’ to that girl….just put ‘er down!”

“Ha,” I chuckled and with what strength I had, I pushed myself up to look over Jared’s head at the man. “Hi. I’m not being raped, no worries sir.”

“Are you sure?” he looked from me to Jared slowly two times before settling on my face. “I can get you down in two seconds.”

“As much as I’d like that,” I smiled politely. “I can get myself down, I know when he sleeps. I can play the nutcracker real well, if you get me.”

---The next morning---

“So, yeah…dad wasn’t totally pissed when you gave him the note,” Jared told me as we walked to school. “After you left…however,” he started and looked over at me. “I’m grounded.”

“What?! We were supposed to go to the movies this weekend!” I called out and scoffed afterwards.

“Yeah, well—we’re shit out of luck on that one,” he grumbled and slung his arm around my shoulder. Since Kindergarten we’ve been best friends, since fifth grade, we’ve been inseparable, since his becoming of puberty and me hitting the points where I got boobs, he turned into my body guard. This basically means, everyone is scared of him. I mean, who wouldn’t be— he’s not muscular as a wrestler on steroids but he’s lean, he plays football and well—yeah, and plus he’s a skilled fighter. I’m not trying to brag but my best friend could cage fight a bear and win, plus he’s not bad to look at. Feathery dirty blond hair with bright blue-green eyes and a smile that could light a room. His down point is he’s obsessed with keeping me safe from boys and he downs himself, a lot.

“I know,” I mumbled and leaned my head on his shoulder. We had already eaten breakfast at my house, when he came to pick me up and we had about ten minutes to spare before history class started up.

“So,” Jared called out and yawned tiredly. “Are you ready to meet your new teachers?” he asked.

“What if that short gruff guy is my new teacher? That would suck.”

“Why?” Jared asked me and looked over at me.

“Because, I barely know the guy and thanks to you---he’s already seen up my skirt.”

“That was funny but I won’t laugh because that was also very wrong,” he grabbed my hand and slapped it scolding-like. “Bad Rylan, bad girl.”

“I wouldn’t mind the hunk of meat seeing up my skirt,” I smiled broadly and ran away from Jared, knowing he was going to chase me I ran into the nearest door which happened to be chorus class. “Morning Ms. S.”

“Rylan, this is Logan your new assistant teacher,” she pointed weakly at the gruff man from yesterday that had seen up my skirt. “Logan this is Rylan Phillips—and her best friend Jared Sparks.”

“Mornin’,” Logan grunted while he yawned. He wore a pair of form fitting blue jeans, a tank top with a few holes in it, some boots and a cowboy hat.

“Good morning, Mr. Logan,” I called out and walked towards the piano. School didn’t start for a good fifteen minutes, so I admired Mr. Logan’s piano playing. “Wow, you’re really good.”

“Thanks,” Mr. Logan grunted as he played a difficult piece.

“Can you sing too?” I asked.

“That’s why I’m teaching this class,” he stated and I think he uttered an ‘unfortunately’ but it was low and I couldn’t hear it really. “Can you sing, Miss Phillips?”

“No not really—“I was beginning to talk when Jared snorted.

“She can sing,” he pointed at me accusingly. “Don’t let her fool you, she doesn’t come here everyday because she’s bored.”

Mr. Logan looked up at me—his hazel eyes burning into mine. “So, if you’re bored with chorus---then why sign up for it?” he asked me.

“I love music.”

“If what you are tellin’ me is true, darlin’, you’d be in chorus class everyday. Don’t you think so?” He asked me firmly. I nodded.

“Logan, be nice,” Ms. Stevens called out to Logan with a smirk.

“I’m being nice,” he told her—though he kept his eyes on me, and winked after a moment.

“I don’t like the students here,” I told him truthfully. “Especially the ones who think I’m here because its room for me to make out with Jared, as if I’d give him the chance.”

“As much as I’d love to agree, I still have to say hey!” Jared called out and then shouted from behind me.

“I love you boy but not like that, now shush and let the grown ups talk,” I waved my hand for him to shut up as I stared into Mr. Logan’s eyes. “I come here because I enjoy it, I come here because I like too. I come here when it’s peaceful, not when it’s overrun with Nae-Nae and her posse of idiots.”

“I knew I’d find a Nae-Nae,” he murmured under his breath, turning his head from me to smirk to himself. “Don’t worry, Miss Phillips, it will be better soon.”

I scoffed with a smirk. “Yeah,” I told him doubtfully. “If only you knew how this ghetto-fied kids are---“

“If only they knew how this Canadian is…” Mr. Logan started. I knew he was Canadian. He smirked and winked again. And so it begins. The bell of the school rings loudly—signaling to students to go to their first period class. Almost immediately, everyone piles into Chorus.

“I have to go, I have history,” I waved goodbye to the teachers and fought my way through the crowd, someone grabbed my ass and sadly Jared seen it because he threw a punch. We managed to get out without being caught; I had grabbed his hand and pulled him from the room. “You have to stop doing that!”

“It was Randy Perry,” he scoffed as if it made it any better for him to do such things. I shook my head and pulled him into history class.

“I’m sorry we’re late,” I apologized to the new teacher; he name was written on the board. Ororo Munroe was written in large cursive letters. “Ms. Munroe.”

History went by pretty fast; Ms. Munroe made it fun to learn about dead presidents and past wars. I almost didn’t want to leave class to go to my next one, which was PE sadly. If there was one thing I hated, besides spinach was running and our usual gym teacher loved to make us run. I linked my arm with Jared and we made our way to the locker rooms, I went in the girls and he went in the boys. We met outside and wordlessly went into the gym. All the students were placed on the bleachers, so we joined the crowd and took a seat. “Alright, I’m coach Logan and I will be taking the place of your last PE teacher, my assistant will be Wade Wilson, this guy right here,” I looked up and smiled seeing Logan and the ‘hunk of meat’ and the hunk didn’t seem so happy.

“Xavier said I was the coach, you were the assistant, your doing it wrong Logan,” the hunk complained under his breath but Logan only smiled and walked away from him.

“Now that we have everyone here,” he glanced around the room. “We’ll start today’s activities.”

I found myself unable to keep my eyes off of the ‘hunk of meat’, and Jared only nudged me in the side every time I sighed heavily---a smirk plastered on my face. “What?” I whispered.

“Uh, that guy is way too old for you. What are you doing lookin’ at him with googly-eyes?” Jared asked me and scrunched up his face in confusion.

"Logan!" The hunk of meat called out and crossed his arms. Coach Logan faced him and raised an eyebrow. "Charles said you were my assistant."

“See, I say differently.”

“No, I specifically heard him say—“the hunk paused only when Logan walked over and stood at his face. “That you were my assistant, Logan.”

“There is only one way I’m doin’ this teachin’ gig, Wilson and its with me being the boss and you being the understudy now shut up and stand by the wall like a good boy,” he raised one eyebrow and nodded his head off to the side. “Do you understand?”

“Just wait until I see Professor Xavier,” he threatened and sulked his way to the wall, where he watched the students who were staring.

“You’re supposed to be the teacher?” Logan snorted and shook his head in amusement. “Okay, now I want groups of sevens. We’re playing dodge ball the right way today.”

“This isn’t kindergarten, Logan!” the hunk of meat shouted childishly across the room.

“Says the one who’s standing in the corner,” Logan grunted and looked over at Wade.

“Logan, Xavier said I was to be the teacher and you’d be helpin’ me!” Wade called out and walked back over to Logan—his arms still crossed. “While you taught chorus and dance.”

“You’re the chorus instructor?” one of the smartass kids in class, Everett I think his name is, called out and snorted when Logan nodded his head. “You a gay ass mother—“

“Listen kid, if you can’t appreciate life imitating art, you can appreciate the gym and its layout, run the line until I say stop,” Logan nodded towards the kid and smirked when the boy barely moved. “You testing me, son?”

“Listen, birdbrain,” Everett called out firmly. “If you think I’m running laps for your furry ass…you lost your damn mind.”

“Everett, calm the hell down and just run,” I had enough of his smart ass mouth and called him out. I pointed to the gym floor and waved my hand towards it. “Its either that or one more trip to the principles office, do you want military school?”

“Oh shut your damn mouth, Ry. No one was talking to your pretty ass,” he tried to throw in an insult and a compliment but it succeeded in only confusing me and angering the short fused best friend of mine.

“You need to shut your own damn mouth, Rett before I shut it for you,” Jared stood up and looked every inch of a school bully. I grabbed his hand and jerked him down, glared at him and stood up for myself on the bleachers.

“Rett, I understand you have issues with women telling you want to do and authority figures but isn’t it easier to just swallow your pride and do what’s best than have to go to jail or boot camp?” I questioned and looked over at Mr. Logan. “He seems like the kind of guy to send your ass to boot camp without feeling one ounce of shame for doing it. What do you prefer, dipshit. Running laps or crawling under barbed wire in mud?”
♠ ♠ ♠
We appreciate comments.