Blood Runs Deep

Leavin'

I'm leavin today
Don't wanna go, but I can't stay
And be treated, I won't be treated this way


The doctor let me out the next morning, even early enough to get to school, the latter part I was not happy about. I walked into my house, my dad was sitting in front of the television, a beer in his hand at 7 am, which was nothing new. Ever since my mother died when I was a child, my dad drank like a fish.

"Where have you been?" asked my dad, as I walked into the living room where he was sitting, "out getting drunk, stoned, what?"

"Dad, I don't do any of that, I was in the hospital, not that you care" I said, he looked at me, I could tell he was drunk.

"What were you in the hospital for? Get up for being a nancy boy?"

"Dad, I'm not a nancy boy"

"Yeah right, my son, the little faggot. I should kick you out of this fucking house!" said my dad, trying to get out of his chair, but fell back into it.

"Dad, I can't do this anymore, you're a fucking pathetic drunk, I am glad mom isn't here to see you like this" I said,

"How dare you drink up your mother! You killed her, you little bastard!"

"Dad, how can you, " I started to say when the doorbell rang, I walked over to it and opened to find Sam and Dean, "Hey"

"Hey, how are you feeling?" asked Sam looking at me curiously.

"Who the fuck is at the door this early!" called my dad from the other room, Sam and Dean both looked over my shoulder, "bring em in here!"

"You don't have to come in, actually I hope that you won't" I said fearful and embarrassed, but they both walked passed me into the house, I closed the door and followed them into the living room with a sigh. My dad eyed them curiously, but looked at Sam, great this wasn't going to be good.

"Why is your hair so long, boy?" asked my dad, Sam ran his fingers through his hair, "long hair is for queers"

"Dad, don't talk to company like that" I said, my dad looked at me and then back to Sam.

"You fucking my boy?" asked my dad, I didn't know what to say or do, Sam looked horrified, while Dean looked pissed off.

"Dad, he's not fucking me! Just sit there and drink yourself yellow, I can't live here anymore" I said, Dean eyed me like I was stupid, as I ran up the stairs to my room. I began tossing things into a duffel bag, I was getting out of here now! I was going back to the closet to take out more clothes to find Sam standing there with his arms crossed.

"You can come with us, if you want. We are staying in this town for a few more days to figure out what is killing the teenagers" said Sam, I eyed him as I zipped up the bag.

"Haven't you helped me out enough? I don't want to be any more trouble to anyone" I said, as tears filled my eyes.

"It's no trouble, it's what we do, we help people" said Sam walking over to me and taking my bag from me.

"Fine, is Dean going to like this?" I asked, Sam shrugged.

"Just if he makes a big deal about it, talk about his car" said Sam with a smile.

"I can handle that" I said as I walked back down the stairs, Dean was sitting on the sofa playing with a .45, my ad was nursing a beer looking at him scared, "you going to shoot my dad?"

"No just scaring the bastard" said Dean looking at my dad, "why do you have a bag"

"Sam said I could come with you and stay with you guys. I could sleep in the beautiful black 57 Impala" I said, Dean smiled.

"Alright, you can come but no sleeping in the car" said Dean getting off the sofa.

"Bye dad" I said, my dad looked at me but didn't say anything. I walked out the house with Dean and Sam on either side of me, I looked back at the house I had lived in since I was a little boy, the house that my mom had died in, maybe leaving was a good idea, I got into the Impala and Dean drove away from the house, away from my past.