Status: Hiatus: Possible re-write/re-post in the future.

Trapped

Chapter 23.

Lisa, Steph, Matt, and Martin continued to sit in the hole, confident that they were hidden from everybody, especially those who had intentions on killing to win the game. Blu, Tay, and Sas were trying to figure out where they could go to escape their soon-to-be-forbidden-zone hideout. Emma, and Sandy stopped again after escaping their second attack from Kyle. With not many indoor places left to hide, they tried to find the closest place to them to go to. Nicole, Josh, and Ryan were doing the same thing. The library they had been hiding in was just thirty minutes from being in a forbidden zone, so they had to get out. Once Kyle killed John, he cleaned up what he needed to do, got himself organized before running off to find a place to rest. Carrie had been resting in the crevasse after she killed Joan and Di. Brad hadn’t ran into anybody that was alive the entire game.

Dan and Mike were still in the lab figuring out their plan of attack on how to inform the people of the escape.

“I just thought of something,” Dan said. “I have the locator, but it doesn’t say who the person is that it picks up. What if we find someone and it turns out to be someone we can’t trust?”

“That’s why I have this,” Mike said, holding up his shotgun.

The two best friends surveyed each other for a moment. Even after two days into this game, both looked sickly. The same would go for the other fifteen that were alive. All sickly looking, clothes torn, tattered, dirty. Bodies sweaty, smudged with dirt, maybe blood. Some were injured, either by another classmate, or just by walking around. Either way, medical care was needed to prevent infection. Fatigue, exhaustion, hunger, and thirst were setting in severely. Some would soon begin to feel like they couldn’t go on anymore.

Dan covered their computers with a tarp he found nearby, and both had soon set out to find classmates to escape with them. With at least four hours to spare, they would hope their safe house in the lab would stay safe. Mike held his shotgun while Dan led the way with his locator and a map, cautiously walking forward, listening for any signs of trouble. For any signs of an impending attack.

Kyle was well hidden in a tree when he heard two voices below him. He slowly leaned and looked, seeing Dan and Mike walking. As he drew a gun, a word that drifted through his ears stopped him.

“I just really hope this whole thing works, and we’re able to escape,” Dan said.

“It will. All we have to do is round everybody up,” Mike replied.

Kyle put his gun back and let them go down the path a bit before he jumped from the tree to follow. “Escape huh? You all may have earned your right to live,” he whispered to himself as he followed slowly. “Yes, you two will be my ticket out of here.”

Kyle was going to stop at nothing to escape. He didn’t care about the lives of the other sixteen, he only cared about his own life, and his own safe escape. If other classmates were fine enough to go with him, then so be it. He didn’t want to confront them about it just yet. He wanted to follow to see what exactly was going on.

In the hole where Lisa, Matt, Steph, and Martin were sitting, restlessness began to brew. Lisa knew that Matt needed urgent medical care or he was going to get a serious infection. She hoped that Sam was able to disinfect it enough, but after running through woods, and crawling into this dirt hole that it would soon get irritated again.

“Matt, can I see your leg?” Lisa asked.

He stuck his leg out towards Lisa. The bandage was no longer clean white. It was stained with dirt, and blood was seeping through. “It hurts still,” he said. “It’s like, throbbing.”

“If we have to leave, do you think you’d be able to walk on it?” Martin asked.

“I’m sure when that happens, adrenaline will get the best of me.”

“Question…” Steph interrupted. “If people come looking for us, say, like Mike and, or Dan, how will we know if it’s them?”

“I know their voices,” Martin said. “I’ve been around them so much in school that I know how they talk. We just have to hope they do talk.”

“Yeah.”

“I just hope you’re right about them,” Lisa said. “That they will find a way for us to escape.”

“Me too,” Martin agreed.

“And I also hope that if we’re with them, and we run into Kyle or whoever else playing, that we can get away from them.”

All three agreed with Lisa, especially Matt. He knew that he wouldn’t be able to run as fast as he normally could. He also knew that an adrenaline rush would give him the energy he needed. That and his instinct to protect Lisa and keep her alive.

“At least we have one gun,” Steph said, holding up her pistol. “Martin, what did you get anyways?”

“I got a stupid stick of dynamite,” he said, digging through his bag and grabbing it. It looked exactly like what anyone would see in a typical cartoon. Almost as if it was a joke weapon.

“I still have my machete, but Matt doesn’t have anything. He had a gun, but we gave it to Sam when he went on the med run for Matt, then used it when Kyle attacked. Matt and I ran, so we lost that.”

“I have matches if we need to use that dynamite,” Matt said. “In my daypack there’s a pack in there somewhere.”

“But we don’t know the explosion power of it,” Martin said.

“I doubt it’s a lot, seeing as their headquarters is on the same island. I’m sure they reduced the power of it,” Steph said.

Martin nodded in agreement. The two of them talked while Lisa glanced at Matt. He looked horrible. No color in his face. It, along with his hair, were drenched in sweat. She was worried so badly for him, and didn’t know what she’d do if she lost him. She also knew that any other remaining couple felt the same way, if there were any remaining couples, or even anyone interested in someone else. Hell, even people that were close friends. There were still seventeen students left, which was quite a bit, but they came to this place with thirty-one students, plus their teacher. The thought that fourteen dead bodies were scattered close around them disturbed Lisa. Then the thought that more bodies would most likely pile up disturbed her even more. She just wanted to go home. Wanting to lay in her own bed with Matt by her side, uninjured.

17 Students Remaining
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's been over a year. I had a lot going on. Other stories to write, transferring commands. Then my old laptop got a virus and I lost my character list that I use when I write updates. I finally got around to rebuilding it, and well, here ya go. Merry Christmas, and I hope I still have all my wonderful readers and commenters around still. Comments muchly appreciated!!!!!!! <3