Dark Eyed Dreamers

Braelyn

I was going absolutely insane, as was Reagan. Rian went away for a week, to attend his cousin’s wedding in New Jersey. Rian left the hormonal beast that he called his girlfriend home, with my family! All she did was complain, whine about how being pregnant sucked, eat, sleep, yell, and cry. Basically, if she wasn’t pregnant I would have punched her in the face.

“God, Braelyn! I asked you to get me Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies! Not Chocolate Chip!” Mikayla sounded like she was on the verge of tears, but I was used to it, and honestly didn’t give a shit. I was sick of her and the way everything had to be about her.

“It happens.” I replied rolling a pencil between my fingers.

“Deal with it.” Reagan added, reading the back of the pencil box. “Oh my God! These were made in Canada! Maybe. They could have also been made in Florida, The U.K., or Mexico.”

“Ugh! You’re both so immature!” Mikayla huffed and stomped away.

“I’m not the one crying about cookies!” I screamed after her, lifting the pencil to my nose. “This smells like lemons, it’s definitely from Florida.”

- - -

“So, it’s your birthday next week.” Zack said out of the blue.

“Yeah, and Rae’s.”

“Yeah, and yours.”

“And hers.” I reminded him again, because I hated my birthday.

Normally, I loved mine and Reagan’s birthday. It was always more fun than everyone else’s birthdays because on August 13th there was twice as much birthday to celebrate. That meant twice as much birthday fun.

I was dreading my birthday, I didn’t want August 13th to ever come. It was like knowing you’re getting and ugly sweater for your birthday. Instead of an ugly sweater, I was getting my boyfriend and best friends torn away from me. Of course, the tearing wouldn’t occur on my birthday, it would happen a week and three days later.

Not to mention, I had no idea what was going to happen with Zack and I. I didn’t know if we were going to stay together or go through with the break up, even though we both knew how opposed to that I was. Actually, everyone at Akari Sushi knew how opposed I was to breaking up with Zack. That didn't mean that it wasn't going to happen.

“So, what do you want?” he asked with a smirk, knowing damn well that I hate it when people ask me what I want for my birthday.

“Nothing.” I answered, because I felt like saying their tour getting canceled would probably be a bad move. Though feeling like I had to lie probably wasn’t a good thing either.

“Lies. I know what you thinking, but it’s my dream Brae and you’d be welcomed to come but you have your own dreams and you need to go to school.” He said firmly, keeping his attention on the road.

“I didn’t think I was that transparent.” I muttered to myself and shifted my eyes to the rear view mirror of Zack’s car and caught sight of Alex and my sister singing in Alex’s car, as they followed behind us. Zack either didn’t hear me, or chose to ignore me.

Zack pulled into a parking spot, a few seconds later Alex parked beside him. It took my sister less than three seconds to jump out of Alex’s car, run around to Zack’s car, rip open the passenger side door say “Dude.”

“What?” I asked, anxiously. When Reagan says “dude” repeatedly it usually means something good.

“Dude.”

“What!”

“Mikayla’s moving back in with her parents!”

“Dude! That’s like-dude!” I was so excited I couldn’t form proper sentences.

“I know right!”

"Best day ever." I stated flatly.

"You're the two nicest people I know." Alex joked.

"You don't know what we've been through!" Rae defended us.

Finding out that Mikayla was out of our house was a spirit lifting occurrence.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooo...I had writer's block but Meghan beats me when I don't write.
That's actually not true, she doesn't beat me.
I did have writer's bock, but now it's gone.
What I'm trying to say is: I'm sorry that this chapter sucks!

Comments and Subscribtions are super duper cool.
Just like you! ;D