Dark Eyed Dreamers

Raegan

Chapter Twenty-Nine
Raegan.

It was real.

They were broken up.

Forever.

It’d been four days, and Braelyn didn’t get out of bed other than to use the bathroom.

She didn’t shower.

She didn’t eat.

She wasn’t living.

I was worried. She looked awful.

Pale skin, well, paler than usual.

Her bright green eyes were sunken in, dull and grey, red veins swimming toward her irises.

Four days of not eating, she had no energy.

She didn’t speak.

I tried to bring her ice cream once.

When I handed it to her, she just let it drop to the floor.

She didn’t even look to see if it spilled and ruined the quilt Grandma made for her.

She wasn’t Brae, this wasn’t my sister.

The breakup had taken a massive toll on everyone.

Even Yoda was moping around.

Alex and I got into a fight because I was so upset about Braelyn.

He said I should be getting ready for the trip.

You see, the night of my birthday, he asked me to join him on tour.

He even set me up with online classes from Umass for my degree in English.

You can only imagine how stoked I was.

Despite our fight, Alex and I spent every waking moment of the next week together.

Every time I’d try to call Jack to see if he wanted to join us, he;d just scoff and hang up. He couldn’t be mad about me leaving him to go with Alex on my birthday, could he? I needed to know what was up, so the second last Thursday before we left for tour, I paid him a visit. We’d been best friends forever, so I had a key.

When I finally got to his room, he was laying with his head hanging off the side upside down in his boxers on the phone.

“I know, Ri, but she doesn’t know Alex like we do. He’s your best friend, can’t you just tell her how he is at shows? She’s going to get hurt, and I can’t stand to see that. No, Rian. You need to talk to Raegan.”

“Why can’t you?” I asked, making my presence known.

“Rae, Wh-what are you doing here?”

“I came to see what’s bothering you. Clearly it’s that you think you need to warn me- protect me against my own boyfriend.” I said, getting mad.

He hung up the phone, and sat up straight, looking me square in the eye.

“Raegan, he’s going to hurt you, and I’ll be there saying I told you so.”

“Fuck you, Jack. You said you wanted me to be happy, and now I’m finally happy with Alex, but here you are trying to make me miserable. Make up your fucking mind. You’re supposed to be my best friend, but you’re turning into my enemy. You need to get it through your head that you’re not my boyfriend, and decide what you’re doing here.” I spat before leaving the house, slamming every door I passed through behind me.

I felt awful about what I said. I didn’t mean any of it, I was just so mad that he didn’t trust Alex, or was it me he didn’t trust?
♠ ♠ ♠
:D :D :D
Thanks everyone who commented and subscribed.
I'm stoked for the future of this story, you should be too.