I Think I Love You

My Heart Beat Stumbles And My Backbone Crumbles

-Maddie’s POV- (Time Skip three days later)

It’s my last day here in sunny LA before I head back to rainy Romania with mum. It was amazing that she had let us stay this long in California. I really missed Leo di Hero, Jaden and Kai. And knowing that I’m going back to a bunch of whorish losers who can’t even do simple math to save their lives I think I may have to run away to LA sometime soon. Maybe I can convince mum to let me stay there this summer. Shit I'ma be stuck in Romania for my birthday. Damn it if mum hadn’t needed that promotion then we would all be together as a family for our seventeenth. But then again we wouldn’t have met Jordan and the rest of Hollywood Undead. We really should tell them that we know who they are. As far as I know only Matt knows we know but that’s because Jaden let it slip on accident.

I walked into Jordan’s apartment and sighed. I hated weekdays when I couldn’t go to school with Kai, Leo di Hero, and Jaden. Jordan, Matt and George were sitting on the couch planning something; I think it was their next show, so they took no notice of me. I walked back out and knocked on the door before walking back in. They had the plans put up but were not fast enough to turn the TV on.

“You know there really is no point in hiding who you are.” I said smirking at Matt and walking into the kitchen to grab a soda. I walked back out to see two confused guys and Matt smirking.

“How’d you…but…how?” George stuttered shocked.

“It’s not hard when your friends absolutely love the band and have no lives. If you repeat that I said that I’ll castrate each of you.” I said before sitting down. They all had fear etched onto their faces. I laughed at it before I looked at the clock on Jordan’s wall.

“So when’s your next show?” I asked looking back at them.

“We were hoping to do it as a surprise for Kai and your birthday but we heard that you weren’t going to be in LA and we realized we didn’t know when your guys’ birthday is.” Matt said sheepishly while rubbing the back of his head.

“May 16. You’ve got a month and a half to prepare and hide it from her. She knows who you are but she doesn’t know you know.” I said looking up at the clock again.

“Why do you keep looking at the clock?” George asked me.

“They should be here by now. Kai said she’d be home at 4:15. It’s nearly five.” I replied taking out my phone to text Leo di Hero.

Text message to Leo di Hero:

Hey are you guys in detention or some shit like that because you’re late.

I sent it and a moment later I got a reply.

Text Message From Leo di Hero:

We thought she left school early. Didn’t see her after sixth so I figured one of the guys picked her up. She not there?

“Leo di Hero doesn’t know where she is. They thought she left early and got a ride from one of you guys.” I said as I texted everyone else in our group in LA. None of them knew where she was.

Text Message from Vicky:

I saw Kai get out of a car with some guy with shaggy blond hair. She seemed a bit spooked but I didn’t think anything of it. It was at the hotel you’re staying in. He had a scar under his right ear I think.

Blond shaggy hair? Why does that seem familiar? A scar under his right ear? Realization dawned on me. No it couldn’t be him. He was still in jail. He ruined her life. He swore she’d pay for getting him sent to jail. I called Jaden next to have him look something up for me.

“Hello?” I heard his voice.

“Jaden I need you to see if he got out of jail from two years ago.” I said into the phone worry evident in my voice.

“Why? Is something wrong?” he asked as I heard the clicking of a mouse and the keys of a keyboard being typed on furiously.

“Vicky said she saw Kai getting out of a car behind someone with shaggy blond hair and a scar under his right ear.” I explained putting the phone on speaker. Everyone else walked in at that moment including Leo di Hero.

“Here we go. Joseph Niles, age 18, got bailed out of jail on March 4th, by his brother Francisco Niles. He was found guilty of the murder of fifteen-year-old Alita Smith by paying a truck driver to drive drunk in the wrong lane and crash into a van holding eight teenagers including Ms. Smith. Three were thrown out of the front windshield, two were stuck in the van by their seat belts, and the other three were caught under the van. Ms. Smith was unfortunately killed instantly from the weight of the van. One teen Mr. Mark Smith, the brother of Ms. Smith, had his right leg caught under the van which crushed it. The worst of the injuries were that of fourteen-year-old Kaia Terrell, whose body twisted itself somehow so her legs were in the van’s backseat window, her left leg being crushed by a seat and one of the teens stuck in the van, and her torso, arms and head were being crushed by the van. The seven were rushed to the hospital closest to the rocky mountains and all were saved. It took three months for Ms. Terrell to wake up from her comatose state that had all known family members grieving. Mr. Niles was also found guilty of drunk driving. When Ms. Terrell woke up she testified what she believed happened at both crime scenes. She claimed that Mr. Niles couldn’t get over her so he decided that if she couldn’t be his then she wouldn’t be anyone else’s then when he realized what he did he got drunk then tried to make his way to the hotel that she and her friends were staying at that summer. On his way, he ran a red light and crashed into Katrina Boyer, another friend of the victims, and nearly decapitated her right arm. Mr. Niles was sentenced to two years with no bail then six years after that. Before he left the court room he swore that she’d pay for betraying him. Last he was seen was outside a hospital in LA hold a bouquet of daffodils.” Jaden finished. Everyone stood, or sat in a few cases, staring wide-eyed at the phone.

“I should’ve figured that out when she told me to throw those daffodils away while she was in the hospital!” Leo di Hero shouted clenching onto the back of the couch. I patted his hands before offering him a weak smile.

“You didn’t know he was out. It’s not your fault.” I said sadly.

“I told her I’d watch for when he got out so that we could prepare more. Then that bastard of a father started beating her and I strayed away from it. I should have killed them both when I had the chance” he said not looking up. Then I remembered something. We wasted a hell ova lot of time reading that article. We needed to split up and search for her.

“Knowing him he’ll take her somewhere public yet abandoned. Vicky said she got out of the car with him in front of the hotel I’m staying at. I say we split up and search any part of LA you think he’d take her. Two should go with me to the hotel to see if anyone’s seen her. Someone should also call the police to tell them what happened.” I said looking around at everyone.

“I’ll go to the police” Vicky said before grabbing her purse, coat and car keys and walking out the door.

“George and I’ll go to the hotel and see if anyone’s seen her” Leo di Hero said before the two of them walked out. Everyone else left and started looking.

-Kai’s POV-

I woke up on a concrete floor not remembering what happened. I tried to sit up but there was a sharp pain in my back. Soon the memories of the day’s events flooded my brain. It was like a washing machine. Wash them thoroughly through so I knew every detail, then wash them away without a trace then start it all over again.

He had kidnapped me. He forced me to go with him all over LA. he forced me into this whore’s outfit. He beat me then raped me. He couldn’t get over that I never liked him. All I could do now was hope.

(Time Skip. Two Days later)

It’s been two days since he took me captive. I kept waiting for someone to find me. I refused to believe that they weren’t going to find me. He had continued to beat and rape me for the past two days. If I made it out of this not pregnant then it’d be a miracle. I heard faint footsteps. They weren’t the same as his heavy ones. No they reminded me of Aron or Jordan. I heard gun shots. I wanted to scream but I couldn’t. My mouth had been taped. A minute later I heard the all-too familiar footsteps of him. He burst into the room with a gun pointed at me. I feel like crying but know I can’t show a weakness. He pulled the trigger without aiming. I felt a sharp pain in my right shoulder. Then my world went black and all I heard was multiple gun shots, my name being screamed by multiple people and the beating of my damaged body.