Status: Complete: Read the Final Chapter in the "Forest" Series!

Be Sure to Wear a Disguise

002 : Sunrise

"Hey, Wake up. It's your turn to drive."

I feel Caan shake me awake. I rub my eyes and slowly arch my back, trying to get the kinks out. The bumpy moving truck drive is majorly cracking up my spine. I nod and Caan pulls into a gas station off the highway.

We hop out and I start to fill the giant disiel tank and Caan goes in, doing the 'I-have-to-pee-right-now" dance. I giggle and go back to watching the meter. It just keeps going up, don't it?

The roar of an engine makes me look up. A sleek black sports car rolls up to the pump at a diagnaiol to mine. Odd. A fancy car like that being out here. In the middle of nowhere. At... two thiry seven in the morning.

I watch the driver get out of the dark tinted car. He looks at me and smiles, I return with a wary, tired one of my own, before flicking my eyes back to the meter. It clicks and I level off to the nearest dollar before closing the tank.

Caan comes out of the gas station and starts to double check the hitch to the car we're towing. My car, really. I didn't want to drive it down to college and Caan doesn't own a car. I watch him give me a thumbs up before going inside to pay for the desiel, get something to drink, and the mandetory potty break

I look through the shelves in the fridge, finially settling on something and pull two of them out. Caan'll want one. I fish out my wallet at the counter and leave with the bag in hand.

I climb into the cab of the moving truck and smile at Caan; he's already asleep. The night drags on, the miles pass and the music plays in my headphones.

At dawn, I shake awake Caan. He smiles and together we climb onto the roof of the truck. We watch the sun rise together. After a few moments, we decide to break out our cameras and take pictures.

Caan manage one great shot of me as the wind tosses my air away from my face. But I decide to wait for mine. We climb back in the truck and driving on to our next stop.

At the restuart for breakfast the light bounces off Caan and grab his shoulder making him face me. He gives me a funny look but smiles when he sees me rise my camera lens. I take my great shot.

We move on to lunch and while we're on the highway, Caan decides that we'll stop and get a motel room for the evening and eat out at a "non-fast food, more of a slow food" place.

"I don't think I can take it any longer in this truck cab." He says, watching out the windshield, he looks at me and I give him a raised eyebrow. "I mean.. um.. no offence?"

I laugh and look out my window. The rolling land lulls me to sleep and I succum to it, figuring the less time I spend awake, the less time I have to let my mind wander. A wondering mind trips up on many momeries.

My eyelips slip closed. I slip into sleep.

Image

Image
Complete and loving credit goes to : orhanokay.deviantart.com

Image
Complete and loving credit goes to: muchlikefalling.deviantart.com
Disclaimer: I don't own these photes. There were found on google. Credit goes where credit is due.Story is mine. Photes are not.. : 3
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

The top picture is of Rin (kate), taken by Caan and the bottom picture is of Caan taken by Rin.

~LOVE AMBER~
XD