Devastation

9. Nightmares

By then I had finished so I stood up and put my plate and cup in the sink and ran to my room. Mike just sat there with a puzzled look on his face. So he carefully put his cup in the sink and went and stood outside my door just about to knock until he heard, what he thought was me talking to myself.
“At least a good thing came out of this but what am I meant to do? I’m so upset I miss my family, our family” I said crying a little

Just then I heard a knock at the door.
“Come in” I said while trying to wipe away some of the tears but failing because more were coming out of my eyes.
Mike came in.
“Why were you talking to yourself?”
“I wasn’t”
“Then who where you talking to?”
“Frank”
“Who’s Frank?”
“My imaginary friend”
“Ok” he thought I was a lunatic now
“And Spenny”
“Another imaginary friend”
“No” I said and showed him the skeleton
“Oh”

“Just so you know I’m not trying to be a replacement, I’m just trying to be a friend” he said
“I can see that, so where are we going on the weekend?”
“Way to change the conversation and most likely the mall”
“Ok, just so you know I don’t really like shopping”
“Ok, your very different from most girls aren’t you?”
“Yeah but I like being different, that’s how you can just be yourself”
“So very true”

“Ok time for bed”
“Not fair, can’t I stay up”
“No”
“But I’m not tired”
“Why?”
“Well I slept for about 14 hours today”
“You may have a point there but you still have to go to sleep”
“I can’t sleep when I’m not tired”
“Well I’m tired and I can’t leave you up by yourself, so please go to sleep or at least try”
“I’ll try” I said while rolling my eyes

So I lay down and Mike gave me a goodnight hug and then I tried going to sleep but it didn’t work as well as I hoped, but eventually I fell asleep. That night I had nightmares about my family. I was standing in the middle of a room. My family were all zombies, there were trying to get me. But that wasn’t the scary part. They took me too their leader and I gladly went with them. Their leader tried to take my brain so I could be one of them. I was glad too be apart of it. Then their leader didn’t like my brain and they all took me back and walked off and left me there. I screamed. I didn’t get sleep for the rest of the night.