Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

Plans&Rehearsal

Nick.

“Can we focus please!” I sighed, exasperated with Joe five minutes into the family meeting. “I have to have this discussed.”

“Chill, bro. Pull your panties out your butt.” Joe laughed and I slapped him in the back of his head. Before he could retaliate, mom stopped us both. Renee, of course being included in this, laughed at us both.

“Now go on, Nick. Say what you’ve got to say.” She urged me. I took a breath before beginning. “As everyone knows, or should know, Kyle’s birthday is next Saturday.”

“Of course we know,” My mom said like I said something obvious, “She’s my practically my own daughter!”

“Yes, I know. Let me keep going. Like I said, it’s her birthday and I want to throw a huge surprise party for her. I want everything to be great and I need everyone’s help.”

“Even me?” Frankie asked, looking up from his DS. I smiled. “Yep, even you, Frankie. Especially you.”

He smiled proudly and I began giving out jobs. “Mom& Renee you guys will bring Kyle to the party.”

“Have you already rented someplace, Nick?” Renee asked before I knew my mom would.

“Mhm. The ballroom on Kennedy. And since mom teaches dance sometimes it’ll be a believable thing.”

“Are we staying with her all day?” Mom asked and I shook my head no. “Uhh, Will and Cody are gonna be out with her most of the day. Hanging out and everything.” They nodded once we got through their jobs.

“Dad could you arrange the sound systems and everything we’d need to be set up correctly? We’ll need stage room and everything” I asked my father. He smiled and nodded.
“Anything for my kids. I’ll get right on it.”

“Joe since you and Kylie are experts on food, you’ll get the catering done. I already know you’ll get the right amounts so that’s all I’ll leave you with,” I stopped and thought. This was Joe, “Um but keep in mind some people don’t like things like chocolate syrup on tacos and such. You and Kylie might but we have to have stuff for others, too.” He frowned but smiled again.

“Sure. I’ll just get chocolate tacos for me and Kyliebear.” I shrugged, it’s not like it’d stop him if I disagreed. And plus, it was for Kyle. That nasty Chocolate taco stuff was something those two did together. I kept out of it.

“And I need everyone’s help in decorating. Everyone of us knows something about what Kyle likes and I’m sure we’d get it right if we worked together. Start thinking.”

“And what do I do?” Frankie asked.

I smiled at my younger brother, “Frankie you’re more important than all of us. You’re manager. You make sure everyone is doing their job and check it off when it’s done.”

“So I’m like a boss?” He asked, eager.

“Exactly.”

“Cool."

Everyone laughed and were about to leave before I said one last thing. “Kevin and Joe we need to get practicing. I wrote some songs and am almost finished with a few others. They need to be ready two days in advance.” I told them. April 24rth was the day so we had around 14 days. It may seem like a lot but it had to be perfect.

Joe sighed, looking at me with an emotion I couldn’t place. Maybe he wasn’t prepared for the practice. I’d bet that was it. But they both agreed regardless of the time. After all, it was for Kylie. My Kylie. Our Kylie.

&&

I heard the guitars when I entered the house. I was tired and wanted to shower after the first post-track practice. This year’s season was over, but we still trained. Especially since we do the Summer team. But to hear the boy’s play made me smile and head down to the basement. As I descended the steps I heard the beat change quickly, playing a song I knew quite well. My ringtone for Nick. The raw playing of ‘Please Be Mine’ since I knew live was better than studio.

“Hey, guys.” I smiled, hugging Joe since he was closest.

“Ew, Kyle! You’re all sweaty and dirty.” He crinkled his face and I punched him.

“Love you, too.” I said sarcastically,” And I got into a small scuffle with Jetta Barnes. She tried to trip me and we both ended up on the ground.

“Her first?” Joe asked. I rolled my eyes.

“HHeelll yeahhh!” He smacked hands and did our little handshake.

“So I’m going to shower. How ‘bout you make me something good to eat, loves?” I called as I jogged back up the stairs to jump and the shower and wash all the grime off. I didn’t pay much attention to the quick change in songs. They probably were trying to rehearse all the songs, which I would love to hear. Maybe later, when Joe didn’t think I stunk anymore.

I ran into the kitchen, my hair still a little damp from my shower. The three boys were there, Joe and Kevin at the counter and a plate of eggs and bacon were at the island where Nick sat on a high stool. I laughed, not mockingly, but of the act. Breakfast at 4 in the afternoon. With my future rockstars with me.

“I love you forever” I told all of them, hugging Nick around his waist since he was sitting higher than I was standing.

“Stop staring, Douche!” Nick threw a towel at Joe. I turned around, confused.

“It’s not my fault. C’mon, I’m a guy! And she should have pants on!” Joe argued. Ohh. So that’s what this was about. My shorts. Well I figured I was in the clear since Paul&Denise were out with Frankie for the day. Hm. Guess not.

“Here,” I grabbed Nick’s hands and placed them on my bottom. “Better?” I asked with a smirk. Kevin grimaced, “Not okay!” He squealed, running from the kitchen.

“Better for me at least,” Nick whispered in my ear, his hands still where I put them, gripping me.

I laughed and climbed into his lap, my face still to his. “Good. ‘Cause I like it just. like. this” I spoke in between kisses, winding my hips to his.

“This is so awkward it isn’t even funny.” Joe said before also leaving the room.

I laughed again before climbing off of him and grabbing a Diet Coke from the fridge.

“Those are mine!” Said about me taking one. I took a swig before smirking at him.

“So are those underwear of mine you refuse to return to me!” I countered.

“Nope. Those are mine now” He smirked back at me and I rolled my eyes. Might as well say he owns them since I know I’m not getting those boyshorts back ever again.

“This reminds me, when is the last time you checked your pod?” Nick’s diabetes sort of frightened, partly because I didn’t know what it was. I had yet to do my research on the topic. I didn’t really involve myself with it too much, but recently I’ve been more comfortable. The night we had sex I was scared I might accidently hurt him, but assured me he was fine.

“Put on a new one right before you came,” He assured me once again and took a sip out of my Coke can.

“Awww” I cooed, “Look at you Mr. Responsible.” I kissed his lips, but he didn’t kiss back, acting like he was mad at me for making fun. I licked his lips the, giggling and running into the family room to watch a movie with Joe.