Status: Finished! read sequel.

I'm Something Like A Player

Celebrate

“Now this is the last one of the night.” Coach Davis smiled into the mike as we stood up on the stage, him behind the podium and me beside the now empty award table. “This person has put a lot in for this time. They’ve helped this team in more ways than I could. Clinics, private sessions, you name it. And to add a little more icing to the cake, her boyfriend is one the best on the team. I’m pretty sure it’s safe to say we might not have won tonight if we didn’t have this young lady with us.” I sat up there blushing like a fool while Mr. Davis spoke.

“So these are for you, Kylie,” He looked at me and reached into the podium’s shelf, pulling out a plaque and a medal among other prizes like a big basket full of gifts.

“Yeah Kylie!” I heard the spot where the basketball players were sitting.

“We love you Kylie!”

“Oh my gosh” I covered my mouth to hide the disbelief.

“I had this award special made because there’s never been any person like Kylie.” He hugged me before handing me my gifts and awards. I wanted to cry as everyone cheered my name. Instead I laughed as I heard the words they were saying.

All of the sudden the team rushed up to the stage with us. I hurriedly put the basket down in fear they’d make me drop it in their excitement. Nick pulled me to him and kissed my full on the lips in front of everyone, earning cheers and ‘awww’s. Then I felt us being broke apart and lifted up on their shoulders. I let out a small scream which turned into a laugh and the pumped us up and down. Nick looked at me and winked before laughing also, enjoying the moment fully.

&&

“Thanks, Denise.” I said when we got out of the car at Outback Steakhouse. Nick’s choice. We just got back from the Sportsmans Banquet. The teams throughout this year got their awards. I ended up with 4, two being from Softball and the other ones for Basketball and volleyball. Even thought the event was for all sports, when we got to basketball, it went crazy. Everyone was cheering and everything. Mr. Davis had me up there presenting each member of the team. It felt so great to have everyone there for me and the team’s accomplishments like that.

“Oh, Kylie stop it.” She waved me off, “You don’t need to thank us, Honey. Consider it as your reward if you must.”

I sighed and let Nick’s hand guide me as we walked inside and sat on the small benches to wait. I let my head lie on his shoulder while his hand ran up and down my arm.

“They say they should be able to seat us soon.” Denise told all of us, sitting down beside Paul. Frankie was sitting between Joe and Kevin. He was playing on his DS he snuck in with since I knew Denise said to leave it in the car.

“Kylie I don’t know why you wore those.” She looked disapprovingly at my Converse. I laughed and wiggled my feet. “You either Nick.

“I thought they added style?” I teased and she sighed.

“Mommy I had to stand up all night while everyone else sat down. I didn’t want my feet to fall off.” I tried to use that as my reason but it really wasn’t. I wasn’t fond of dressing up at times. And today at school there was a big field day because of our win. We played a game of football, jumped in a jumper, and danced. It was so awesome. And since I was in Playgirl mode all day, I wasn’t in the mood to get all dolly. I kept the style by wearing my Chuck Taylor’s tonight. Nick followed my lead, wearing bright red ones opposed to my bright yellow. I always used those two colors for my flowers. They were so pretty together.

“Mhhmmm” She said, not believing me.
“I love you.” I smiled cheekily, “Correction,” I held Nick’s jaw in my hand, squeezing it to make a sort of smile. “We love you.”

“You’re as ridiculous as Joe.” She laughed. Joe scoffed.

“Oh please! I’m way more ridiculous than Kyle."

“You wish!”

“I still play with my Barney glow in the dark shirt!”

“I have a pair of Telly Tubbies shoes that light up when you walk in them!”

“I sing Celine Dion!”

“I dance to Madonna videos!”

“I love playing footsie by myself!”

“I have a life sized Michael Jackson in my room that I sing to every night!” I stated raising my eyebrows for his next challenge. His mouth opened to say something back then he raised his finger.

“That’s awesome.” He concluded, telling me I won.

“I know right?” I asked with excitement.

“Oh God.” Denise rolled her eyes and me and Joe shrugged innocently. Now this was my freaking twin. I chose not to acknowledge our little argument from a few days ago and save that until the next confrontation I knew he’d bring.

“Your table is ready.” The waitress told us and Joe and I hopped up immediately. Frankie grabbed his hand, he grabbed mine and I grabbed Nick’s as she lead us to the booth. Denise, Paul, and Kevin were a little behind us so of course they didn’t see Joe flirting with the girl.

“Hey pretty lady,” He winked at her when he saw she was eyeing him with approval. She giggled. “Hey yourself.”

He smiled, dazzling her instantly. She blushed and then the other arrived at the booth. Nick and I shared a laugh as she handed out menus and Joe acted normal again.

“I already know I want the sampler and nachos as an appetizer,” I told Joe and Nick, the two I was currently sitting in between.

“Both?” Nick asked at the same time Joe said awesome.

“I’m starving, Babe.” I sighed, “ It’s not like I’m gonna be eating it by myself.” I said.

“True. We might as well get hot wings, too.” He said and smiled at me. I returned it as she took down our drinks.

“A diet coke, then a regular,” I told her for Nick and I. We went back to conversation between ourselves as did everyone else.

Dinner went nicely. I felt like I was in a family. And I was. With Nick’s family I did have a family. They were the family I didn’t get the chance to have. Denise made a toast to Nick and I, we ordered a few desserts to share. It was safe to say we were all thoroughly full and sleepy when we got home. Everyone bid their goodnight and went into their rooms.

“Unzip me?” I asked Nick, slipping off my socks and shoes. I felt his cool fingers being placed on my back. It felt a hot trail down my back as he unzipped me. The kiss he placed on my shoulder made me smile, turning so I could face him. I lifted my hand to stroke his cheek while I planted a kiss on his lips. I turned back around to slip out of my dress.

“Turn around” I heard Nick say as I let out a yawn. I did as told, and placed my hands on his shoulders. He bent down and patted my right ankle telling me to lift that one, then my left as he pulled a pair of his boxers on me. I smiled at the thought of Nick taking care of me.

I felt the shirt go over my head as I let my eyes lose. Instinctively, I put my arms through.

Nick’s arm went under me and swept me off my feet. I was to sleepy to protest so I stayed quiet as he put me on the bed, putting the blankets over my shoulder how I liked. I yawned again and didn’t quiet go to sleep while my eyes closed as I waited for Nick to get in the bed. A minute later, his warm body evaded the covers, wrapping his arms around my waist as his body pressed behind mine.