Status: Inactive.

Help Me: My Name is Sara-Beth

-Chapter Three-

Sara woke up the next morning, a headache clouding her head, the sun clouding her room.
Downstairs, she heard clashing noises coming from the kitchen. She grew alert, but then let her guard down as she figured it was just her mo, making breakfast for god only knows who. Sara-Beth couldn't even think about being in the presence of her mother anymore. But, damn, that woman could cook some good fucking omelets. Somehow, she managed to get all of the toppings on the inside and still get some of them on the outside, too. Those son of a bitches were full, and fluffy on the inside, filled with lots of gooey cheese, and sometimes, a slice or two of chopped up tomato.

Sara got out of bed, threw her hair up into a pony tail and headed downstairs. Where she found a man behind her mother. His arms, wrapped around her waist, as she stood in front of the stove, a spatula in her hand. His head rest on her shoulder. He was looking at her, whispering in her ear. She giggled at whatever he said; which was probably something sexual, like what they would do later on or something. Sara cleared her throat, hoping to catch their attention.

"Oh, look who's out of bed." Her mother said cheerfully.

Sara was ready to argue with her about her cheery tone, but she figured that now wasn't a good time.

"Ahh, yeah.. I smelled your omelets, and I had to come down."

Her mother smiled. "This is Carl." She pointed with the spatula at the man now standing away near the sink.

"Yeah. I met him yesterday." Sara told her mother, a snarky attitude escaping her mouth. She went over to the breakfast bar extending from the counters and sat on one of the stools.

"Sara..." Her mother started "I know this is causing you pain... But I told you.... There's nothing I can do about it..I've tried everything, and nothing seems to work." She began to cry.
"I don't know what to do anymore.."

Sara was tired of it. The crying. The new man pretty much every night. Although, she had seen Carl last night, at the pizza place.

"How long have you two been together?" Sara asked her.

"Two weeks.." Her mother seemed to cheer up again. "It's the longest relationship I've had in about 5 years."

She could feel her mother smiling.

"Without sex?" She dared to ask. She didn't want to set off another fuse. That wouldn't be pretty. Her heart made a large thud, sending waves of nervousness and anticipation through her entire body. It was almost like she stopped breathing, waiting for the answer.

And when she heard it, she almost did. In fact, she didn't hear anything. Both, Carl and her mother were silent. Carl stood there, staring at the floor. Both of them, nothing to say, no smart remark, no brilliant answer, no intelligent explanation.

"Thought so." Sara light the fuse, got down from the stool and stormed out of the room.

"Sara, wait!" Her mother called after her.

Sara turned around quickly and looked at her, her eyes tearing up.

"No, mom! I'm so, sick and fucking tired of fucking waiting. I've been waiting for almost 5 fucking years. wating for you to come home. waiting for us to have a good meal together at dinner. waiting for us to spend some fucking time together. And waiting for so much other shit, that I don't even KNOW anymore! You've promised me so many fucking things... And you've broken each and every one of them.
Because of you, I've become the exact person I didn't want to be. I've developed traits and hobbies that I've avoided for practically my whole life, until those five years, mom! I've had to do things to cover up the pain, the torture that you've put me through. I have to smoke up, just to be happy!" She let that sink into her mom's head for a couple of seconds.
"For so many years, I've been afraid of falling flat on my ass, just like you. Becoming exactly who you are. And, well, I have mom. I've become you. Just without the sex...." Sara turned away from her mother and began walking upstairs.

"And I hope you're happy..." Her voice became quiet and sad. She reached her room and closed the door behind her, closing the door on her and her mother's relationship.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so there's chapter three.

Comments and subscribe if you liikee ittt? :)

That's actually the first time I've ever written that. O_O