It Started With Cupid's Arrow

Jealousy Is James's Middle Name

Fourth Year—Jealousy is James’s middle name

Lily Evans didn’t have a clue about the fact that a majority of the males in the school had thoughts about her, but James Potter did. And he was not happy about it. Even after a series of rejections from her throughout the past year, he had never given up hope that she would one day say yes. His friends weren’t sure what to think of his persistence, except Remus, who had realized before James himself had, that James love’s her.

That doesn’t mean he hadn’t dated, because he had already had his fair share of girlfriends, none of which lasted particularly long. He had a feeling it was because he couldn’t see himself with anyone but Lily in the long run. And he knew that she didn’t feel the same way at the moment. The annual Valentine’s Day dance was tonight, and he was going stag, as he had last year when Lily rejected him for the first time.

Originally, he had planned to ask Lily to the dance, but he knew that it wasn’t a good idea judging by her foul mood the last time he had saw her. Later tonight was the dance, and he knew that Lily as her friend Claire were dateless, and quite okay with it from what he had heard. Walking down the corridor to get to his Transfiguration classroom, he saw two fifth year Ravenclaw boys up ahead. They didn’t seem to realize that he was there, and continued with the conversation undisturbed.

“Man, I am telling you, Lily Evans is the hottest girl in school,” the first one, which James identified as Henry Corner, said to his companion.

“I know! She had a kickin’ body, no lie. I would love to tap that,” the second one, which James had a suspicious was Edwin Schoonmaker.

“I’m planning on trying to get a little action at the dance tonight. I mean, she’s single, my girlfriend’s sick, it’s perfect.”

Watching the two walk ahead, talking still about Lily and their plans for the dance. James wouldn’t be so nervous, except he knew that Corner could play a very convincing nice guy. Even most of the professors bought it. And he wasn’t about to let anything happen to his Lily, even though she technically wasn’t his yet. But she would be, one day, he was sure of that.

/\/\/\/\

Making his way through the Great Hall, which had been cleared of the tables and decorated for the dance, James was trying to find Henry Corner. No way would he let that sicko anywhere near Lily. She was out of his league, too good for him. Too pure. He was not going to allow him the chance to even try. If he saw any sign of the guy going in Lily’s direction, he’ll hex him. He’ll punch him. He’d do something to make the guy regret talking about his Lily that way.

Walking around a few couples snogging at the edges of the Great Hall, he saw Henry Corner, talking to a few of his friends, scanning the Great Hall for, most likely, Lily. Anger bubbling up inside him, he waited for Henry to figure out where Lily was, and to start to make his way over to her. Quicken his pace; James cut Henry off, out of hearing distance of his friends, Lily, and the professors.

“I overheard something interesting today, Corner,” James said, his voice filled with loathing.

“And what has it got to do with me, Potter?” he replied, looking over James’s shoulder, keeping his eyes on Lily.

“It has to do with you because I heard you say some very wrong things about a Housemate of mine. Things I doubt either she or your girlfriend would be happy about,” James said his voice and facial expression still even and unchanged.

“Well, my friends aren’t going to tell either girl, and if you know what’s good for you, you won’t, either,” Corner growled.

“Yeah, well, unlike you, I have morals. And I’m not gonna let you use Evans in that way, or hurt the girl who’s thick enough to date you. Now, how about you turn around and head back to your friends.”

“What makes you think I’m gonna listen to you. If I want go play with Evans, it’s my choice. And I chose to go do just that.” Smirking, he started to move around the Gryffindor boy, but he put an arm out in front of Corner to stop him. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. The consequences would be...painful.”

“Is that a threat?” the older boy asked, raising one eyebrow.

“No. It’s a promise.” Still not realizing the dangerous position he was in, Corner started once again in the direction of Lily, and James once again stopped him. Pulling back his fist, he punched the bastard right in the jaw. Corner, realizing what James had just done, punched James back, hitting him in the shoulder. That is when it turned into a fully fledged fight.

Making his way over to the two boys, Dumbledore preformed a spell to separate the boys. McGonagall, who had arrived seconds after Dumbledore, along with Flitwick, screamed “Potter! Corner! Detention! Three weeks! My office!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, JamsiePoo got jealous!!

To my one subscriber: I love you!!!!!!!!!!!! Now if only you'd comment.....

Check out my new story, cowritten with lyriclover. It's called Running From Reality. Link's below.

http://www.mibba.com/story/_110968/Running-from-Reality