I Just Won't Admit

He's A Change

I loved my days off, especially when I could just take pictures of my surroundings. I wandered around the downtown park snapping pictures of the hustle and bustle of the morning crowd. Most of them we’re running to work or class. They’d spill their coffee all over themselves. I’d chuckle to myself sitting on a wooden bench with my own coffee and morning food. Of course, people would glare at me.

I focused my camera on a couple in the distance leaning against a tree. The male was holding the female tightly in his strong arms and the female with a love smile on her face. I thought it was cute and focused to take another one.

“Hold on, hold on! Cheese!” A curly mop of hair was in my view. I smiled slightly and put down my camera.

“Nick, you’re in the way!” I whined and pushed his shoulder playfully. He pouted.

“But, but I’m oh so photogenic! Every girl wants to take a picture of my and hang it on their wall.” Nick proclaimed. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

“Pft, you only wish you were some famous guy on a magazine, Nick.” Another male voice said. I turned and there appeared a slightly taller male than Nick. They even look similar.

“Shut up. Oh! Maddie this is Joe, my know-it-all brother. Joe this is Maddie.” Nick introduced.

Joe extended his arm for a hand shake. I took it and gazed up at his face. What immediately hit me were his eyes. They were brown like chocolate that would slowly make you melt into a puddle of nothing. I quickly released and looked back to Nick. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Joe smirking and laughing to himself. Watch it boy!

“So I’m guessing today is your day off?” Nick asked, sipping his steaming drink. I nodded. “Well Joe and I are on our way to go get Storm from work and then just chill after. Care to join us?”

I shrugged, “Sure why not.” I packed my camera back in its case and picked up my coffee. I put the straps of my tote bag over my shoulder and followed Nick and Joe. I sipped on my coffee, burning my tongue multiple times causing it to go numb.

As soon as we made is five feet away from work, Storm came running out and straight into Nick’s arms. It was almost like she hadn’t seen him in ages when it was only two days. Nick picked her up and spun her around placing a kiss on her lips. I turned away from the awkwardness.

“Now if you two are done being adorable, I’d like to go get something to eat.” Joe cut in, breaking them apart.

“Awe Joey, what happened to Claire?” Storm asked him.

“Awe Stormy, none of your business.” Joe mocked. Her eyes narrowed at him as she looked up.

“Don’t call my Stormy!”

“Then don’t call me Joey.”

I stood there amused at the little argument that was happening. It reminded me of back home when my friends would fight with other friend’s boyfriends... if that even made sense. But then it went silent and they all started laughing. Oh yeah, I feel a little out of place.

“Right so, Ale House?” Nick asked. “Everyone okay with that?” They all turned to me.

“As long as they have food, I’m good with anything.” I shrugged and smiled. Joe was the first to laugh.

“Yes it has food, like pub food and burgers. You’ll like it!” Stormed assured me then took Nick’s hand as we began to walk.

I walked along side of Joe, uneasy. I didn’t know what to say or talk about with him. I zipped up my sweater as the cool breeze swept through me.

“So uhm,” Joe startled me. “Nick and Storm tell me that you’re new to Seattle. You’re from California.”

I nodded, “Yeah, California girl I am.”

“Yeah I could tell.”

Was it that obvious that I was from Cali? That’s two people in the matter of two weeks. Weird.

“Not that I’m saying it’s a bad thing or whatever. I like Cali, very nice there!” Joe automatically jumped to conclusions. I laughed and shook my head. “But uhm, do you like Seattle? It’s kind of blah but...”

“It’s actually pretty awesome here. I like the surroundings and the weather change. I mean I’m just waiting for the snow to come, never seen snow in my life. Well except for in the movies.” I gushed like a little girl over a Polly Pocket toy.

“Well then you came to the right place!” Joe stretched out his arms and swayed a little. Did I mention his killer smile? Too perfect.

Joe held open the door for me as we walked into the packed diner. The only two tables left were meant for two people each and on opposite ends of the diner. Which meant I had to sit with Joe while the lovebirds sat with each other. I suppose it was only fair.

Joe pulled out the chair for me to sit down. I whispered a thank you and took my seat. He sat across and browsed the menu while I ordered two cokes for us. We chatted for a little bit until our food came and by that time I was totally fine with Joe. It felt like I could talk to him about anything and he wouldn’t get annoyed or make up some excuse that he had to leave or anything.

It was nice to talk to a guy and get his perspective on things rather than here the same replies from girls. It was a change. He was a change. A good chance, at that.

I spent the rest of the day with them and it was interesting. They know these little hang out places where you can get alcohol and they won’t card you. So we had a few drinks here and few drinks there and at the end of the night Storm was completely wasted and passed out. Nick had to carry her home while he told Joe to walk me home because I was acting weird.

“You know I’m totally fine. I don’t understand why you have to walk me home.” I slurred and stumbled over the sidewalk. “Who put that there? Huh, who put that there?”

“This is why I have to walk you home?” Joe put his arm around my shoulders. “How many drinks did you have tonight?”

I shrugged, “Don’t know. I know I had some beer, rum, shots, vodka....”

“You mixed drinks?! Man, you are going to have one nasty hangover tomorrow.” Joe shook his head.

“Pssh, pfft, pssh... NO!” I shouted then grabbed my head. “Maybe just a slight headache.”

“Uh huh.” We reached the studio as I escaped from Joe’s grip.

“Thanks... Joe.” I hiccupped and rolled my eyes. “I’ll see ya around.”

I took out my key and unlocked the back door.

“Maddie, wait, lemme see your cell.” He said and snatched it from my hand. “Call me just in case you need anything.” Then he kissed my cheek.

I nodded and waved goodbye as Joe’s figure retreated down the street until I couldn’t see him anymore. I leaned back against the brick wall and breathed out warm air. A tiny smile crept upon my face.

Joe.
Joe Jonas.
♠ ♠ ♠
So do you have a team yet?
Team Tom? Team Joe?
No team? Maybe it's too early to tell but whatever haha.
Please comment :)

- JR xx.