Status: On Hold for Editing D=

Loving a Shapeshifting Werewolf

Confessions

“WHAT?! Bella’s dead?!” Jake’s eyes were wild for a moment, and he started shaking. The others filled into the clearing as his eyes turned to me. There were multiple emotions reflected in his eyes- disappointment, sadness, shock, horror, but mostly anger. He punched a tree, which uprooted and hit another tree, knocking that over as well. The second fallen tree smashed down and crushed a boulder. Jeeze. The Cullens made quiet conversation with Sam as Paul shoved me out of the way before Jake hit me. I landed on the grass, the rest of the wolves circling around the border and growling and barking for them to stop.

“STOP!” I shouted at the circling wolves, as Jake got clawed in the right arm and Paul got something broken. The crack was sickening. I pushed Paul out of the way as Jake was about to maul him again, and got a neat set of four scratches on my back. I screamed into Paul’s fur. He whined, I fell over, and he licked my wound on my back. Jake made the same whimpering noise, but approached me cautiously. I put a shaking hand on Paul’s neck to stop him from attacking my beloved imprint again. I didn't want to see him hurt, either of them. Damn, this drama should be saved for high school! But damn it all, I couldn't even be mad at my imprint when he wanted to kill me. Why did I feel so guilty for causing the death of someone evil, who would have caused so many more deaths if she had lived?

“Err...I think it’s safe to assume that Maia had something to do with the vampire attack and that we shouldn’t have any more of those for a while…” Emmett said slowly.

Rose took his hand and dragged him away, and Alice sighed and danced away with Jasper behind her. Esme looked upset, and Carlisle finished his conversation with Sam while the younger werewolves filed away. I gave a weak nod for the other wolves to leave, meaning Embry, Quil, Seth, and Leah. They all nosed me in my shoulder as they left reluctantly. They, meaning the pack and a few of the vamps, wanted to say something, but they all knew that leaving would be more helpful than a crowd to make MORE drama. I just sat hunched over on my knees with blood dripping down my back.

Okay, I knew I deserved it. I did get the girl killed after all…even though she deserved it too. I looked at Jake, in his huge reddish-brown form, not noticing Carlisle coming over, and for the first time in my life…fainted and dropped like a rock.

~*#!<3!#*~

I woke up on a bed, and with something uncomfortable and scratchy around my stomach. I snapped up into a sitting position, whipping my head both sides to see what was happening before wincing and leaning back against the pillow. It was the Cullens’ mansion, and I was in a spare room. There were bandaged around my middle, but my bra was in place and I was covered by blankets otherwise. Jake was on a chair a few feet away with his head glued into his hands. (Not literally, by the way.) The bed moved a little with my extreme rocking from side to side, and he looked up. His arm was pretty much healed- it was scabbed over. I, on the other hand, had an annoying tendency to scar. Seriously, there was one time where I somehow cut my arm on a-- Okay sorry.

“Maia…I thought about it, and I’m sorry. I--”

I cut him off by shaking my head. “I want a hug.”

“I--”

I gave him a stern look and he relented, coming over and wrapping his crazily muscled arms around me with a gentleness you could only imagine. I buried my head in his shoulder. “I’m sorry too. I shouldn’t have over-reacted and been so impulsive. I should’ve just told you what was going on first but I was afraid you wouldn’t believe me.” My voice was muffled in his shirt, with a couple of betraying tears beading from the corner of my eyes. It was so terrifying, the thought that Bella might have actually stolen Jake from me and hurt Edward in the process as well. She--

I took a deep breath, then pulled back. He traced his thumbs under my eyes, wiping away the moisture that leaked down. I explained what I knew had also been told to Edward, minus the possible added cruelty and malice. I explained how she had used both of them, and that the possibility of power had changed her. I pulled my cell phone out of my jeans, biting my lip out of pain as I did so, then played a recording.

////“I saw him first Maia, and he loves me. Maybe you do ‘deserve’ him more than I do, but it doesn’t matter. He’s completely into me and you can’t change that…ever.”

“Bella, stop being a fucking bitch- I could kill you on the spot right now. Make up your damn fucking mind, do you like Edward or Jacob? Not that I’d let you have my IMPRINT, but at least figure out what YOU want!”

“I know what I want, Maia. I want to live forever. Who the hell would want to grow old and die?”

“So in other words, you don’t even care who you end up with?”

“Of course I do- I want to have both of them. Haven’t you seen the way they look at me? There’s no way to pick. Edward was perfect, until he left me. Jacob keeps changing because of his werewolf thing. Neither of them are even stable.”

“Give me one reason not to kill you for being a selfish bitch.”

“Because no one will believe you.” ///////
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this took so long, but I wanted it to be good so I kept editing. Please read, comment, and subscribe. It means so much!

~Andree