Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Epilogue.

Zacky’s POV

A few years later.

The end of The Rev’s life on Earth had hit us all. It was tragic. It fucked us up. No one could’ve gone anywhere without being reminded of Jimmy. He left us alone. But being alone was something I was used to. Leana couldn’t stop crying and his parents were so torn up. Could you imagine living after your son died? Could you imagine living longer than your child? I don’t think I could’ve.

Jimmy stopped living...but we didn’t. He would’ve comeback to Earth just to kick our asses if we hadn’t gone on with our lives.

So we did.

The guys and I finished off the album, dedicated to that wicked motherfucker, with a little help with the drums and we were all at the airport; the tour just ended.

“Hey Zack,” one of the roadies, Chris, called out.

I looked up from nursing my coffee cup, more focused on getting the hell out of the damned airport than him. Where was my ride anyway?

“Yeah man?” I asked, glancing quick at my wristwatch. Where was my drop? I was so tired.

“What you gonna do when you get home?” he asked. I smirked, now he got my attention.

“Man, I’m going to grab myself two chicks, go home and lay easy,” I said smiling. Matt grinned and pounded my fist. Val, who was on his lap, threw us a look of disgust and got up.

“For your information boys, women do not like to be referred to as chicks.” She walked away and Matt glared at me.

“Dude, see what you caused!”

My eyes widened, bewildered. “Me? Dude, fucking blame Chris, he started this shit!” I yelled out and pointed at the blonde.

“Roadies,” Matt and I said in unison, shaking our heads. Chris looked at the two of us and then sighed and he too, shook his head.

“Man you two are fucked up,” he muttered and Matt laughed out loudly.

Suddenly, everywhere got dark, and it didn’t take me long to figure out that someone was blocking my eyes.

“Guess who?” I smiled and pretended to think.

“Hmm, is it the Easter Bunny?”

A giggle. “Noooo.”

“Hm, then it definitely has to be Santa Claus!”

“No way silly!”

“Hm,” I dragged out the ‘m’ and placed my hands over the ones that were over my eyes. “Then it has to be Chrysta!” I shouted and removed her hands. She squealed and hugged me.

“I missed you so, so, so, much Daddy!” she said. I hugged her tightly and closed my eyes. Daddy. I would never get accustomed to that. I looked at my three year old daughter, pride swelling. She looked like her mother so much, but she had my eyes.

“I missed you too baby,” I said, then looked behind her, “Now where’s your momma?” Chrysta’s round, baby doll eyes looked at me, widening even more.

“Daddy,” she whispered, “Mommy cussed!”

I laughed. “Really?”

“Yeah! She woke up late today, that’s why we didn’t come quick. She said the ‘s’ word. Over and over and over! And then,” she breathed out, “when we saw you here with Uncle Mattie, Mommy said she wanted coffee and for me to come and meet you!”

“What is she telling you?” I heard the familiar angelic voice and I broke into a wide smile. I got up and looked at my wife. She was, as always, the most beautiful woman I’ve ever been blessed to see. Loree was smiling at me, shaking her head, as if she heard my thoughts. I rushed to her and hugged her.

“She was just saying how you said the ‘s’ word. Really!” I said, tsking her. She looked behind me and mockingly glared at our daughter.

“You little snitch,” she accused, playfully glaring at her.

“I love you Mommy!” Chrysta yelled out. We both laughed.

I looked at Loree and then kissed her senseless. On the road without my wife, really did you expect anything less? I broke the kiss, panting. I was so glad she was here. My wife. I loved her so much. Years have passed and I still can’t believe she said ‘yes’ to me. I remember weeks after I went to find her at the funeral, I used to wake up thinking, fearing, that she left me again. I mean, she was so amazing and I was so…not. But every time I woke up, expecting to see an empty space beside me, she was there. She loves me!

She and Chrysta, they were my everything.

I pressed my forehead against hers. “I missed you so fucking much Lor.”

“Me too baby, but you’re home now.”

I looked at her and then listened to Chrysta laughing with Matt, Val and the rest of the guys and I agreed.

I was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Ri for writing this kick-ass epilogue. :]

Ri_gLiTz:
for all you people who don't know, the 's' word is 'shit' :]
Thank you for reading our story and.....
LIVE LONG N PROSPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :]

Sweet Vengeance:
Well, this is it! I couldn't wait until tomorrow to post it, but Secret will be out tomorrow. Thanks for all the support and comments through this wild ride. Thank you for so much for reading! And comment, because is your last chance to get in your final word. :]

RIP JIMMY "THE REV" SULLIVAN

foREVer