Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Twenty Four.

I sat on the loveseat with Leana, patiently waiting for the guys to show. Unlike Val, who was impatiently pacing back in forth in my living room.

I swear she’s going to burn a hole in my carpet.

The tour was finally over. Michelle, Leana, and Lacey flew out to Nashville, since Val and I were already here. We all could rest peacefully, knowing that our loved ones were back home, and most importantly safe.

“Where are they? Matthew called fifteen minutes ago, saying they just pulled onto your street!” Val said, running a hand through her blonde locks.

“They’ll be here, Val. Remember patience is the key.” I smirked.

She glared over, and gave me the finger, causing Leana and I to giggle. It was always fun to push her buttons.

The truth is I’m dying to see Zacky. It’s like I can’t take it any longer.

I need him.

My house doesn’t feel like home without him. When he was here I felt complete. It was a feeling that I hadn’t had in a long time. When he left, I felt empty and lost. Now that I know he’s coming home, I’m ecstatic. I can’t wait to be in his arms again.

“They’re here!” Val screeched, excitedly, before taking off to the front door.

And sure enough there was a black SUV coming up my drive. I got up and straightened my blouse, before following the rest of the girls outside. The warm Tennessee air hit my face, and then, I saw him.

He grinned widely at the sight of me, taking me straight into his tattooed arms. “Hey baby.” Zacky murmured into my hair.

“I missed you.” I spoke into the crook of his neck.

“I missed you more.”

I pulled back and he pulled back into the most passionate kiss. I missed his hugs. His kisses. Him. Our tongues danced for dominance and finally, I gave in. We pulled away breathless, never breaking eye contact.

“Could we go somewhere to talk in private?” He asked.

I nodded, pressing my lips against his once more, before taking his hand and leading him around the house to the pond. For some reason he looked nervous, and I didn’t have a clue why. There was nothing to be nervous about. I sat down on the bench and he sat down beside me.

“You okay, Zack?” I asked.

He sighed heavily, and nodded. “Yeah, I’m fine.”

I didn’t believe him.

“Are you sure?” I pressed.

“Yeah. I just feel like I’m rushing things.”

I was now confused. I watched as he stood up from the bench, and now was standing in front of me. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, before getting down on one knee.

“Zack, what are you doing?”

He reached into his pocket, retrieving a small box, and opened it. I gasped at the small gold band with three large stones in the center of it. It must’ve cost a fortune. I felt tears coming and I closed my eyes. This couldn’t be real. It couldn’t be, the man of my dreams standing before me with a ring.

I opened my eyes, and it was true. This is really happening.

“Lorelei Rae Sanders, I don’t know if I’m rushing things, but I’m positive that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I can’t risk losing you again. I love you so damn much, and I don’t know what I’d do without you.”

He took the ring out of the box, and held it between his pointer finger and thumb.

“Loree, will you marry me?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Before any of you get ready to murder me. There IS an epilogue. It should be out by Friday or Saturday.

Question? Formspring

New Syn Gates story coming out after this. The first chapter should be out after the epilogue.Secret

Love all of ya'll.

Oh, and who has listened to Nightmare? :) I bought it yesterday, and haven't stopped playing it since. What's your favorite song? Mine are Fiction, Welcome to the Family, and Danger Line.