Status: Complete!

Two Sides of the Same Story

Seven.

On your day off you’d think you would wake up with the sun beaming in your eyes and birds chirping outside your window. I’d love to have that, but instead I have a little blonde lady banging on my hotel’s bedroom door.

“Loree Sanders! Get your ass out of that bed!” Val exclaimed, banging on my door.

Slowly, but surely, I walked over to the door. “What do you want?” I asked.

“Would you just open the damned door?” she asked. “It’s one in the afternoon for God sakes.”

I sighed and opened the door, to see her standing there with Matt’s credit card in hand. “Shopping?” she asked, flashing that little platinum card in my face.

I smiled widely and nodded. “Lemme get changed and I’ll meet you outside in twenty.”

“Val! No please!” I exclaimed, as she dragged me into Victoria’s Secret.

“It’ll be fun! Besides, you did agree to come shopping and you wanted to come, didn’t you?” she said, yanking me further into the store. I nodded. “So, shut up and quit yapping!”

“But I’m tired!” I exclaimed, ignoring all the weird looks people were giving us.

“Last stop, okay? And I have to agree these bags are getting heavy,” she said.

“Loree, what do you think about this?” Val asked. I peeked my head out of the dressing room. “Do you think Matt would like it?” she asked, holding up a set of lacy lingerie.

Is this lady crazy? This was not the type of question to be asking your boyfriend’s niece!

“Val, in all due respect what in the hell are you thinking? I’m not going to answer that question!” I exclaimed, as Val started cracking up. “What is so funny?”

Through giggles she replied, “You should’ve seen your face.”

Once Val recomposed herself, she started talking again. “Really, do you like it?” she asked.

“Yes, I do.” I replied.

“I’m sure Zacky would like it too,” she said, smirking.

I gaped at the woman, “Wha—what did you just say?” I asked her.

“Oh, come on! You know you like him,” she replied, smirking.

I stood there in shock. “I do not,” I stated.

“I saw you two last night. At the bar, you guys were extremely close,” she said; now putting her hands on her hips.

“That doesn’t mean I like him.” I said, defensively.

“Oh, okay.” She said, grinning widely.

“I don’t like him! This is Zacky were talking about!” I exclaimed. Zacky! The cocky ass, womanizing sleazebag! There is no possible way I’d ever like him! Come on!

“Okay, okay. I believe you.” She said.

“Yeah, sure you do.” I mumbled, slamming the dressing room door.

When we arrived back at the hotel, I collapsed on my bed I was so exhausted. Val had said something about going out to dinner with the guys, but I told her to go without me if I wanted something I’d go out myself. I just needed to clear my head.

The words ‘you like him’ filled my head.

“No, I don’t.” I thought.

Yes, you do.

“Would you just shut the hell up?” I said, out loud this time. Am I going insane?

I can’t, I’m in your head.

I groaned and slammed my head into my pillow. I sighed, I’m pathetic I got up, grabbed my bag and walked out of the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment?
Thanks to those who commented on the last chapter, your amazing!